RE: RE: Re: HK: Look For Signs via "Chance Encounters"

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013

      a 'Prophet' than is Bill O'Reilly!

      And, they view religious 'history'

      in a similar way... they make it

      up by using half-truths, omissions,

      rewrites, additions, and outright

      lies all created by men!

      Prometheus

      ---In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, <eckankarsurvivorsanonymous@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      They do a lot of attempts at "love", but it is more connected to a how to book like How to Make Friends and Influence People. A relative of mine did develop the smiley face of the sales pitch. It is a sales technique used by many to gain your trust and disarm you. I've been taken too many times by trusting smiling faces of people I didn't know that well or like my eckie friend, once they realize that you won't play along they aren't very friendly anymore, and can become quite nasty or shun you. Suddenly you have become an agent of kal, and those signs become dark messages that contact with the one who questions will derail them from the path of eck, blaming you, the non believer, for bad karma in their lives, especially if that eckist is a family member. The Shunning HI is a reality and can cause a lot of harm when they have some economic power or status. Manipulation and pretense is the name of the game, acting "as If", but being in reality a the opposite of anything Nice.

      Non (-:

      ---In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, <eckankarsurvivorsanonymous@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Prometheus,

      You wrote:
      Then, again, not every
      newbie can see past the
      personal contact from
      those kind hearted and
      smiling faces of ECK
      missionary/vahanas...
      and almost every H.I.
      is one.

      My response:
      Wow. Do you mean to say that the high initiates have actually resorted to love bombing new members now? That's hilarious!

      It's typical though when you think about it. A manipulative mind control cult like eckankar doesn't have the spiritual resources to create an actual environment of love and acceptance. Few religions do.

      Eckankar has never really given weight to the value of love anyway. The best they can do is mumble the word "love" and attach it to other content-free nominalizations like "eck" and "mahanta."

      What eckankar does offer, on the other hand, is a menu of simulacra and models of behavior that are engineered to bring desired results - whatever they happen to be at the time.

      Love? Not so much.
    • le_anne_thompson
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2013
        are there any teachings ofpaul twitchell that are worth readingat all? I know harolds is fabricated.

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 15, 2013

          IMO the only book of

          Twitchell's that is worth

          a read is:

          "Difficulties Of Becoming

          The Living ECK Master."

          This book was published

          by Eckankar in 1980 and

          compiled by Bernadine

          Burlin from Paul's early

          tapes donated by Patti

          Simpson and Anya Foos-

          Graber. Three of the tapes

          were from interviews in

          June 1971.

          There are additional

          articles from "The Mystic

          World by Sri Paul Twitchell"

          (from Jan-Feb-March 1969

          until his translation, death).

          Plus, "Some Chela Letters

          to Paulji."

          Additionally, Anya Foos-Garber

          made available the tapes of

          the last meeting Paul held

          with several devoted Initiates

          just hours before his translation.

          "The Last Words Of Sri Paul

          Twitchell In Cincinnati" comprise

          excerpts of these tape transcripts.

          It's an interesting book

          because Darwin Gross

          and company reported

          it as it was without doing

          the edits that Klemp is

          known for. One can catch

          Twitchell in a number of

          lies and in the interviews

          he lets his guard down

          and is honest, at times,

          and this gives us some

          insight into his deceptiveness

          and narcissism.

          Paul's account of his WWII

          service where he brags

          about how he created

          chaos in order to get

          out of duty during wartime

          was a real eye opener

          and showed the extent

          of Twitchell's megalomania.

          On page 48 we read about

          Twitchell's first meeting with

          970th LEM Sudar Singh (in

          Paris) at the age of "about 16"

          and of, supposedly, his first

          trip to India. This would make

          the date 1924 since even

          Klemp has confirmed that

          Twitchell was born in 1908.

          It should be noted that even

          Klemp, on Eckankar's Internet

          site, pointed out that Twitchell

          was lying about having traveled

          anywhere far from home in 1935

          at age 27 when he was trying

          to get into "Who's Who in Kentucky."

          Thus, Twitchell being handed

          off to Rebazar for further training

          on two additional trips to India

          are lies as well. The trips to India

          and the Rebazar character are lies.

          Therefore, the Initiations and the

          Mastership which was handed to

          Gross and to Klemp (by the fictitious

          Rebazar) were/are lies too!

          The lies of this trip with his

          sister begin on page 38. Even

          ECKist Doug Marman has

          said that Twitchell deceived

          people about this trip since

          Paul's sister Katie (Kay-Dee)

          was studying art in Paris, KY.

          versus Paris, France.

          Therefore, how could they

          have met Sudar (a.k.a. Kirpal)

          Singh and followed him

          to India for 10 months?

          It's another lie and proves

          that Eckankar is built upon

          foundation of lies originating

          with Twitchell.

          Anyway, lots of luck on

          finding this book. Eckankar

          under Klemp bought up

          and destroyed all available

          copies. I still have mine

          however!

          Prometheus

          ---In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, <eckankarsurvivorsanonymous@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          are there any teachings ofpaul twitchell that are worth readingat all? I know harolds is fabricated.

        • noneckchains

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013

              I did have some info sent to me

              and was offered it in PDF format.