Fw: Eckankar Revisited

  • Gnothe Seauton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: x x <standingstones1@...>
      To: prometheus_973@...
      Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:36 PM
      Subject: Eckankar Revisited

      I had been an Eckankar member between 1999 to 2002. After that period I found it wasn't working for me and that there were some things I didn't agree with, so I dropped out. Last year I ran into an Eckankar member I knew and hadn't seen in years. He told me there was a book discussion taking place and would I care to drop in. I thought what the hell, it would give me an idea where things stood. Well nothing much has progressed in Eckankar in all this time. However, there is some complaining on how Harold Klemp is running the store.

      There is a lot more emphasis on money and keeping the coffers filled. There is no money for a state Eck temple and they have been trying to build this since the time I was a member. The problem is that it would be built on one side of the state. Those giving funds who lived elsewhere would never benefit from supporting this effort.

      There is lots more complaining about initiations. More to the point, lack of new initiations. One woman has been sitting at the 4th initiation for nearly 8 years.  My take is that Eckankar is milking these people for money. These members have too much invested to drop out before they become higher initiates. This was one of the reasons I left. I was never going to get to that exclusive club, so why bother. There you have it, my take on the state of Eckankar since I left so many years ago.   Dave

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
        Hello Dave and All,
        When I read that an ECKist
        was complaining about sitting
        at a 4th Initiation for Eight
        whole years I chuckled...
        people haven't gotten use
        to HK's slow-down of initiations
        yet? 10-12 years is standard
        unless you're a high profile
        professional. Fifteen years
        total in EK will get them a 5th.
        Anyway, the joke's on them,
        as P.T. would say.

        I knew of a person who sat
        at his 4th for 25-30 years!
        Finally, a friendly RESA took
        over and he got his 5th. His
        name is Phil Wilson and he
        has a Health Food Warehouse
        in Texas. He's been an ECKist
        for a long time and many EKists
        know him and he has good
        prices on supplements. ECKists
        reading this should ask him
        about how long it took him
        to get his 5th the next time
        they see him at an ECK Seminar...
        maybe he'll share his story.
        He might be at this next 2013
        World Wide.

        And, look at these 7th Initiates
        who have been a 7ths for 25-30
        years! Poor Fran Blackwell.
        What did she do to piss off the
        Klemps?

        Prometheus

[...]

      • Janice Pfeiffer
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2013
          I guess with the down economy, the coffers of the org are starting to suffer so the lem wants more money for his meaningless initiations.  I think the reverse should be done if he wants more money.  Right now he has resentful chelas where as he might have more new ones if it appeared that the established ones were moving.  Well, hopefully, some more of them will wake up from their org induced stupor and realize that freedom is better than eck chains.  I am so glad I am not in that phoney crap anymore.