Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013

      and uninfluential
      and have almost
      died out. Wicca
      is another minor
      nature based religion.

      Prometheus

      "noneckchains" wrote:
      Prometheus,

      Your quote of me is taken out of context and I wasn't speaking of the present
      time, necessarily. I'm a little confused by your response, to be honest.
      Anyway....

      I think I was referring to some Earth Based religion or spirituality, such as
      Native American, in which there is an emphasis on "Mother Earth" and a
      relationship and reverence for Nature as sacred, a desire to live in harmony and
      respect for life. Of course some of this may be stereotypes, and not true in all
      cases. I recall a documentary about Natives, in which women had the final say in
      major decisions. At the same time, there were roles to be played by women and
      men. Another documentary, The Burning Times, shows how there was an attempt to
      destroy any remnant of a strong role for women in spirituality and culture, as
      the patriarchal Churches became extremely entrenched in the further subjugation
      of women. But the film does point to a time in which women, in usually Earth
      Based spirituality, did seem to have a more equal footing.

      I admit that what I have written is kind of sketchy and that I have not provided
      specific sources. I will just say that I personally, tend to identify with a
      more Nature form of spirituality, that does not necessarily have an
      anthropomorphized "God".

      Non ;)

      P.S. here is one source on ancient Celtic society and women.

      http://www.celtlearn.org/pdfs/women.pdf