Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013

      could have different meanings
      and kundalini energy and
      the spine is interesting. I don't
      recall "Rod of Power" being
      defined this way in eckankar
      though.

      Non ;)

      http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology

      > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
      > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
      > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
      > have these.
      >
      > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
      > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
      > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
      > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
      > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
      >
      > Just saying :)
    • noneckchains
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
        Prometheus,

        Your quote of me is taken out of context and I wasn't speaking of the present time, necessarily. I'm a little confused by your response, to be honest. Anyway....

        I think I was referring to some Earth Based religion or spirituality, such as Native American, in which there is an emphasis on "Mother Earth" and a relationship and reverence for Nature as sacred, a desire to live in harmony and respect for life. Of course some of this may be stereotypes, and not true in all cases. I recall a documentary about Natives, in which women had the final say in major decisions. At the same time, there were roles to be played by women and men. Another documentary, The Burning Times, shows how there was an attempt to destroy any remnant of a strong role for women in spirituality and culture, as the patriarchal Churches became extremely entrenched in the further subjugation of women. But the film does point to a time in which women, in usually Earth Based spirituality, did seem to have a more equal footing.

        I admit that what I have written is kind of sketchy and that I have not provided specific sources. I will just say that I personally, tend to identify with a more Nature form of spirituality, that does not necessarily have an anthropomorphized "God".

        Non ;)

        P.S. here is one source on ancient Celtic society and women.

        http://www.celtlearn.org/pdfs/women.pdf

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
          Hello Non,
          Oh, okay. I thought