Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini
      energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power"
      being defined this way in eckankar though.

      I'm not sure there is much description in Eckankar. However, here is
      what Paul Twitchell's dictionary said:

      ROD OF POWER The power of the Word of God which is given to that being
      who has been chosen, by the ECK as it descends and enters into the new
      Master; the power which makes him the actual manifestation of God at
      the rites of the initiation of accepting the Rod of ECK Power; the
      power of the Mahanta consciousness.

      One of my earlier quotes from the Internet read:

      In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
      deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
      serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

      So Eckankar has "The power of the Word of God ... ."

      If one looks at the section entitled Christ the Logos it reads as if
      the "Word" is masculine.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos#Christ_the_Logos

      This is not the case in all religions. In Hinduism the power of
      creation is often associated with a Goddess. Example, Prakriti.

      Prakrti or Prakriti or Prakruti (from Sanskrit language प्रकृति,
      prakṛti) means "nature".[1] It is, according to Hinduism, the basic
      nature of intelligence by which the Universe exists and functions. It
      is described in Bhagavad Gita as the "primal motive force". It is the
      essential constituent of the universe and is at the basis of all the
      activity of the creation.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakriti

      I think she is referring to "Rod" in the patriarchal sense of the male
      organ, known by some as an erect penis...:) I believe it is true that
      in religion generally, males have had the power and have attempted to
      keep women in their place, although sometimes brainwashed women also
      preach the same thing and apparently wish to be subservient to males.
      Earth based religions may be different,in that women have often had an
      equal or even a major role in society.

      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini
      energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power"
      being defined this way in eckankar though.

      Non ;)

      > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
      > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
      > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).
      >
      > http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html
      >
      > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
      > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests
      at
      > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
      > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
      > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term
      kundali
      > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology
      >
      > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic
      for
      > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine
      is a
      > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men
      both
      > have these.
      >
      > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests
      Shakti,
      > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without
      "energy",
      > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
      > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man
      even
      > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
      >
      > Just saying :)

      Seeker

      > women will never be Masters this goes for maost religions. I quess
      > because women don't have a rod powerful or other wise
      > Diana
      "harrisonferrel"
      > harrisonferrel@ wrote:
      > >
      > > EXACTLY!!
      > >
      > > This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of
      > Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the
      Mahanta.
      > More bullshit from the minds of humans.
      > >
      > > And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany
      Hughes on

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
        Hello Non and All,
        I really don't see that
        "women have often
        had an equal or even
        a major role in society."
        Major role yes, equal
        role no. Women are
        unequals in government,
        business, and religion.
        50% of the population
        are women but they aren't
        represented, proportionately,
        in high office. It's a private
        boy's club. Just look at
        the Master's Golf Tournament
        as well as the Augusta
        Country Club memberships.
        And, let's not forget that
        Black men had the right
        to vote before all women.

        Prometheus
        p.s. What does "Earth based
        religions may be different"
        mean?
        All religions are manmade
        and their God was created in
        man's own physical and/or
        mental image.
        If there were more advanced
        civilizations out there in the
        universes, which there probably
        are, I would doubt very much
        that they believe in religion.

        etznab@... wrote:

        > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
        > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
        > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

        http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html

        > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
        > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests at
        > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
        > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
        > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundali
        > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology

        > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
        > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
        > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
        > have these.
        >
        > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
        > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
        > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
        > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
        > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
        >
        > Just saying :)
      • noneckchains
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
          Prometheus,

          Your quote of me is taken out of context and I wasn't speaking of the present time, necessarily. I'm a little confused by your response, to be honest. Anyway....

          I think I was referring to some Earth Based religion or spirituality, such as Native American, in which there is an emphasis on "Mother Earth" and a relationship and reverence for Nature as sacred, a desire to live in harmony and respect for life. Of course some of this may be stereotypes, and not true in all cases. I recall a documentary about Natives, in which women had the final say in major decisions. At the same time, there were roles to be played by women and men. Another documentary, The Burning Times, shows how there was an attempt to destroy any remnant of a strong role for women in spirituality and culture, as the patriarchal Churches became extremely entrenched in the further subjugation of women. But the film does point to a time in which women, in usually Earth Based spirituality, did seem to have a more equal footing.

          I admit that what I have written is kind of sketchy and that I have not provided specific sources. I will just say that I personally, tend to identify with a more Nature form of spirituality, that does not necessarily have an anthropomorphized "God".

          Non ;)

          P.S. here is one source on ancient Celtic society and women.

          http://www.celtlearn.org/pdfs/women.pdf

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
            Hello Non,
            Oh, okay. I thought