Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 9, 2013

      > day.
      >
      > Thought you might be interested
      > in what he says about the book.
      > http://amzn.to/ZnZ6jX
      >
      > Stefan

    • harrisonferrel
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 9, 2013
        EXACTLY!!

        This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the Mahanta. More bullshit from the minds of humans.

        And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany Hughes on the BBC. She has a great special on Atlantis. Not a great mystery really.

        However, if you are always looking for the mysterious then you'll be a deer in the headlights every time someone says something fantastic that's beyond your knowledge base. eckists are way too gullible and NEVER check facts when Harold vomits out his litany of lies.

        > Hello All,
> [...]
      • etznab18
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
          http://tinyurl.com/ccwha6m

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "harrisonferrel" <harrisonferrel@...> wrote:

          > EXACTLY!!
          >
          > This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the Mahanta. More bullshit from the minds of humans.
          >
          > And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany Hughes on the BBC. She has a great special on Atlantis. Not a great mystery really.
          >
          > However, if you are always looking for the mysterious then you'll be a deer in the headlights every time someone says something fantastic that's beyond your knowledge base. eckists are way too gullible and NEVER check facts when Harold vomits out his litany of lies.

> [...]
        • etznab18
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
            I am curious about the year that Stephan started to write his book. It seems that he did interview a number of Eckists in the past and those interviews remain linked to "The Spiritual Traveller" site.

            http://www.spiritualtraveler.com/spiritual_traveler/interviews.asp

            So I was just curious. If he is not an active Eckankar member, what year did that happen?

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "etznab18" <etznab@...> wrote:

            > http://tinyurl.com/ccwha6m
            >
            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "harrisonferrel" <harrisonferrel@> wrote:
            > >
            > > EXACTLY!!
            > >
            > > This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the Mahanta. More bullshit from the minds of humans.
            > >
            > > And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany Hughes on the BBC. She has a great special on Atlantis. Not a great mystery really.
            > >
            > > However, if you are always looking for the mysterious then you'll be a deer in the headlights every time someone says something fantastic that's beyond your knowledge base. eckists are way too gullible and NEVER check facts when Harold vomits out his litany of lies.

> [...]
          • etznab18
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
              The Spiritual Resources link includes Eckankar and Doug Marman's site Spiritual Dialogues Project. So I am still not for certain what this person's current affiliation with "The League" is now.

              Granted, the Web pages are from 2012.

            • Diana Stanley
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
                women will never be Masters this goes for maost religions. I quess because women don't have a rod powerful or other wise
                Diana

              • etznab18
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
                  In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
                  deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
                  serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

                  http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html

                  According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
                  kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests at
                  the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
                  serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
                  example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundali
                  ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology

                  I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
                  the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
                  "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
                  have these.

                  What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
                  IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
                  or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
                  "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
                  be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?

                  Just saying :)

                  <harrisonferrel@...> wrote:

                  > EXACTLY!!
                  >
                  > This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of
                  Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the Mahanta.
                  More bullshit from the minds of humans.

                  > And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany Hughes on
                  the BBC. She has a great special on Atlantis. Not a great mystery
                  really.

                  > However, if you are always looking for the mysterious then you'll
                  be a deer in the headlights every time someone says something fantastic
                  that's beyond your knowledge base. eckists are way too gullible and
                  NEVER check facts when Harold vomits out his litany of lies.

> [...]
                • noneckchains
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 13, 2013
                    I think she is referring to "Rod" in the patriarchal sense of the male organ, known by some as an erect penis...:) I believe it is true that in religion generally, males have had the power and have attempted to keep women in their place, although sometimes brainwashed women also preach the same thing and apparently wish to be subservient to males. Earth based religions may be different,in that women have often had an equal or even a major role in society.

                    "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power" being defined this way in eckankar though.

                    Non ;)

                    > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
                    > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
                    > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).
                    >
                    > http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html
                    >
                    > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
                    > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests at
                    > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
                    > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
                    > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundali
                    > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]
                    >
                    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology
                    >
                    > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
                    > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
                    > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
                    > have these.
                    >
                    > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
                    > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
                    > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
                    > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
                    > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
                    >
                    > Just saying :)

                  • etznab18
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini
                      energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power"
                      being defined this way in eckankar though.

                      I'm not sure there is much description in Eckankar. However, here is
                      what Paul Twitchell's dictionary said:

                      ROD OF POWER The power of the Word of God which is given to that being
                      who has been chosen, by the ECK as it descends and enters into the new
                      Master; the power which makes him the actual manifestation of God at
                      the rites of the initiation of accepting the Rod of ECK Power; the
                      power of the Mahanta consciousness.

                      One of my earlier quotes from the Internet read:

                      In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
                      deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
                      serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

                      So Eckankar has "The power of the Word of God ... ."

                      If one looks at the section entitled Christ the Logos it reads as if
                      the "Word" is masculine.

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos#Christ_the_Logos

                      This is not the case in all religions. In Hinduism the power of
                      creation is often associated with a Goddess. Example, Prakriti.

                      Prakrti or Prakriti or Prakruti (from Sanskrit language प्रकृति,
                      prakṛti) means "nature".[1] It is, according to Hinduism, the basic
                      nature of intelligence by which the Universe exists and functions. It
                      is described in Bhagavad Gita as the "primal motive force". It is the
                      essential constituent of the universe and is at the basis of all the
                      activity of the creation.

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakriti

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                        Hello Non and All,
                        I really don't see that
                        "women have often
                        had an equal or even
                        a major role in society."
                        Major role yes, equal
                        role no. Women are
                        unequals in government,
                        business, and religion.
                        50% of the population
                        are women but they aren't
                        represented, proportionately,
                        in high office. It's a private
                        boy's club. Just look at
                        the Master's Golf Tournament
                        as well as the Augusta
                        Country Club memberships.
                        And, let's not forget that
                        Black men had the right
                        to vote before all women.

                        Prometheus
                        p.s. What does "Earth based
                        religions may be different"
                        mean?
                        All religions are manmade
                        and their God was created in
                        man's own physical and/or
                        mental image.
                        If there were more advanced
                        civilizations out there in the
                        universes, which there probably
                        are, I would doubt very much
                        that they believe in religion.

                        etznab@... wrote:

                        > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
                        > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
                        > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

                        http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html

                        > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
                        > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests at
                        > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
                        > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
                        > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundali
                        > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology

                        > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
                        > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
                        > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
                        > have these.
                        >
                        > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
                        > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
                        > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
                        > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
                        > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
                        >
                        > Just saying :)
                      • noneckchains
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
                          Prometheus,

                          Your quote of me is taken out of context and I wasn't speaking of the present time, necessarily. I'm a little confused by your response, to be honest. Anyway....

                          I think I was referring to some Earth Based religion or spirituality, such as Native American, in which there is an emphasis on "Mother Earth" and a relationship and reverence for Nature as sacred, a desire to live in harmony and respect for life. Of course some of this may be stereotypes, and not true in all cases. I recall a documentary about Natives, in which women had the final say in major decisions. At the same time, there were roles to be played by women and men. Another documentary, The Burning Times, shows how there was an attempt to destroy any remnant of a strong role for women in spirituality and culture, as the patriarchal Churches became extremely entrenched in the further subjugation of women. But the film does point to a time in which women, in usually Earth Based spirituality, did seem to have a more equal footing.

                          I admit that what I have written is kind of sketchy and that I have not provided specific sources. I will just say that I personally, tend to identify with a more Nature form of spirituality, that does not necessarily have an anthropomorphized "God".

                          Non ;)

                          P.S. here is one source on ancient Celtic society and women.

                          http://www.celtlearn.org/pdfs/women.pdf

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 15, 2013
                            Hello Non,
                            Oh, okay. I thought