Hurricanes Wrath of God or the Klumpster ? ;-)

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hi Liz,

        It's interesting that the most ignorant and/or fundamental
        Christian, Jew, Moslem, or whatever do think that Hurricane Katrina
        was pay back for the decadent life style in New Orleans or
        retribution for the U.S. government's political policies in the
        world. However, the fallacy of this is that the most decadent area
        of the city, The French Quarter, was not damaged or flooded!

        And, as far as the weather getting better, or not, in the area
        surrounding the Temple of ECK? My guess is that if there was a
        change and Summers have become hotter than Hell and that Winters
        have been colder than Hell that Eckists will put a positive spin on
        it either way! But, maybe it's all world karma and nothing so
        specific to any one country!

        On another note: Do you think that Harji will be doing any Trick-or-
        Treating this Halloween? He could always go as, The Master of the
        Universe! LOL!

        Prometheus

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
        wrote:
        > Interesting News Report
        >
        > _http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?
        id=20051002115209990008&ncid=NWS0
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          Hi, Liz!

          Thanks for the link. I had heard some of the comments people made
          contributing the hurricane devastation on God's wrath--this is a
          common rationalization that some zealots/ignorant people continue to
          do whenever something bad happens in the world or to individual
          people. It falls in line with the indoctrination of fear and guilt
          that some people swallow for various reasons. It's called cleansing
          and retribution. It is okay to believe this I guess until something
          happens to you! Or if it happens to "nice" people! Well, maybe, you
          might think they weren't so nice after all???? LOL!

          I have never believed in a punishing God, and that is why it is so
          easy for me to see that HK is so lacking in God consciousness or
          even just the qualities of a good person. What he does and says
          about chelas who leave the path of eck speaks volumes about his
          lowly state of consciousness! He can't forgive and he can't forget
          if you cross him the wrong way!!

          On another note! I enjoy Halloween too and have been busy with a few
          fun decorations. However, now when I look at my little jack-o-
          lantern illuminaries, I can't help but envision a bunch of
          delusional eckists with shiny/eerie smiley pumpkin faces! Darn! : )
          Really weird visualization now!

          So, I understand better why the Worldwide is held in late October--
          it's actually a Halloween Party! I guess Harold will be staring out
          into a sea of jack-o-lantern faces dimly lit with tea candles
          lighting up their goofy smiles! LOL!

          Mish