Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] The Mystic World of Eckankar 12/2012

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2013
      You sure hit the nail on the head for me today.  From the day I joined the org, the thought that kept going through my head each time I would have some weird experience with another eckist, was "where is the love".  I kept telling myself that it must be there and I was not able to see it because I was so new to eck ways.

      I fully agree with you.  The only love in that org is the love generated by the loving individuals within and it has nothing to do with the org.  They were just loving people by nature while most of the others were childish, back biting, gossipy, anger filled, mixed up people.
      Maybe the org has a way of accentuating what is already in a person be it good or bad and the individual thinks it is the eck at work.

      Even when seeing hk speaking by video, I did not sense any real love and there was a time when I considered his love for chelas must be the tough love kind and I also considered that maybe I saw that because it might be the tough love kind I myself needed.

      Once when I asked a female HI about why there seemed to be so little love in the center, I was accused of being judgmental.  I firmly denied that by telling her that I had not named any names.  It was simply my perception that this was so and it was difficult for me to understand because these were supposed to be really spiritual people.  I freely admitted that the difference between what I read and what I saw in the org was a real problem for me.  She had no reply at all.  Funny thing though, I heard the words "and these are supposed to be really spiritual people"  used to describe the acts of people in other faiths and I wondered if my words had been repeated in some function for HIs because I heard it again and again.

      When I left the org, I had about decided that HI's used eckankar to excuse all there short comings and used the same things to judge those under them.  I saw them as being very small minded in general and most of them relished the little power they felt they were granted by their position.

      Several years went by and I saw less and less of real signs of love in that org and when the truth was inadvertently revealed to me about how the initiations came about, it was time to go.  It was a real relief to see that my experiences had nothing to do with me personally.  The only thing to learn from it was that I had bought into a fake and I needed to accept it and move on.

      I believe my stay in the org would have been greatly shortened had I been able to see sooner what silly minded, arrogant, frustrated little people they were.  I was blinded by the teachings.  I kept hoping to see something genuine, something spiritual, something significantly special.  On the inner I felt I had something.  On the outer, the org appeared a mess.

      Attending a world wide conference gave me no different impressions.  They were just people who appeared to have less going on for them than the general population really.  They died from serious ailments.  They suffered serious misfortunes.  They suffered in confusion like most lost souls do.  Their beloved org added nothing to their lives other than additional burdens to do the will of the org and the lem.  There was no sign of anything great or spectacular going on.

      My experiences taught me one thing that lasted.  That was to never put aside what was true for me in favor of what was believed by others no matter how many or how convincing they might be.  I trust myself first as long as I understand my own motivations.  There has to be elements of self deception while being deceived by others.  At least you give up objectivity because you desire  what you are hearing to be true.

      It must be a bitter pill to swallow indeed to spend 20 to 30 or more years in an org before finding the need to get out.  All of you here are such extraordinary people to me, that I must think that time for leaving most come for the best ones and surely, the org must really feel the loss of so many wonderful, loving, enlightened individuals.  I am grateful for the opportunity to read your words and know your experiences.  Being in the org was worth it if for no other reason than to see the beauty that has come from surviving it.  Thank you all.