Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] From: [eckankartruth] Re: don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2013
      Thank you Prometheus for what you just gave.  I always enjoy your writings.

       We differ only on one thing.  I choose to believe in God even though as you say there is no proof of his existence.  For me it is just something I sense which to me is a gentle cohesion between matter and energy that points to a guiding intelligence. At times it doesn't make logical sense to a human mind but eventually shows a pattern that is arranged and not random.
      I do admit that my belief in God has a selfish angle.  Without a higher purpose or a higher guiding force, life wouldn't have meaning for me really.  I simply have to believe that there is a reason I am here other than what I experience in day to day life.  For me there would be no meaning in our existence as  separate beings, made of physical matter yet we are connected by some intangible something that some call love.
      Like others, I have asked myself at times what God would be.  I freely admit that I draw a blank  when pondering this.  Maybe All he is, is that thing called love that connects us.  Maybe he has no discernible presence at all.  Maybe he isn't an all knowing power but is merely the mass consciousness of all souls.
      For me, it doesn't matter, other than he must be more reasonable and more selfless than  "we", or 'we' would have already destroyed each other, because man is selfish and self serving more than man is loving and giving.  So if God were nothing else, he would have to be the balance between our conflicting natures.  Finally, I believe nothing as amazing as our physical world and our physical bodies could exist other than by intelligent design.

      Recently, there was an article about the certainty of the existence of the Higgs Bison particle which some refer to as the God particle.  Yet still this is only the beginning in the search to determine how it all works.  It seems man is just now getting a glimpse into the invisible wonders of all that is.

      Even so, nothing shows me that God doesn't exist so that the absence of proof that he isn't is even a valid reason to believe that he IS.  Intelligent design is woven through all there is, there must be an author to the script of life.

      Thanks again for your thought provoking work.