From: [eckankartruth] Re: don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013

      From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
      To: eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:25 PM
      Subject: [eckankartruth] Re: don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

      believed. For some reason membership
      in a private (religious) club feeds
      the ego and this gives a false sense
      of security... but security none the
      less. The mind is a powerful tool
      but can become a poor master.

      Prometheus

      execkist wrote:
      I left Eckankar 10 years ago. I realized what it was (a cult) and nothing bad
      happened to me when I left. No, the "mahanta" did not "hand me back" all the
      terrible Karma he supposedly took from me to "help me". In fact, I landed a
      wonderful high paying job, built a beautiful new house on 5 wooded acres
      overlooking a beautiful brook, fell in love, got married, got a whole new bunch
      of friends, my daughter became a naturopathic doctor and I have a beautiful 2
      year old grandson living nearby, my son opened his own graphic design agency
      earning over 2 million in revenue.....um, am I missing anything? oh, yeah, I'm
      living happily ever after. I am fifty five years old. I have lived a wonderful
      life. If anything "bad" happens to me at this point, I will laugh about it all
      with God when I see "him/her" (eventually). But honestly, don't be afraid to
      leave Eckankar. You know you are in a cult when you are afraid what will happen
      to you if you leave. I can only tell you, God still loves me, and takes care of
      me, and I am happy. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. There are as many
      paths to God, as there are people. The only true path to God, is your own,
      whatever that is.

    • Janice Pfeiffer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2013
        Thank you Prometheus for what you just gave.  I always enjoy your writings.

         We differ only on one thing.  I choose to believe in God even though as you say there is no proof of his existence.  For me it is just something I sense which to me is a gentle cohesion between matter and energy that points to a guiding intelligence. At times it doesn't make logical sense to a human mind but eventually shows a pattern that is arranged and not random.
        I do admit that my belief in God has a selfish angle.  Without a higher purpose or a higher guiding force, life wouldn't have meaning for me really.  I simply have to believe that there is a reason I am here other than what I experience in day to day life.  For me there would be no meaning in our existence as  separate beings, made of physical matter yet we are connected by some intangible something that some call love.
        Like others, I have asked myself at times what God would be.  I freely admit that I draw a blank  when pondering this.  Maybe All he is, is that thing called love that connects us.  Maybe he has no discernible presence at all.  Maybe he isn't an all knowing power but is merely the mass consciousness of all souls.
        For me, it doesn't matter, other than he must be more reasonable and more selfless than  "we", or 'we' would have already destroyed each other, because man is selfish and self serving more than man is loving and giving.  So if God were nothing else, he would have to be the balance between our conflicting natures.  Finally, I believe nothing as amazing as our physical world and our physical bodies could exist other than by intelligent design.

        Recently, there was an article about the certainty of the existence of the Higgs Bison particle which some refer to as the God particle.  Yet still this is only the beginning in the search to determine how it all works.  It seems man is just now getting a glimpse into the invisible wonders of all that is.

        Even so, nothing shows me that God doesn't exist so that the absence of proof that he isn't is even a valid reason to believe that he IS.  Intelligent design is woven through all there is, there must be an author to the script of life.

        Thanks again for your thought provoking work.