Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Pseudo Events - Trivia (revised)

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
      There is a word "Hu" in Sanskrit, I believe, and it was somehow
      associated with rituals. I think during the time of the Vedas. One can
      find it mentioned in connection with rituals like the fire sacrifice,
      or ritual offerings. I'm not completely satisfied with the modern
      definitions because they don't go far enough to explain what exactly
      the word means, what part of the rituals and sacrifices it pertained
      to. At one time I thought I had a handle on the probable meaning, but I
      don't remember if I was ever completely satisfied I knew for sure. Here
      are some examples:

      hu - "call, invoke, invite, summon; offer, sacrifice (Sanskrit).
      Associated spellings:words: huta ['offerings; usually made to a
      fire']."

      Compare that with the Egyptian definition of "Hu" as "authoritative
      utterance" and it looks (to me) like the word "Hu" might pertain simply
      to making a sound. Considering the "sound" of "hu" it is a very common
      one that people were probably uttering since prehistoric times. How it
      ever became associated with things spiritual, or God, I am not prepared
      to say.

      Far as Hebrew goes, one probably needs to consider if Egyptian is
      older. If the Hebrews borrowed the word, or changed the meaning. For
      instance, pronunciation for the Hebrew Tetragrammaton - "YHVH" was
      declared to be secret, unknown, or the correct pronunciation known only
      to the high priest of the temple and that it was eventually forgotten
      to history. This is why other words and names are used in it's place.
      Such as Ha Shem, meaning "the name".

      I did a whole page on available history for Hu (and related words)
      once, but I can't say that I really subscribe to ANY of them as being
      100 percent accurate. Nevertheless, if anybody wants a reference page
      showing what people have said, go here.

      http://www.mirrorh.com/iaoyhvhhu.html

      ***

      Btw, I have seen a number of words from Sanskrit and Hebrew that are
      similar in sound and meaning. Hard to say who borrowed from who though.
      However, one thing to keep in mind is the Babylonian captivity of
      certain Hebrew tribes. Babylon was closer to Persia and Persia closer
      to India. What I am saying is that there were relations and influences
      back and forth between Persia and India. Consider Avestan and Sanskrit.
      So when the Israelites were captive in Babylon and later freed by (Was
      it Darius?) it is quite possible they picked up words, history and
      traditions from those areas. Not only possible, but probable.

      Hu seems to be similar to the Greek Eu, etc., with the basic meaning of
      "good". sanskrit also has a prefix Su- with the basic meaning of
      "good". In Avestan I believe there was Vohu Manu; with Vohu meaning
      "good".

      OK. So consider this. When people today make a big to do about
      something, when they cheer, etc., a very common expression is Whoo!
      Hooo! (Say it isn't so.) And to tell you the truth I think this sound,
      that of "huuuu" could have probably been used in a similar way so many
      years ago. And in that case it is just a sound, or a reaction, a form
      of expression used by people who get excited - like during rituals in
      the olden days!

      It's just a guess. A hunch.

      eu-

      word-forming element in modern use meaning "good, well," from comb.
      form of Greek eus "good," eu "well" (adv.), also "luckily, happily,"
      from PIE *(e)su- "good" (cf. Sanskrit su- "good," Avestan hu- "good").

      http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=eu-&searchmode=none

      ***

      Sorry for the length ... the history of words is one of my main
      interests.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2013
        Thanks, very impressive analysis. I did find that hu in Hebrew and Arabic means "he", referring to a male. And then there is Allah hu Akbar, God is Great and also a he.

        Hoo is an interesting sound and as you say, it is a very common sound or utterance. If voicing a certain sound is so powerful, I think it would be common knowledge and heavily studied by scientists. It could also be simply the sound of a dove, which I have found to be quite a lovely sound and is more like "whoooo".

        The way eckists pronounce hu (hue) sounds kind of like a Southern version, and since Twitch was from the South, it may have just been his Southern accent and eckists are just clueless that they are pronouncing it wrong.

        Non ; )