Re: The Wishy-Washy Mahanta

  • Non
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 13, 2013
      Good points. I think what I had in the back of my mind was that there would
      probably be less of a pull toward Cults if people were kinder to themselves and to each
      other. Unfortunately, ours is a very competitive society and the small talk
      doesn't get appreciated or is even ignored, but it is certainly worth the continued effort.

      Since I am not in the South, I did notice that quite often, when I was visiting
      a friend a several years a go, driving from Atlanta, Georgia to Sarasota,
      Florida, that people were much more willing to start a conversation, clerks,
      strangers, women smiling and so on. I was told that is "Southern Hospitality".
      (At the same time I was shocked to see a giant Confederate flag flying on the
      highway.) Where I live, that friendly attitude is not so common. But I will take
      your advise to heart and see if it makes a difference.

      Non ;)

      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 18, 2013
        Really! This is a valid spiritual
        technique that, unlike those