Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: The Wishy-Washy Mahanta

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hi I am,
      It is not that I feel tolerant of the sociopath but it seems inevitable that we deal with them.  I do believe they are those who haven't learned much yet.  So I feel like the best we can do is keep them from harming us as much as possible and let them go on their way.  Thanks for your comments.

      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 10, 2013
        Also, IMHO, it has to do with our woeful ability to care for our children, to teach them kindness through example and compassion. Alice Miller has written a lot about some of the worst in our history, like Hitler and Stalin and some possible reasons for why they became the psychopathic leaders of what was inexhaustible destruction. Some sociopaths, given the power and opportunity to act without impunity will not stop and won't be reformed. Then again some may. In the mean time, the best approach is to continue to speak out against them, otherwise they will see their actions as unopposed and rationalized somehow as even a twisted moral imperative.

        Though they may be damaged or even genetically bent in a certain malevolent direction and they have not found in themselves a heart with empathy, at some point they simply must be opposed at every possible way, even though it may seem like a small intervention.

        Anyway, that's my one point of view for now. Recently, I've had several situations that have really cautioned me about how some will intentionally con and steal and lie in a very deliberate mix of what seems to be sincerity and outright manipulation for their own personal gain. I have felt hurt and shocked at the same time. I am learning that it is really a good idea to be vigilant, and it is a balancing act of how to do this while still not closing off your own heart and sense of kindness, which I think starts with yourself.

        Non ;)

      • etznab18
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 10, 2013
          "However, HK has somewhat contradicted what is in CH. 3 of the Shariyat. It states that "the spiritual workers created man and placed
          within him a living imperishable Spirit, called Soul."

          ***

          Then the spiritual workers created man and placed within him a living imperishable Spirit, called Soul; and man became like the living gods of the spirit worlds with intellectual powers, physical strength, and Soul. ... ." - S.K.S., Book One, p. 44

          Compare with:

          "The Seventh Command: And when this was done, the Seventh Intellect said: 'Let us make man after our own fashion and let us endow him with powers to rule this earth.' Then the Seven-Headed Intellect, The Creator of All Things throughout the Universe, created man and placed within his body a living, imperishable spirit, and man became like the Creator in intellectual power."

          http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/ssm/ssm07.htm

          and (this is the older version)

          "Then Narayana, the Seven-headed Intellect, the Creator of all things throughout the universe, created man, and placed within his body a living, imperishable spirit, and man became like Narayana in intellectual power. Then was creation complete."

          http://campbellmgold.com/archive_esoteric/lost_continent_mu_churchward_1931.pdf

          Judging by the number of other similarities between writings of Twitchell and Churchward (concerning creation and Lemuria, etc.) I wonder if that quote by Twitchell was not entirely original. In fact, I believe Churchward's first book (Lost Continent of Mu) was part of the recommended reading list mentioned in LTG.

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973" wrote:

> [...]
          > individual. BUT they do not have
          > a magical key to the spiritual self.
          > The Mahanta, the LEM holds that."
          >
          > Funny that Klemp states that he
          > holds "a magical key" to control
          > others like a Black Magician would.
          >
          > "The Mahanta alone can help people
          > out of the mire of illusions. BUT they
          > must have the right kind and amount
          > of daily experiences."
          >
          > I'm taking it that EKists must be Vahanas
          > and FREE WILL volunteers on Klemp's
          > Mahanta Sales Team in order to have
          > the "right kind and amount of daily
          > experiences."
          >
          > Yes, Klemp like most religionists
          > doesn't like science and psychologists
          > since getting locked up in an asylum
          > and having to "play-the-game" to
          > be released early.
          >
          > HK states that "Real free will rests
          > entirely on trusting the Master's
          > prompts [signs?] as to which of
          > many choices to make in all things
          > human and divine."
          >
          > In other words do as I say not
          > as I do and there is no such
          > thing as Free Will for ECKists.
          > Does that kind sound like Cult
          > think? Klemp is getting nuttier
          > and scarier! HK goes on to say
          > that "He gives suggestions" and
          > "seldom does he issue directives...
          > True Free Will of an individual
          > stands upon the Mahanta's
          > guidance."
          >
          > Klemp, now, looks into the mirror
          > as he speaks from experience:
          > "Master Magicians turn subjects'
          > ingrained ideas about patterns
          > against them. A subject thinks
          > he has the quick mind and eyes
          > to catch a Magician in an act,
          > even while he is being unburdened
          > of watch, glasses, wallet, and keys.
          > That is the ever so sly kind of ruse
          > played upon people by illusion."
          >
          > "Again, keep in-touch with the
          > Mahanta [me]. Do your spiritual
          > exercises," but write those snail-
          > mail IROs so I'll know what you're
          > thinking and so I can use those
          > stories for my next book.
          >

          > iam999freedom wrote:
          > Hi Prometheus,
          >
          > On Dec 24 Etznab wrote, "Now, on the other hand, when Harold Klemp wrote about
          > "free will" and genes in the December 2012 Wisdom Note I had to say to myself:
          > "It looks to me like Harold has lost it!"
          >
          > Btw, I read that Wisdom Note just before bed. In the morning when I
          > turned on the TV there was a news blurb about conjoined twins that had
          > been successfully separated. Then they went on to describe the twins
          > and how they were NOT the same and that (in so many words) one had a
          > different character than the other."
          >
          > I asked Etznab if he could send a summary to ESA of the article in the Wisdom
          > Note so I could try and tie in HK's quote with what Etznab saw the next morning
          > on TV about conjoined twins. (above)
          >
          > I still have yet to receive a response.
          >
          > I was wondering if you could share what could have been in the Dec. Mystic Note
          > that relates to the quote above about the conjoined twins.

        • etznab18
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 10, 2013
            Of course their are genetic similarities between twins. However, there was mention - according to a study - that genes, not upbringing had influence on a number of things. Another study suggested that "even one's political leanings are largely shaped by genes (not by 'free will,' or choice.)"

            OK? Got the picture now? Combine that with the first paragraph of Harold's article and with the other paragraphs that mentioned free will, illusion and influence of genes.

            My impression from the article was that genes were considered to have great influence upon people's behaviors, even moreso than upbringing, or life's experiences.

            Now, I've seen studies where twins grow up in different environments where one gets cancer and the other doesn't. Also, I think there is a lot of "dark space" about the physiology of genes (just like there is a lot of "dark space" in the universe ... the majority, some think.) Genes, IMO, don't matter so much as whether the genes are "turned on" or not. There are lots and lots of genes (or DNA) that remain inactive I think, what they call junk DNA, and my guess is that life experiences and upbringing DO have an effect on shaping individual character. Even with identical twins.

            The idea that genes have such a great influence on behavior is just relative to any number of other things, IMO.

            I had to wonder, was Harold speaking about Eugenics? or something similar?

            Consider the following:

            Doubts on genetic mutation triggered by inheritance

            "The first major challenge to conventional eugenics based upon genetic inheritance was made in 1915 by Thomas Hunt Morgan, who demonstrated the event of genetic mutation occurring outside of inheritance involving the discovery of the hatching of a fruit fly with white eyes from a family and ancestry of the red-eyed Drosophila melanogaster species of fruit fly.[36] Morgan claimed that this demonstrated that major genetic changes occurred outside of inheritance and that the concept of eugenics based upon genetic inheritance was, to some extent, not completely scientifically accurate.[36]

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics#Doubts_on_genetic_mutation_triggered_by_inheritance

            "A gene is a molecular unit of heredity of a living organism. It is a name given to some stretches of DNA and RNA that code for a polypeptide or for an RNA chain that has a function in the organism. [... .]"

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genes#Changing_concept

          • Non
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 12, 2013
              Prometheus, I like what you said in a previous post on this thread that we need to focus more on caring relationships with others, sometimes easier said than done, cause a lot of people in our society are not that interested in making new friends. Finding people who aren't interested in some new or old Dogma has it's challenges as well. However, I have noticed that the demographic of unaffiliated as far as religion may be growing. :)

              Non ;)

              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 13, 2013
                Hello Non and All,
                Actually, having good
                interactive relationships
                with other people isn't
                necessarily about making
                new friends nor having
                the same religious, political,
                and lifestyle beliefs.
                Trying to get others
                to follow or accept our
                beliefs isn't the goal.

                It's more about being
                "friendly" to/with/for
                others and, thus, to
                ourselves. Usually, being
                friendly and promoting
                "friendship" (versus making
                friends) isn't that hard
                to accomplish. And, if
                it is, we need to make
                more of an effort and
                figure out what it is that's
                making this difficult.

                Smiles, politeness, sharing
                some small talk, and recognizing
                the other person by looking
                directly at them goes a
                long way.

                We can have a friendship
                (i.e. relationship) with a
                clerk whose full name we
                might not ever know. It's
                fun to simply, and naturally,
                smile and be friendly to
                strangers and acquaintances
                without expecting anything
                else. It takes the pressure
                off everyone when we keep
                it light. This lightness of
                Being will help to improve
                our lives and that of others.

                It's true that we will never
                be able to be friendly with
                some people. And, we won't
                always be friends with those
                people we know now. Some
                people don't deserve our
                efforts and will never deserve
                it. They are enemies to what
                we believe in.

                And, not all relationships
                work out nor need to be
                continued for the sake of
                all those involved. Sometimes
                people just have to let go
                and move on even with
                family members. But, these
                are usually relationships
                that have become complicated
                via various factors and are
                usually more one-sided
                due to a lack of communication,
                closed mindedness and
                hurt feelings.

                Our positive relationships
                with nature, to animals,
                and to other people are
                connections that make our
                lives worth living.

                Prometheus

                prometheus wrote:
                > > > Hello I Am, Non, and All,
> [...]
              • Non
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 13, 2013
                  Good points. I think what I had in the back of my mind was that there would
                  probably be less of a pull toward Cults if people were kinder to themselves and to each
                  other. Unfortunately, ours is a very competitive society and the small talk
                  doesn't get appreciated or is even ignored, but it is certainly worth the continued effort.

                  Since I am not in the South, I did notice that quite often, when I was visiting
                  a friend a several years a go, driving from Atlanta, Georgia to Sarasota,
                  Florida, that people were much more willing to start a conversation, clerks,
                  strangers, women smiling and so on. I was told that is "Southern Hospitality".
                  (At the same time I was shocked to see a giant Confederate flag flying on the
                  highway.) Where I live, that friendly attitude is not so common. But I will take
                  your advise to heart and see if it makes a difference.

                  Non ;)

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 18, 2013
                    Really! This is a valid spiritual
                    technique that, unlike those