Re: Attachment vs. Detachment

  • truthdecider
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2 10:39 AM
      Hey Jamie,

      I sent you some info on Graham. Due to the nature of the info, I
      sent it to you privately at your yahoo email address that's listed for
      you on here on the ESA board. Did you receive the info?

      Truthdecider

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "jjamie1977"

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6 11:48 PM
        Hi All,

        Twitchell created Eckankar based on the teachings of other religions
        that Eckankar views as 4th (Mental) Plane religions.

        I was talking to an Eckist friend a few months ago and she told me
        that she didn't have a problem with Twitchell's plagiarisms and with
        him borrowing things from other religions. She said that we all
        borrow and use things from various sources and Twitchell was no
        different. Interesting way to create a religion, but what made a
        hodge-podge of these sources into the "highest teaching" in all of
        the universes of SUGMAD? LOL!

        I started thinking about this recently and thought about how
        Eckankar views Jesus and his "Father" (God). Jesus was supposedly
        the incarnation of God who resides on either the *2nd Astral or 4th
        Mental Plane. Whereas... Twitchell, Gross, and Klemp claimed to be
        the Mahanta incarnations of SUGMAD and 14th Plane or higher!
        However, why are so many of the Eck teachings based on 4th Plane
        religions when Klemp claims to be so much "higher" in consciousness?
        [*Eckankar views some religions that it judges emotional (Astral) as
        being 2nd Plane religions.]

        The Five Passions of the Mind and Five Virtures are altered for the
        western spiritual seeker and "borrowed" by Twitchell for use as part
        of the Eckankar teachings. This is just one example, of duplication,
        that Twitchell used to create Eckankar. The spin that is put on this
        is that these other religions got this from the Eck or from
        Eckankar. But, this is just more of the flip-flop spin and deception
        that Twitchell began to use and that Klemp has continued.

        This example shows just one of the Fourth Plane connections that
        Eckankar has with Radasoami and Sant Mat.

        "The Path of the Masters" by Julian P. Johnson
        Page 362 Passions and their Remedies (Virtures):

        KAM (LUST)...*[Shil]...Chastity, continence

        KRODH (ANGER)...[Kshama]...Forgiveness, tolerance

        LOBH (GREED)...[Santosha]...Contentment

        MOH (ATTACHMENT)...*[Viveka]...Discrimination AND
        [Vairag]...Detachment

        AHANKAR (EGO; PRIDE)...[Dinta]...Humility

        Page 73 Eckankar Lexicon
        The Five Passions of the Mind...The Five Virtures:

        KAMA (LUST)...*[VIVEKA]...DISCRIMINATION

        KRODHA (ANGER)...[KSHAMA]...forgiveness, tolerance

        LOBHA (GREED)...[SANTOSHA]...contentment

        MOHA (ATTACHMENT)...[VAIRAG]...DETACHMENT

        AHANKARA (VANITY)...[DINTA]...HUMILITY

        *Twitchell changed the remedy or virture for LUST to fit the western
        seeker. Twitch took the first of two remedies for ATTACHMENT, which
        was DISCRIMINATION, and uses this for the virture for LUST. Chastity
        and continence were completely eliminated!

        Prometheus
        p.s. Isn't it interesting that in the 1966 Illuminated Way Letters
        that Twitchell never mentions Rebazar Tarzs or the Mahanta. Yet,
        Twitchell is supposedly the L.E.M. and at least a 12th Initiate! Who
        initiated him? He was still corresponding with Kirpal Singh during
        this time. Actually, the Mahanta was never mentioned by P.T. until
        1969!