Re: Truth vs. Fiction of the Sound Current?

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
      I agree. But I also think that most New Age thinking is absurd because it is baseless and without evidence. The soul concept cannot be proven, let alone the soulmate idea.

      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
        I find it suspect whenever the female is downgraded in comparison with
        the male. In The Tiger's Fang (according to Lord Alakh Lok?):

        "There is more to this law than just the issues which have been given
        here. No Soul can enter into the worlds above the plane of Sat Lok
        without being complete within itself - without having both completed
        the cycle of balance and entering into the oneness with its other self,
        and both gaining the traits of the other .... and in the end, as it is
        said, becoming the male or original Soul as God first put on earth.
        This Soul had the qualities which God wanted, but could not be
        manifested unless Soul was split into two particular particles, the
        negative and the positive, for both to develop." (pp. 85-86)

        My comments:

        As it is said? Lord Alakh Lok says "as it is said"?

        I wonder, Did Paul Twitchell come up with this stuff from Radhasoami
        doctrine? Quoting:

        "The higher centres in a female form are less capable of being
        developed than in a male form. All the centres of Pind, Brahmand and
        Dayal Desh do exist in a woman as they do in man. But the centres
        higher than Sunn or Daswan Dwar cannot ordinarily be awakened in a
        woman. Hence, the highest point to which the spirit or Surat in a
        female can rise, is the Daswan Dwar. For higher ascension, the same
        Surat or spirit will have to take birth as a man, and perform the
        spiritual exercises for awakening higher centres. [... .]"

        http://www.rsfaith.org/images/stories/RSFBooks/English/Holy_Epistols_Part_5/holy_epistols_part_5_1.html

        Both versions on the subject are highly suspect, IMO. I think people
        probably butchered an older form of a story that subsequently took on
        Frankenstein form.

        I think there are two more sections about Soul Mates that I came across
        recently, both from Dialogues With The Master, at least one version of
        which appears to be from appropriated text.

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
          Hello Etznab and All,
          Yes, it makes me suspicious
          of any religious dogma that
          degrades women. Just how
          "spiritual" and advanced
          can it really be? It's Not!

          But, since the Boy's Clubs
          of the World seem to run
          things it's no wonder this
          anti-female crap is written
          in all religious dogma.

          Sant Mat, which Twitchell
          "borrowed from" was no
          more advanced than all
          other "spiritual" sources
          that Twitchell used to
          "Compile" his male chauvinist
          dogma. Those male/female
          atoms and positive/negative
          batteries where the LEM
          has to be a male because
          women can't handle the
          Rod of Power is pure fiction.
          This is such a stupid ekplanation
          that you have to be brain-
          washed to believe it. BTW-
          I wonder what the "Rod"
          really symbolizes?

          Anyway, this is one more
          topic of PT's, and of Klemp's,
          that doesn't get closer
          scrutiny nor is it ever discussed
          using logic, common sense,
          or intellect. Actually, it's
          never discussed because
          there's no point right or
          wrong, the case is closed!
          Remember, HK has said,
          "Eckankar is a hierarchy
          and not a Democracy." But,
          isn't our government both
          a hierarchy and a democracy?

          Since Klemp claims to be
          imperfect and points out
          that Twitchell exaggerated
          shouldn't PT's Male requirement
          for the LEM position be revisited,
          investigated, and explained?

          Are there any EKists who
          are doctors, engineers or
          scientists? I'd like them to
          explain how the neg/pos
          male/female battery thing
          works with the physical body
          and why one needs to be
          a male in order to be the
          LEM in the Lower Planes,
          especially, here on earth!

          Prometheus

          <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

          > I can't view the concept of a soulmate being two parts of a whole
          no matter where it comes from. I don't believe any of us are half of
          a whole. Maybe Paul needed that concept as a reason for why he fell
          for Gail.ÂÂ