Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Truth vs. Fiction of the Sound Current?

  • Russ Rodnick
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
      sure does have the same characteristics.

      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
        I was told by a HI who was a featured African seminar speaker, that the Africans seriously regard the chosen one as the mahanta and give them every consideration while there; and that thousands of chelas and interested parties show up.

        I have thought the eck provided a powerful juju against the black magicians of africa, of which I am told there are many. I know of a chief who possesses knowledge of ways to kill and effect people. He is considered a 'man of power' by those he looks after, here in the states.

        This teaching's roots are based on actual metaphysical principles, and I'm afraid that it has developed 'legs' of its own. Add to this the power of belief, and you have a plethora of metaphysical phenomena; which go to the lore and mythology of the teaching/religion.

        Like it or not, it will most likely live on. I daresay, some good may come from it. Some sincere people find solace in organized religion, even though it is mostly based on lies.

        I still want to know the truth...

        Russ

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
          These are only sample excerpts, but will show in the two books where to
          look.

          ***

          Lord Sohang:

          "Man is a spiritual being.
          "The source of this spiritual Omniscience, you may not, in our
          finite intelligence, fully cognize, because full cognition would
          preclude the possibility of finite expression.
          "The destiny of man is to dwell in his true home.
          "His true home is that nameless world where dwells the true Lord of
          all infinity.
          "The argument of the saviors of the three worlds is that man's
          destiny is perfection.
          "Man perfected becomes a god, they say.
          "To become a God in the land of Daswan Dwar is to become immortal.

          "Let me consider what this means, supposing it to be an axiom of
          truth.
          "Mortality is subject to change and death. Mortality is the manifest
          - the stage upon which man in his life plays many parts.
          "Immortality is what the word implies, Godhood, and recognized in
          the mortal 'I am' or, 'Om', the charged word of the Brahman of the
          world of Brahm. It stands for the changeless, birthless, deathless,
          unamable power that holds the worlds in space, and puts intelligence
          into man. [... .]

          - Dialogues With The Master, by Paul Twitchell (1970) p. 174

          Ali Nomad:

          Man is essentially a spiritual being.

          The source of this spiritual Omniscience we may not, in our finite
          intelligence, fully cognize, because full cognition would preclude the
          possibility of finite expression. The destiny of man is perfection. Man
          perfected becomes a god.

          "Only the gods are immortal," we are told.

          Let us consider what this means, supposing it to be an axiom of truth.

          Mortality is subject to change and death. Mortality is the
          manifest--the stage upon which "man in his life plays many parts."

          Immortality, is what the word says it is--godhood re-cognized in the
          mortal. "Im" or, "Om"--the more general term--stands for the
          Changeless. Birthless. Deathless. Unnamable Power that holds the worlds
          in space, and puts intelligence into man. [... .]

          http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/2/mode/2up/search/omniscience

          Lord Sohang:

          "Each and every Soul, therefore, in the lower worlds has its spiritual
          counterpart - its other half with which it unites on the spiritual
          plane, when the time comes for the attainment of the highest goal of
          the world of Brahm and that counterpart is the ECK Spirit." (DWTM p.
          176)

          Ali Nomad:

          Each and every SOUL, therefore, has its spiritual counterpart--its
          "other half," with which it unites on the spiritual plane, when the
          time comes for attainment of immortality.

          http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/6/mode/2up/search/counterpart

          sure does have the same characteristics.

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
            Hello Non and Russ,
            I too was once involved
            with metaphysics via
            The Unity School of
            Christianity. And, have
            explored Christian
            Science, to a degree,
            as well as other
            metaphysical thought
            prior to Eckankar.

            The danger is that
            New Age thought
            (Revised Metaphysics),
            and religious cults
            as Eckankar et al.,
            will encourage people
            to follow their Faith
            in alternative cultish
            cures such as positive
            thinking, white magic,
            homeopathy and other
            non orthodox magical/
            mystical/natural forms
            of medicine/healing.
            Healing Crystals anyone?

            But, these alternative
            treatments only go
            so far and these treatments
            can sometimes mask
            or hide serious health
            problems. People can
            confuse symptoms
            and side-effects and,
            via blind faith, will not
            seek timely traditional
            treatment proven to
            help or cure, until, it
            becomes too late!

            Those who put their
            faith and trust in the
            ECK and in Klemp and
            who think that HUing
            will help to heal them
            are deluded.

            EKists emulate Klemp
            with his focus on
            alternative medicine,
            but even Klemp, after
            falling on Black Ice
            and breaking his hip,
            needed to have surgery
            and metal work and
            was given pain meds
            and even asked for more!

            It's true that traditional
            medicine and prescription
            drugs are a racket of sorts,
            but vitamins and herbal
            remedies etc. are a racket
            too! And that applies to
            many other alternative
            forms of (metaphysical)
            New Age medicine and
            health remedies.

            Anyway, here's an excerpt
            from the below site. To me
            it shows a time-line of how
            people came to mistrust
            traditional medicine and the
            role that non traditional religion
            or psychic spirituality had
            to play.

            However, just because
            traditional Western Religion
            and Medicine had stumbled
            together doesn't mean that
            they are connected to each
            other. Western Medicine is
            based upon Science whereas
            Religion isn't! Neither Eastern
            or Western Religion, or their
            sects, are based upon facts.
            It's all about dogma based
            upon opposing beliefs and
            divine authority via revelation.

            And, individually, it's mostly
            about subjective faith and
            belief which is why non-
            traditional alternative forms
            of "medicine" are connected
            to non-traditional New Age
            thought and to metaphysics
            in general. Personally, I don't
            trust Western Medicine or
            doctors completely, but
            I don't trust Alternative
            Medicine at all... unlike
            many ECKists. Still, it's
            funny seeing ECKists
            accepting their Mahanta
            sitting in a wheelchair as
            though there's no significance
            as to how it happened or
            that it happened at all.

            http://www.icsahome.com/logon/elibdocview.asp?Subject=The+Queen+of+the+New+Age+

            "Hay's Religious Science is an example of what the scholar Catherine L. Albanese calls metaphysical religion, a tradition that began spreading in America in the mid-19th century. "For metaphysics," Albanese writes in "A Republic of Mind and Spirit," "religion turns on an individual's experience of `mind' (instead of `heart,' as in evangelicalism)." Metaphysical religion includes intuition or psychic work, clairvoyance and channeling otherworldly figures, and forms of it have been popularized in, for example, Christian Science, which its founder, Mary Baker Eddy, said would allow people to cure disease with prayer, and books like "The Power of Positive Thinking," by the preacher Norman Vincent Peale. What they all have in common — Christian Science; its cousin Religious Science; Peale's 1952 megaseller; and contemporary best sellers like Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" — is a conviction that proper thinking, rather than religious faith or fervor, is the key to metaphysical power.

            Metaphysical religion has frequently stepped into the breach where Western medicine and Western religion will not or cannot go. When I asked The Rev. Wade Adkisson, the current pastor of Hay's old Church of Religious Science, why as a new church in the 1930s it appealed to people, he said: "At that time the medical world was very basic. A doctor carried with him two things: a bottle of whiskey and a knife. So people were looking for alternative methods of healing." Of course, Adkisson says he believes in those alternative methods of healing. If, as he says, "cancer is merely the outpicturing of one's emotional state," then it can be cured with prayer. But he also admits that for marketing mind cures in the 1930s, it helped that traditional medicine was so impoverished."

            Non wrote:

> [...]
            > > plagiarized the hell
            > > out of this in order
            > > to create his EK dogma
            > > and to make himself
            > > seem spiritually advanced,
            > > knowledgable, and
            > > wise. And, since PT
            > > was a narcissist he
            > > probably used this
            > > info to impress others,
            > > including Gail, when,
            > > in truth, he was a
            > > mere wannabe, liar,
            > > and plagiarist.
            > >
            > > Prometheus
            > >

            > > Etznab wrote:
            > >
            > > There is a chapter in Paul Twitchell's book,
            > > Dialogues With The Master (1970),
            > > called: THE LORD SOHANG SPEAKS.
            > >
            > > Go to Ali Nomad's book - Cosmic Consciousness
            > > (first published in 1913?) - and compare the text
            > > with what Lord Sohang reportedly spoke to Paul

          • Janice Pfeiffer
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
              Thank you Non for your reply.  I guess I understand more about what you said.  Good luck,

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
                I can't view the concept of a soulmate being two parts of a whole no matter where it comes from.  I don't believe any of us are half of a whole.  Maybe Paul needed that concept as a reason for why he fell for Gail.

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                  I agree. But I also think that most New Age thinking is absurd because it is baseless and without evidence. The soul concept cannot be proven, let alone the soulmate idea.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                    I find it suspect whenever the female is downgraded in comparison with
                    the male. In The Tiger's Fang (according to Lord Alakh Lok?):

                    "There is more to this law than just the issues which have been given
                    here. No Soul can enter into the worlds above the plane of Sat Lok
                    without being complete within itself - without having both completed
                    the cycle of balance and entering into the oneness with its other self,
                    and both gaining the traits of the other .... and in the end, as it is
                    said, becoming the male or original Soul as God first put on earth.
                    This Soul had the qualities which God wanted, but could not be
                    manifested unless Soul was split into two particular particles, the
                    negative and the positive, for both to develop." (pp. 85-86)

                    My comments:

                    As it is said? Lord Alakh Lok says "as it is said"?

                    I wonder, Did Paul Twitchell come up with this stuff from Radhasoami
                    doctrine? Quoting:

                    "The higher centres in a female form are less capable of being
                    developed than in a male form. All the centres of Pind, Brahmand and
                    Dayal Desh do exist in a woman as they do in man. But the centres
                    higher than Sunn or Daswan Dwar cannot ordinarily be awakened in a
                    woman. Hence, the highest point to which the spirit or Surat in a
                    female can rise, is the Daswan Dwar. For higher ascension, the same
                    Surat or spirit will have to take birth as a man, and perform the
                    spiritual exercises for awakening higher centres. [... .]"

                    http://www.rsfaith.org/images/stories/RSFBooks/English/Holy_Epistols_Part_5/holy_epistols_part_5_1.html

                    Both versions on the subject are highly suspect, IMO. I think people
                    probably butchered an older form of a story that subsequently took on
                    Frankenstein form.

                    I think there are two more sections about Soul Mates that I came across
                    recently, both from Dialogues With The Master, at least one version of
                    which appears to be from appropriated text.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                      Hello Etznab and All,
                      Yes, it makes me suspicious
                      of any religious dogma that
                      degrades women. Just how
                      "spiritual" and advanced
                      can it really be? It's Not!

                      But, since the Boy's Clubs
                      of the World seem to run
                      things it's no wonder this
                      anti-female crap is written
                      in all religious dogma.

                      Sant Mat, which Twitchell
                      "borrowed from" was no
                      more advanced than all
                      other "spiritual" sources
                      that Twitchell used to
                      "Compile" his male chauvinist
                      dogma. Those male/female
                      atoms and positive/negative
                      batteries where the LEM
                      has to be a male because
                      women can't handle the
                      Rod of Power is pure fiction.
                      This is such a stupid ekplanation
                      that you have to be brain-
                      washed to believe it. BTW-
                      I wonder what the "Rod"
                      really symbolizes?

                      Anyway, this is one more
                      topic of PT's, and of Klemp's,
                      that doesn't get closer
                      scrutiny nor is it ever discussed
                      using logic, common sense,
                      or intellect. Actually, it's
                      never discussed because
                      there's no point right or
                      wrong, the case is closed!
                      Remember, HK has said,
                      "Eckankar is a hierarchy
                      and not a Democracy." But,
                      isn't our government both
                      a hierarchy and a democracy?

                      Since Klemp claims to be
                      imperfect and points out
                      that Twitchell exaggerated
                      shouldn't PT's Male requirement
                      for the LEM position be revisited,
                      investigated, and explained?

                      Are there any EKists who
                      are doctors, engineers or
                      scientists? I'd like them to
                      explain how the neg/pos
                      male/female battery thing
                      works with the physical body
                      and why one needs to be
                      a male in order to be the
                      LEM in the Lower Planes,
                      especially, here on earth!

                      Prometheus

                      <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

                      > I can't view the concept of a soulmate being two parts of a whole
                      no matter where it comes from. I don't believe any of us are half of
                      a whole. Maybe Paul needed that concept as a reason for why he fell
                      for Gail.ÂÂ