Re: Truth vs. Fiction of the Sound Current?

  • Non
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 8, 2012
      On the Truth vs. Fiction part and books from the 1910 era, I found an interesting article about Louise Hay and how her popularity really increased due to her involvement with the Aids epidemic, especially in California. On the one hand she offered the hope of complete healing, while at the same time giving a disclaimer by saying that the healing may only be spiritual and not necessarily physical. (sounds kind of like what klemp and the like always do!) It is asserted that most of the dogma about the absolute power of positive thought, or whatever, was most popular when science or medicine didn't have clear evidence for a good cure to illness. Those with Aids were being shunned, especially by organized religions. I found this article doing some searches on New Age and Angels.

      http://www.icsahome.com/logon/elibdocview.asp?Subject=The+Queen+of+the+New+Age+

      I just thought it was interesting that what is really going on with New Age Religion is 'just a little bit of history repeating'.
      :D
      Then again I have come to the conclusion that all religions have their myths and angles to pray to for this or that. You might say that eck masters are just like angels or saints or what have you. It's all kind of the same stuff, just different depending on the culture. Name the religion and there will be variations and even changes as a result of cultural or tribal tendencies. Imagine what ekankar is really like in Africa or India or in the U.S. Has Klemp ever made a trip to Africa?

      Non ; )

      > Hello Etznab,
      > I was reading some
      > of this book, which
      > was written in 1913
      > or 15, and just about
      > every page sounds
      > a lot like Twitchell's
      > various writings.
      >
      > Twitchell must have
      > plagiarized the hell
      > out of this in order
      > to create his EK dogma
      > and to make himself
      > seem spiritually advanced,
      > knowledgable, and
      > wise. And, since PT
      > was a narcissist he
      > probably used this
      > info to impress others,
      > including Gail, when,
      > in truth, he was a
      > mere wannabe, liar,
      > and plagiarist.
      >
      > Prometheus
      >

      > Etznab wrote:
      >
      > There is a chapter in Paul Twitchell's book,
      > Dialogues With The Master (1970),
      > called: THE LORD SOHANG SPEAKS.
      >
      > Go to Ali Nomad's book - Cosmic Consciousness
      > (first published in 1913?) - and compare the text
      > with what Lord Sohang reportedly spoke to Paul
      > Twitchell in Dialogues With The Master.
      >
      > http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/2/mode/2up
      > http://www.consciouslivingfoundation.org/ebooks/13/CLF-CosmicConsciousness-AliNo\
      > \\\mad.pdf

    • Russ Rodnick
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
        sure does have the same characteristics.

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
          I was told by a HI who was a featured African seminar speaker, that the Africans seriously regard the chosen one as the mahanta and give them every consideration while there; and that thousands of chelas and interested parties show up.

          I have thought the eck provided a powerful juju against the black magicians of africa, of which I am told there are many. I know of a chief who possesses knowledge of ways to kill and effect people. He is considered a 'man of power' by those he looks after, here in the states.

          This teaching's roots are based on actual metaphysical principles, and I'm afraid that it has developed 'legs' of its own. Add to this the power of belief, and you have a plethora of metaphysical phenomena; which go to the lore and mythology of the teaching/religion.

          Like it or not, it will most likely live on. I daresay, some good may come from it. Some sincere people find solace in organized religion, even though it is mostly based on lies.

          I still want to know the truth...

          Russ

> [...]

          > plagiarized the hell
          > out of this in order
          > to create his EK dogma
          > and to make himself
          > seem spiritually advanced,
          > knowledgable, and
          > wise. And, since PT
          > was a narcissist he
          > probably used this
          > info to impress others,
          > including Gail, when,
          > in truth, he was a
          > mere wannabe, liar,
          > and plagiarist.
          >
          > Prometheus
          >

          > Etznab wrote:
          >
          > There is a chapter in Paul Twitchell's book,
          > Dialogues With The Master (1970),
          > called: THE LORD SOHANG SPEAKS.
          >
          > Go to Ali Nomad's book - Cosmic Consciousness
          > (first published in 1913?) - and compare the text
          > with what Lord Sohang reportedly spoke to Paul

          Recent Activity:
          .

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
            These are only sample excerpts, but will show in the two books where to
            look.

            ***

            Lord Sohang:

            "Man is a spiritual being.
            "The source of this spiritual Omniscience, you may not, in our
            finite intelligence, fully cognize, because full cognition would
            preclude the possibility of finite expression.
            "The destiny of man is to dwell in his true home.
            "His true home is that nameless world where dwells the true Lord of
            all infinity.
            "The argument of the saviors of the three worlds is that man's
            destiny is perfection.
            "Man perfected becomes a god, they say.
            "To become a God in the land of Daswan Dwar is to become immortal.

            "Let me consider what this means, supposing it to be an axiom of
            truth.
            "Mortality is subject to change and death. Mortality is the manifest
            - the stage upon which man in his life plays many parts.
            "Immortality is what the word implies, Godhood, and recognized in
            the mortal 'I am' or, 'Om', the charged word of the Brahman of the
            world of Brahm. It stands for the changeless, birthless, deathless,
            unamable power that holds the worlds in space, and puts intelligence
            into man. [... .]

            - Dialogues With The Master, by Paul Twitchell (1970) p. 174

            Ali Nomad:

            Man is essentially a spiritual being.

            The source of this spiritual Omniscience we may not, in our finite
            intelligence, fully cognize, because full cognition would preclude the
            possibility of finite expression. The destiny of man is perfection. Man
            perfected becomes a god.

            "Only the gods are immortal," we are told.

            Let us consider what this means, supposing it to be an axiom of truth.

            Mortality is subject to change and death. Mortality is the
            manifest--the stage upon which "man in his life plays many parts."

            Immortality, is what the word says it is--godhood re-cognized in the
            mortal. "Im" or, "Om"--the more general term--stands for the
            Changeless. Birthless. Deathless. Unnamable Power that holds the worlds
            in space, and puts intelligence into man. [... .]

            http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/2/mode/2up/search/omniscience

            Lord Sohang:

            "Each and every Soul, therefore, in the lower worlds has its spiritual
            counterpart - its other half with which it unites on the spiritual
            plane, when the time comes for the attainment of the highest goal of
            the world of Brahm and that counterpart is the ECK Spirit." (DWTM p.
            176)

            Ali Nomad:

            Each and every SOUL, therefore, has its spiritual counterpart--its
            "other half," with which it unites on the spiritual plane, when the
            time comes for attainment of immortality.

            http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/6/mode/2up/search/counterpart

            sure does have the same characteristics.

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
              Hello Non and Russ,
              I too was once involved
              with metaphysics via
              The Unity School of
              Christianity. And, have
              explored Christian
              Science, to a degree,
              as well as other
              metaphysical thought
              prior to Eckankar.

              The danger is that
              New Age thought
              (Revised Metaphysics),
              and religious cults
              as Eckankar et al.,
              will encourage people
              to follow their Faith
              in alternative cultish
              cures such as positive
              thinking, white magic,
              homeopathy and other
              non orthodox magical/
              mystical/natural forms
              of medicine/healing.
              Healing Crystals anyone?

              But, these alternative
              treatments only go
              so far and these treatments
              can sometimes mask
              or hide serious health
              problems. People can
              confuse symptoms
              and side-effects and,
              via blind faith, will not
              seek timely traditional
              treatment proven to
              help or cure, until, it
              becomes too late!

              Those who put their
              faith and trust in the
              ECK and in Klemp and
              who think that HUing
              will help to heal them
              are deluded.

              EKists emulate Klemp
              with his focus on
              alternative medicine,
              but even Klemp, after
              falling on Black Ice
              and breaking his hip,
              needed to have surgery
              and metal work and
              was given pain meds
              and even asked for more!

              It's true that traditional
              medicine and prescription
              drugs are a racket of sorts,
              but vitamins and herbal
              remedies etc. are a racket
              too! And that applies to
              many other alternative
              forms of (metaphysical)
              New Age medicine and
              health remedies.

              Anyway, here's an excerpt
              from the below site. To me
              it shows a time-line of how
              people came to mistrust
              traditional medicine and the
              role that non traditional religion
              or psychic spirituality had
              to play.

              However, just because
              traditional Western Religion
              and Medicine had stumbled
              together doesn't mean that
              they are connected to each
              other. Western Medicine is
              based upon Science whereas
              Religion isn't! Neither Eastern
              or Western Religion, or their
              sects, are based upon facts.
              It's all about dogma based
              upon opposing beliefs and
              divine authority via revelation.

              And, individually, it's mostly
              about subjective faith and
              belief which is why non-
              traditional alternative forms
              of "medicine" are connected
              to non-traditional New Age
              thought and to metaphysics
              in general. Personally, I don't
              trust Western Medicine or
              doctors completely, but
              I don't trust Alternative
              Medicine at all... unlike
              many ECKists. Still, it's
              funny seeing ECKists
              accepting their Mahanta
              sitting in a wheelchair as
              though there's no significance
              as to how it happened or
              that it happened at all.

              http://www.icsahome.com/logon/elibdocview.asp?Subject=The+Queen+of+the+New+Age+

              "Hay's Religious Science is an example of what the scholar Catherine L. Albanese calls metaphysical religion, a tradition that began spreading in America in the mid-19th century. "For metaphysics," Albanese writes in "A Republic of Mind and Spirit," "religion turns on an individual's experience of `mind' (instead of `heart,' as in evangelicalism)." Metaphysical religion includes intuition or psychic work, clairvoyance and channeling otherworldly figures, and forms of it have been popularized in, for example, Christian Science, which its founder, Mary Baker Eddy, said would allow people to cure disease with prayer, and books like "The Power of Positive Thinking," by the preacher Norman Vincent Peale. What they all have in common — Christian Science; its cousin Religious Science; Peale's 1952 megaseller; and contemporary best sellers like Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" — is a conviction that proper thinking, rather than religious faith or fervor, is the key to metaphysical power.

              Metaphysical religion has frequently stepped into the breach where Western medicine and Western religion will not or cannot go. When I asked The Rev. Wade Adkisson, the current pastor of Hay's old Church of Religious Science, why as a new church in the 1930s it appealed to people, he said: "At that time the medical world was very basic. A doctor carried with him two things: a bottle of whiskey and a knife. So people were looking for alternative methods of healing." Of course, Adkisson says he believes in those alternative methods of healing. If, as he says, "cancer is merely the outpicturing of one's emotional state," then it can be cured with prayer. But he also admits that for marketing mind cures in the 1930s, it helped that traditional medicine was so impoverished."

              Non wrote:

> [...]
              > > plagiarized the hell
              > > out of this in order
              > > to create his EK dogma
              > > and to make himself
              > > seem spiritually advanced,
              > > knowledgable, and
              > > wise. And, since PT
              > > was a narcissist he
              > > probably used this
              > > info to impress others,
              > > including Gail, when,
              > > in truth, he was a
              > > mere wannabe, liar,
              > > and plagiarist.
              > >
              > > Prometheus
              > >

              > > Etznab wrote:
              > >
              > > There is a chapter in Paul Twitchell's book,
              > > Dialogues With The Master (1970),
              > > called: THE LORD SOHANG SPEAKS.
              > >
              > > Go to Ali Nomad's book - Cosmic Consciousness
              > > (first published in 1913?) - and compare the text
              > > with what Lord Sohang reportedly spoke to Paul

            • Janice Pfeiffer
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
                Thank you Non for your reply.  I guess I understand more about what you said.  Good luck,

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 9, 2012
                  I can't view the concept of a soulmate being two parts of a whole no matter where it comes from.  I don't believe any of us are half of a whole.  Maybe Paul needed that concept as a reason for why he fell for Gail.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                    I agree. But I also think that most New Age thinking is absurd because it is baseless and without evidence. The soul concept cannot be proven, let alone the soulmate idea.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                      I find it suspect whenever the female is downgraded in comparison with
                      the male. In The Tiger's Fang (according to Lord Alakh Lok?):

                      "There is more to this law than just the issues which have been given
                      here. No Soul can enter into the worlds above the plane of Sat Lok
                      without being complete within itself - without having both completed
                      the cycle of balance and entering into the oneness with its other self,
                      and both gaining the traits of the other .... and in the end, as it is
                      said, becoming the male or original Soul as God first put on earth.
                      This Soul had the qualities which God wanted, but could not be
                      manifested unless Soul was split into two particular particles, the
                      negative and the positive, for both to develop." (pp. 85-86)

                      My comments:

                      As it is said? Lord Alakh Lok says "as it is said"?

                      I wonder, Did Paul Twitchell come up with this stuff from Radhasoami
                      doctrine? Quoting:

                      "The higher centres in a female form are less capable of being
                      developed than in a male form. All the centres of Pind, Brahmand and
                      Dayal Desh do exist in a woman as they do in man. But the centres
                      higher than Sunn or Daswan Dwar cannot ordinarily be awakened in a
                      woman. Hence, the highest point to which the spirit or Surat in a
                      female can rise, is the Daswan Dwar. For higher ascension, the same
                      Surat or spirit will have to take birth as a man, and perform the
                      spiritual exercises for awakening higher centres. [... .]"

                      http://www.rsfaith.org/images/stories/RSFBooks/English/Holy_Epistols_Part_5/holy_epistols_part_5_1.html

                      Both versions on the subject are highly suspect, IMO. I think people
                      probably butchered an older form of a story that subsequently took on
                      Frankenstein form.

                      I think there are two more sections about Soul Mates that I came across
                      recently, both from Dialogues With The Master, at least one version of
                      which appears to be from appropriated text.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 10, 2012
                        Hello Etznab and All,
                        Yes, it makes me suspicious
                        of any religious dogma that
                        degrades women. Just how
                        "spiritual" and advanced
                        can it really be? It's Not!

                        But, since the Boy's Clubs
                        of the World seem to run
                        things it's no wonder this
                        anti-female crap is written
                        in all religious dogma.

                        Sant Mat, which Twitchell
                        "borrowed from" was no
                        more advanced than all
                        other "spiritual" sources
                        that Twitchell used to
                        "Compile" his male chauvinist
                        dogma. Those male/female
                        atoms and positive/negative
                        batteries where the LEM
                        has to be a male because
                        women can't handle the
                        Rod of Power is pure fiction.
                        This is such a stupid ekplanation
                        that you have to be brain-
                        washed to believe it. BTW-
                        I wonder what the "Rod"
                        really symbolizes?

                        Anyway, this is one more
                        topic of PT's, and of Klemp's,
                        that doesn't get closer
                        scrutiny nor is it ever discussed
                        using logic, common sense,
                        or intellect. Actually, it's
                        never discussed because
                        there's no point right or
                        wrong, the case is closed!
                        Remember, HK has said,
                        "Eckankar is a hierarchy
                        and not a Democracy." But,
                        isn't our government both
                        a hierarchy and a democracy?

                        Since Klemp claims to be
                        imperfect and points out
                        that Twitchell exaggerated
                        shouldn't PT's Male requirement
                        for the LEM position be revisited,
                        investigated, and explained?

                        Are there any EKists who
                        are doctors, engineers or
                        scientists? I'd like them to
                        explain how the neg/pos
                        male/female battery thing
                        works with the physical body
                        and why one needs to be
                        a male in order to be the
                        LEM in the Lower Planes,
                        especially, here on earth!

                        Prometheus

                        <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

                        > I can't view the concept of a soulmate being two parts of a whole
                        no matter where it comes from. I don't believe any of us are half of
                        a whole. Maybe Paul needed that concept as a reason for why he fell
                        for Gail.ÂÂ