Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Wisdom notes and how Eckists see the mahanta

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
      Ingrid writes:
      "From one pumpkin to another:

      <snip>
      This shows very clearly for me, how close, in reality, Eckists are
      to Catholics, even if they wouldn't see it that way at all ...
      ***  Halloween is just around the corner  ;-)

      ........the analogy by this eckists sounds so elementary!  I haven't read from hu-chat in a few days,  so let me guess.....   was it a school teacher that wrote this?

      Liz
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
        > ........the analogy by this eckists sounds so elementary! I
        haven't read
        > from hu-chat in a few days, so let me guess..... was it a school
        >teacher that
        > wrote this?

        No ... it's somebody I know personally, a "special friend" :-) - this
        person always uses those analogies that sound so easy and right - I
        believed them for some time, too! In reality, it's such hogwash ...

        Ingrid
      • jjamie1977
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
          <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
          > <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
          > > wrote:
          > > > There is no wisdom to be gained by this current installment!
          > > >

          > > Yes, Liz, the wisdom is that there is no wisdom in what Klemp
          > > writes! : )
          >
          > From a recent posting on huchat, see how Eckists view the mahanta:
          >
          > "From one pumpkin to another:
          >
          > A woman was asked by a coworker, "What is it like to be an Eckist?"
          >
          > The Eckist replied, "It is like being a pumpkin." The Mahanta picks
          > you from the patch, brings you in and washes all the dirt off of
          > you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
          >
          > He removes the seeds of dogma and fear. Then He carves you a new
          > smiling face and puts His light of love inside of you to shine for
          > all the world to see."
          >
          > This shows very clearly for me, how close, in reality, Eckists are
          > to Catholics, even if they wouldn't see it that way at all ...
          >
          > Ingrid

          i recall reading an anti christianity discussion in the eck
          literature. either pt or hk was saying that christianity made lame
          promises. it promised to remove ones sins in some nebulous and vague
          way. and this was one of its major downfalls.......but this is
          PRECISELY the way many eckists see eckankar and the mahanta. pay lip
          service to the great and mighty oz, and u will be enlightened and
          cleansed, fit to enter paradise.

          jamie-----------------------------------------
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
            Hi Ingrid,

            How can this Eckist say that dogma and fear are removed like the
            seeds from a pumpkin? The Eckankar teachings are dogma that excludes
            all other beliefs as having any validity! Apparently this Eckist did
            not see the real Mahanta in example #2 of the 09/2005 Wisdom Notes.
            No Prodigal Son here or true forgiveness! Instead, Klemp exerts his
            control and communicates the fear of retribution to all of his
            chelas. This Eckist makes the unloving Klemp sound more like a
            puppet master which is probably more accurate. Actually, she makes
            Klemp sound rather Ghoulish which is probably more factual. Wouldn't
            it be fun to have a "Harold" mask for Trick-or-Treat at Halloween
            and go to all the Eckists' houses! That would be scary! LOL!

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
              Hi, Ingrid!

              I saw this post about the pumpkins on HuChat too! Incredible that so
              many of them saw it as being an accurate description of Eckists--
              carved out pumpkins with no insides, just a frozen dense lighted
              smile--all at the hand of their beloved master HK! I guess they
              don't mind being manipulated and having the life scooped (gutted)
              out of them! : )

              I guess it is so much easier to not have to think for yourself and
              to just embrace delusion. It's really a cop out to put that much
              faith and trust in another individual such as HK or anyone else who
              wants to master over others.

              <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
              > <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
              ewickings@a...
              > > wrote:
              > > > There is no wisdom to be gained by this current installment!
              > > >

              > > Yes, Liz, the wisdom is that there is no wisdom in what Klemp
              > > writes! : )
              >
              > From a recent posting on huchat, see how Eckists view the mahanta:
              >
              > "From one pumpkin to another:
              >
              > A woman was asked by a coworker, "What is it like to be an Eckist?"
              >
              > The Eckist replied, "It is like being a pumpkin." The Mahanta
              picks
              > you from the patch, brings you in and washes all the dirt off of
              > you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
              >
              > He removes the seeds of dogma and fear. Then He carves you a new
              > smiling face and puts His light of love inside of you to shine for
              > all the world to see."
              >
              > This shows very clearly for me, how close, in reality, Eckists are
              > to Catholics, even if they wouldn't see it that way at all ...
              >
              > Ingrid
            • ctecvie
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                Hello, Mish!

                <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
                > Hi, Ingrid!
                >
                > I saw this post about the pumpkins on HuChat too! Incredible that
                >so
                > many of them saw it as being an accurate description of Eckists--
                > carved out pumpkins with no insides, just a frozen dense lighted
                > smile--all at the hand of their beloved master HK! I guess they
                > don't mind being manipulated and having the life scooped (gutted)
                > out of them! : )

                Well, they think that they are the greatest - of course! :-) It's
                true that the "yucky stuff" inside (don't they know that the seeds
                bear life in themselves and ensure the next generation of
                pumpkins?!) is life and that they have it scooped out and all that
                remains is a lifeless and empty smile? And as Liz said, after a
                while pumpkins rot and get all mushy in the head! That's what
                happens when you stop to think for yourself and hand everything over
                to the mahanta! How often have I heard this - just hand it over to
                the mahanta, he will take care of it! A

                nd then of course, when you are all mushy in the head, you tend to
                act like a kid, just as you do with your kids at Halloween, Liz! And
                the difference to the eckists is that you know what you are doing
                while they think it's working out karma and going towards spiritual
                freedom!

                Ingrid
              • ctecvie
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                  <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
                  >Wouldn't
                  > it be fun to have a "Harold" mask for Trick-or-Treat at Halloween
                  > and go to all the Eckists' houses! That would be scary! LOL!

                  Oh Prometheus, how funny to imagine and how scary indeed! LOL! That
                  makes me laugh a lot. :-)

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Hi Ingrid,

                    Yes, and wouldn't it be too weird if a group of Eck Youth went to
                    Eck member's apartments and houses for Trick-or-Treat and all wore
                    "Harold Masks!" One Harold is freaky enough, but a group of them (of
                    various shapes and sizes) on your stoop would be just too Ghoulish
                    even on Halloween! I doubt if Klemp has the sense of humor to allow
                    that to happen without some serious retribution. But, maybe some Eck
                    Youth might give it a shot just the same.

                    By the way, the pumpkin thing made me think about those seeds that
                    these Eckists throw away. These nuts obviously don't see the value
                    of pumpkin seeds! The next time I go to the store I'll have to buy
                    some. They're very tasty and nutritious!

                    Prometheus

                    ctecvie wrote:

                    prometheus wrote:

                    > >Wouldn't it be fun to have a "Harold" mask for Trick-or-Treat at
                    Halloween and go to all the Eckists' houses! That would be scary!
                    LOL!

                    > Oh Prometheus, how funny to imagine and how scary indeed! LOL!
                    That makes me laugh a lot. :-)

                    > Ingrid
                  • ctecvie
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                      Hello Prometheus,

                      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                      --- snip ---

                      > By the way, the pumpkin thing made me think about those seeds that
                      > these Eckists throw away. These nuts obviously don't see the value
                      > of pumpkin seeds! The next time I go to the store I'll have to buy
                      > some. They're very tasty and nutritious!

                      Pumpkin seeds are wonderful! You fry them and salt them, and they
                      just taste so good! Or you can cover them with chocolate ... Yum!

                      Do you know pumpkin seed oil? Very healthy and good! It has a taste
                      of its own, so you either like it or not. I love it. I was raised
                      with that! :-)