Re: Statistics question

  • Diana Stanley
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
      Sharon I think Steven King would be a better author for a book about the comings and goings about Eck Masters.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 22, 2012
        Hello Sharon and All,
        Yes, I had photos and
        wore EK jewelry. It's
        a familiar thing for
        former Catholics.

        I had additional photos
        of EK masters taped
        to the backside of
        the sun visor and
        had PT's photo in
        plain sight down by
        the ashtray. People
        would always ask
        who it was. I guess
        Jesus' photo or Mary's
        were well known,
        plus, the saints always
        had their names on
        the photos so no
        need to explain who
        it was or why it was
        there. Well, sometimes
        non-Catholics would
        ask and thought it
        was strange and like
        carrying a lucky rabbit's
        foot which is closer to
        the truth than religionists
        can/could ever admit.

        I had multiple photos
        in every room of the
        house and carried photos
        on me and had them
        on my desk at work.
        I was rather nuts.

        It was an odd time
        when the collapse
        of the DG-HK transition
        took place in 1984
        wasn't it? Many EKists
        quite when DG was
        booted in such an
        uncharitable, unpleasant,
        disagreeable, nasty, mean-
        spirited, cruel, vindictive,
        vicious, spiteful, malicious,
        callous, unsympathetic,
        unfeeling, uncaring, cold-
        hearted; unfriendly,
        inconsiderate, insensitive,
        hostile; informal bitchy,
        catty manner.

        It was getting bad at
        the start of the Youth
        Conference (April 1963)
        in St. Louis but later,
        during the seminar
        had gotten much worse.

        BTW-When I saw a
        5x7 B&W photo of
        DG blowing across
        the parking lot after
        that really strange
        seminar it startled
        me. I chased it down
        and after picking it
        up I thought this was
        a confirmation of
        Darwin's downfall.

        Many months later
        we had to meet at
        the ECK Center to
        listen to Klemp's
        talk to the H.I.s.
        Was that a July
        or October meeting?

        We were instructed
        to get rid of Darwin's
        letters he had written
        to some of us and his
        photos because they
        were dangerous to
        have due to their Black
        Magic effects upon us.

        One 4th commented
        to me when she came
        into the center, "Well,
        if Darwin's photos are
        Black Magic why aren't
        Harold's?"

        I said nothing and thought
        she didn't get it, and yet
        she made a good point.
        White Magic or Black and
        who decides what is what?
        And is White Magic really
        any better? Yes, I think it
        is. But Klemp doesn't even
        function on that high of
        a level.

        Prometheus

        dianastanley wrote:

        > > I left Eck around 25 years ago after being in the middle of the bulls++it
        between darwin and harold. They were both contacting me trying to convince me
        they were the real Mahanta.Darwin even called me one night drunk and crying
        saying he was the real master. I told him to go to bed.
        > > I saw some of the worst of activities. It was still hard to pull the
        > > plug on Eck as I had a close nit family of friends. Some like me pulled
        > > out and others stayed in. Some of them left later. I doubt there are any
        statistics about how many. They lied so much about so many things
        > > One thing has always bothered me. I did a painting of the passing of the
        > > "Rod of Power" they made a print of it,this was after Paul died.
        > > When Harod took over I was told he and a few others took the painting to the
        desert did a cerimony Burned the painting and buried it,
        > > if harold did'nt believe Darwin was the Mahanta but a con man Why did he go
        to the trouble of burning his painting? There are a lot of ways to destroy a
        painting.
        > > I am rambling.
        > > Diana Stanley
      • Non
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2012
          Interesting about the Catholic part. It makes a little more sense the way you explain it. However, in my gut, I was not able to go that far, and I was also studying about philosophy, Zen, other New Age stuff, Mysticism, Freud, Jung, Tai Chi, Yoga..... I just remember feeling more guilty about my doubts and questions, especially when I went to eck classes. There was something about the eck books and stuff that was intoxicating (toxic) and I couldn't get it out of my mind and actually hated it's affect.

          Why I had these doubts I think is because I have a very curious nature and I have always been kind of like the kid that saw that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes, but I was also afraid to say anything and would just hold it in. I think there are a lot of people like this. All they have to do is open up to a slightly higher state of proof, rather than just taking someones word for it. It is OK to be a little skeptical about everything. Those who can't let themselves feel even some slight discomfort about not being dogmatic or knowing for sure, are really very fearful, and not at all as confident or happy as they pretend to be. Prick their bubble and quite often you will get a *rage* reaction and get labeled an agent of kal or some other usual demeaning expression or ignored like shunning. In the end it is a sickness. Kudos to those of us who have made the effort to escape.

          Cheers!

          Non ; D