Re: Statistics question

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
      <giggle> Not only did I keep a photo of Klemp on the TV, I gave one to my son for his wallet & told him Harold would always protect him, and he should talk to him, etc. Years later he told me he thought I was nuts. He said he felt like there was "someone or something" always with him, but it sure as heck wasn't Klemp, and it had nothing to do with ekult.

      Anyway, when I got on the internet the first place I landed was alt.religion.eckankar, which was quite something back then! An HI told me there were evil entities on the internet and some eckists had actually experienced them coming out of the monitor. So, I put a photo of Klemp right on the wall over the monitor.

      Gotta laugh, you know? Reminds me of a silly eckstory, an eckist was riding on an airplane and "knew" it was going to crash, so she conjured up little eckanmechanics in her head to tighten all the nuts & bolts. When she debarked, she noticed the pilot and thought wow, he had *no* idea that the plane was going to crash but "the eck" saved him!

      Oh - while I think of it, Diana - did you ever think about writing a book? It would be fascinating - and I might even buy one new & full price!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non" <eckchains@...> wrote:

      > And yet there are still those who surround themselves with photos of klemp, in wallets, on dash boards, luggage tags etc.sold by eckankar inc. It is so strange, yet I guess it is just another example of how dangerous the Herd mentality is in us humans. What you describe sounds very much like any ritual done by a Nazi or the KKK, etc. and other Cults and Religions, claiming to have ultimate dogmatic truth, that is only a lot of sticky ugly lies.
      >
      > Fortunately, I think the younger generation sees through a lot of bull shit that we were drawn into because we thought that truth and authority and exotic philosophies didn't have to be questioned much. We were more easily fooled than today. It is interesting that the percentage of those unaffiliated with any Religion or Spirituality is increasing, and I hope this trend continues.
      >
      > Non ; )
      >
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Diana Stanley" <dianastanley43@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I left Eck around 25 years ago after being in the middle of the bulls++it between darwin and harold. They were both contacting me trying to convince me they were the real Mahanta.Darwin even called me one night drunk and crying saying he was the real master. I told him to go to bed.
      > > I saw some of the worst of activities. It was still hard to pull the
      > > plug on Eck as I had a close nit family of friends. Some like me pulled
      > > out and others stayed in. Some of them left later. I doubt there are any statistics about how many. They lied so much about so many things
      > > One thing has always bothered me. I did a painting of the passing of the
      > > "Rod of Power" they made a print of it,this was after Paul died.
      > > When Harod took over I was told he and a few others took the painting to the desert did a cerimony Burned the painting and buried it,
      > > if harold did'nt believe Darwin was the Mahanta but a con man Why did he go to the trouble of burning his painting? There are a lot of ways to destroy a painting.
      > > I am rambling.
      > > Diana Stanley

      > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Avonblue" <gowiththeflow1212@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone have facts on the number of members eckankar has had since its conception in the 60's; how many members have actually left over the years and how many members there are now?
      > > > It's hard for me to imagine that many people are being sucked into this organization anymore.
      > > >
      > > > Also, has there been any precedent for anyone going after eckankar for membership (dollars) return based on fraudulent representation or does the fact that they call it a membership "donation" preclude that as legal possibility?

    • Diana Stanley
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
        Sharon I think Steven King would be a better author for a book about the comings and goings about Eck Masters.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 22, 2012
          Hello Sharon and All,
          Yes, I had photos and
          wore EK jewelry. It's
          a familiar thing for
          former Catholics.

          I had additional photos
          of EK masters taped
          to the backside of
          the sun visor and
          had PT's photo in
          plain sight down by
          the ashtray. People
          would always ask
          who it was. I guess
          Jesus' photo or Mary's
          were well known,
          plus, the saints always
          had their names on
          the photos so no
          need to explain who
          it was or why it was
          there. Well, sometimes
          non-Catholics would
          ask and thought it
          was strange and like
          carrying a lucky rabbit's
          foot which is closer to
          the truth than religionists
          can/could ever admit.

          I had multiple photos
          in every room of the
          house and carried photos
          on me and had them
          on my desk at work.
          I was rather nuts.

          It was an odd time
          when the collapse
          of the DG-HK transition
          took place in 1984
          wasn't it? Many EKists
          quite when DG was
          booted in such an
          uncharitable, unpleasant,
          disagreeable, nasty, mean-
          spirited, cruel, vindictive,
          vicious, spiteful, malicious,
          callous, unsympathetic,
          unfeeling, uncaring, cold-
          hearted; unfriendly,
          inconsiderate, insensitive,
          hostile; informal bitchy,
          catty manner.

          It was getting bad at
          the start of the Youth
          Conference (April 1963)
          in St. Louis but later,
          during the seminar
          had gotten much worse.

          BTW-When I saw a
          5x7 B&W photo of
          DG blowing across
          the parking lot after
          that really strange
          seminar it startled
          me. I chased it down
          and after picking it
          up I thought this was
          a confirmation of
          Darwin's downfall.

          Many months later
          we had to meet at
          the ECK Center to
          listen to Klemp's
          talk to the H.I.s.
          Was that a July
          or October meeting?

          We were instructed
          to get rid of Darwin's
          letters he had written
          to some of us and his
          photos because they
          were dangerous to
          have due to their Black
          Magic effects upon us.

          One 4th commented
          to me when she came
          into the center, "Well,
          if Darwin's photos are
          Black Magic why aren't
          Harold's?"

          I said nothing and thought
          she didn't get it, and yet
          she made a good point.
          White Magic or Black and
          who decides what is what?
          And is White Magic really
          any better? Yes, I think it
          is. But Klemp doesn't even
          function on that high of
          a level.

          Prometheus

          dianastanley wrote:

          > > I left Eck around 25 years ago after being in the middle of the bulls++it
          between darwin and harold. They were both contacting me trying to convince me
          they were the real Mahanta.Darwin even called me one night drunk and crying
          saying he was the real master. I told him to go to bed.
          > > I saw some of the worst of activities. It was still hard to pull the
          > > plug on Eck as I had a close nit family of friends. Some like me pulled
          > > out and others stayed in. Some of them left later. I doubt there are any
          statistics about how many. They lied so much about so many things
          > > One thing has always bothered me. I did a painting of the passing of the
          > > "Rod of Power" they made a print of it,this was after Paul died.
          > > When Harod took over I was told he and a few others took the painting to the
          desert did a cerimony Burned the painting and buried it,
          > > if harold did'nt believe Darwin was the Mahanta but a con man Why did he go
          to the trouble of burning his painting? There are a lot of ways to destroy a
          painting.
          > > I am rambling.
          > > Diana Stanley
        • Non
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2012
            Interesting about the Catholic part. It makes a little more sense the way you explain it. However, in my gut, I was not able to go that far, and I was also studying about philosophy, Zen, other New Age stuff, Mysticism, Freud, Jung, Tai Chi, Yoga..... I just remember feeling more guilty about my doubts and questions, especially when I went to eck classes. There was something about the eck books and stuff that was intoxicating (toxic) and I couldn't get it out of my mind and actually hated it's affect.

            Why I had these doubts I think is because I have a very curious nature and I have always been kind of like the kid that saw that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes, but I was also afraid to say anything and would just hold it in. I think there are a lot of people like this. All they have to do is open up to a slightly higher state of proof, rather than just taking someones word for it. It is OK to be a little skeptical about everything. Those who can't let themselves feel even some slight discomfort about not being dogmatic or knowing for sure, are really very fearful, and not at all as confident or happy as they pretend to be. Prick their bubble and quite often you will get a *rage* reaction and get labeled an agent of kal or some other usual demeaning expression or ignored like shunning. In the end it is a sickness. Kudos to those of us who have made the effort to escape.

            Cheers!

            Non ; D