Re: "The Karma Seeker"

  • zephrendhun
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
      Dear Prom and all,

      Interesting thing about this book is that its original title was " The Lost Slipper of Soul " and I have that version. I also know the author who is a fine enough chap but I think Stefan is still an H.I. I believe he is an H.I. 'on the fence', so to speak. Many H.I.'s remain in Eckrakorn, hoping that Harry the Klempster will soon retire or die. Then they can see if they will become the next LEM or if Harry's replacement is ok, then they will probably continue with their delusion that Eckrakorn is a true spiritual path and not just the cult it is. Its tough being an individual and losing all of the friends and acquantences one encounters in the E-cult. But their true reason for excommunicating a long time freind is that they really have their doubts about this crap's truth as well. Besides after being a none E-cultist for a while, I have formed some significant friendships that really don't give a s**t what my religious views are. The road is lonely sometimes on one own path, but there are no lies or delusions. Divine Source loves spiritual renegades, just check out Jesus the Christ. Enuff said. Peace and chicken grease!

      Zephrendhun

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2012
        Hello Z and All,
        Yes, it is my understanding
        that he joined the E-cult
        in 1971.

        [sorry for the reposts]

        Was "The Lost Slipper
        of Soul" printed by
        Eckankar?

        BTW-It seems that the
        "Kip" character is the
        alter ego of the author.
        So, perhaps, HK isn't
        all that impressive
        of a "Master/Mahanta"
        for this H.I., and I'm
        thinking that he no
        longer buys into Twit's
        plagiarisms and fiction.

        IMO, Based upon the
        story line, many of us
        former long-time EK
        leaders could have
        written a similar book.
        And, one could easily
        substitute "Truth Seeker"
        for "Karma Seeker," and
        "ECKankar" for "League."

        FYI: I Googled his
        Karma-Seeker website
        where he gives "Card
        Readings" via phone.
        So, why would a person
        still be an H.I. If he
        does Card Readings?

        Here's some info on the
        book from Amazon.

        BOOK DESCRIPTION:

        "What is the true test of spirituality?
        Is it loyalty to a master, group, or
        teaching? Or is it having the courage
        to act on one's deepest convictions,
        even in the face of disapproval and
        sanction?

        This is the question that confronts
        Kip Morgan.

        Kip is a karma seeker—an individual
        committed to testing himself by means
        of his own choices. For such people,
        who are engaged in an experiment
        with unknown forces, there is no way
        to prove that they are fit to discover
        what they seek except by doing it.

        As a young man, Kip joins the League,
        one of the burgeoning new age spiritual
        groups of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
        He learns the fundamentals of its teachings,
        which involve cultivating inner experiences
        through contemplation, dreams, and out-
        of-body experiences.

        The high point of his experience comes
        with his initiation into the League's inner
        circle, a transcendent event that significantly
        alters his view of life. It doesn't take long,
        however, before he discovers how fragile
        this experience is, and how difficult it is
        to hold on to his new state of consciousness.

        Kip embarks on a quest that takes him
        beyond the confines of the League.

        Eventually, he comes to question the
        group's claim to exclusivity, and to see
        it as merely a portal to a universal spiritual
        path.

        As he becomes less reliant on the League
        and its members for support and guidance,
        he is torn between his personal vision of
        truth and his fear of spiritual failure. This
        puts him on a collision course with the League
        President, the group's ultimate spiritual authority.

        The Karma Seeker is a far-reaching guidebook
        to contemporary spirituality. It presents the
        reader with the essential paradigm of the modern
        spiritual path—its highs and lows, its rewards
        and pitfalls. It illustrates how individuals who
        embark on such a path are tested in the areas
        of their greatest deficiency in order to build up
        their spiritual strength, all so that they may
        eventually become active participants in their
        own destiny." [end]

        "zephrendhun" wrote:

        > Dear Prom and all,
        >
        > Interesting thing about this book is that its original title was " The Lost
        Slipper of Soul " and I have that version. I also know the author who is a fine
        enough chap but I think Stefan is still an H.I. I believe he is an H.I. 'on the
        fence', so to speak. Many H.I.'s remain in Eckrakorn, hoping that Harry the
        Klempster will soon retire or die. Then they can see if they will become the
        next LEM or if Harry's replacement is ok, then they will probably continue with
        their delusion that Eckrakorn is a true spiritual path and not just the cult it
        is. Its tough being an individual and losing all of the friends and acquantences
        one encounters in the E-cult. But their true reason for excommunicating a long
        time freind is that they really have their doubts about this crap's truth as
        well. Besides after being a none E-cultist for a while, I have formed some
        significant friendships that really don't give a s**t what my religious views
        are. The road is lonely sometimes on one own path, but there are no lies or
        delusions. Divine Source loves spiritual renegades, just check out Jesus the
        Christ. Enuff said. Peace and chicken grease!

        > Zephrendhun
      • Sharon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2012
          So, another eckanborg crawls out of the woodwork, selling a book and card readings, much like the Twitchster when he started out - so, Stefan, what are you going to call your "path" when you get enough followers? Or don't you have a name for it yet?

          So, you're keeping your membership and HI "status" - understandable, like Jerry Mulvin to Ford Johnson, ekult is a good source of new members. Are you afraid to lose those initiations and return to the consciousness of a rock? And wander for eternity in astral hell until you come crawling back to "the master"?

          You don't want ECKANKAR mentioned in book reviews at Amazon? Why not? You've got ECKANKAR at the top of your links list at your karmaseeker website.

          It's so sad what 20 years in ekult does to people. I doubt very much if you "get" what's wrong with this whole picture, with what you're doing.

          I left ekult because honesty and integrity are important to me. Two qualities which are lacking in ekult as an organization, and in so many of its members, especially those who've been in it for many years.

          "a far-reaching guidebook to contemporary spirituality" ???????

          I think not.

          Sharon

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
            Hello Sharon and All,