Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: An article that mentions klemp

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2012
      I guess that what I meant was that once a person recognizes the fear that he has allowed to over come his senses, a natural reaction is to then get angry.  I know I felt very angry for the first few years after I left.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2012
        For my few cents worth, whether anger or fear has an opposite is interesting. Lack of anger may be apathy, but it also may be denial and delusion. Repression of anger may lead to depression and then even fear of all emotions, hence the eck indifference called Love.

        Then again, anger and fear are very closely tied together biologically in the fight/flight response. If this is shut down too much, you just become mush mush, an eck blob borg, or a hypocritical abuser of those lower in initiations. Such is the Way of a False hierarchical RELIGION/CULT eckankar.

        I've been seeing ADS in the Newspaper for eckankar "Worship Services" in the section with all the other Churches, competing and quite a few more New Age "Secret" type religions/Cults. Man, take your pick. eckankar is just worse, in my book because of the godman living eck master crap, which they don't advertise up front and that is just dishonest.

        Non ; )

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Janice Pfeiffer <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

        > I guess that what I meant was that once a person recognizes the fear that he has allowed to over come his senses, a natural reaction is to then get angry.  I know I felt very angry for the first few years after I left.

      • Russ Rodnick
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2012
          our innate feeling of anger that drives us to resist the bullshit of the cult and its illogical, improbable and absurd notions

          This may be your experience but it isn't mine. All this is is justification of anger as if anger is the best we have. It's about survival, when threatened we either succumb or fight back. It's instinct and necessary but to continue to be angry after the threat is gone is not in my opinion a healthy place. But it's a choice. Anger may have gotten you out of Eckankar but for me it was just that I couldn't justify the contradictions anymore and why should I?

          The reality of the higher planes is real; so thanks to Eckankar for the cosmology because it gave me a better picture of reality. (I know, they plaigarized the cosmology) but this is where I really go it. I parted ways with them over the whole "Mahanta, the LEM" thing.

          I still say, whatever gets you through the night. I found that I don't need to have my hand held, so to speak. But anger? Nah, I reject that, beyond the situation where I said shove it.

          It burns if you keep manifesting it and becomes your chronic state. At least this is MY experience.

          Russ

          --- In mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous%40yahoogroups.com, Janice Pfeiffer <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the article.  The truth is Klemp can't conceive that any eckist would feel anger or at least not toward him or eckankar because after all how could they, since eckankar and the mahanta is the answer for everything in their lives.  In eckankar anger is very wrong and is believed to show a lack of adjustment to the concepts of eckankar.  It means you are not properly brain washed.  While in, I think I felt more bewildered than angry.
          >
          > Klemp doesn't care that all of us who woke up from our eckankar induced stupor are angry about the lies and deceit because we are now considered unworthy misfits anyway.  If I am remembering right, supposedly, according to eckankar, we are all damned for simply walking away and will have to re-ingratiate ourselves at some point with our present lem.  Perish the thought!
          >
          > Fear is what eckankar uses to keep people from guestioning the lem or the operation of the org.  Anger is the opposite of fear.  So therefore, angry eckist would only be those who are ready to get out of eckankar.   Of course that is undesirable in an eckist and  one of the main reasons you aren't allowed to ask questions about why Paul lied and why they continue to lie to get new people in.  I believe when you learn the truth about how eckankar was founded and how it operates, you come to a changing point.  You either become self delusional to stay in or the lies drive you away.
          >
          > Instead of eckankar admitting that the lies are a problem, they label the ones who are offended by the lies as misfits.  The whole concept is insane in itself for an org that talks so much about spiritual truth.  How can you justify obviously lies and call it spiritual truth?  That is what they do and if you don't buy it, you are of no use to them.  You are not willing to deceive yourself for the sake of eckankar.
          >
          > My only question for you is why is the subject of anger so disturbing for you?  Are you uncomfortable with what you are feeling?  Can you clarify for yourself why you are angry or what the concept of anger means to you?
          >
          > The article speaks of how anger can be a good catalyst for needed change.  I think that is the key to handling it well.  Anger is something normal that we all feel.  To say different would be a lie.  I think when anger is acute, it shows a need to change whatever causes it whether it is a change in self or the external conditions that caused it.  I believe that is what prompted most of us to get out of insane eckankar.
          >
          > You are as normal as anyone else with your anger.  I hope you can clarify it and use it for your own good.  You obviously are most intelligent and capable of handling it.
          >
          > With much high regards from another feeling eckist.  good luck and please be kind to yourself.

        • harrisonferrel
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
            Your question: "My only question for you is why is the subject of anger so disturbing for you? Are you uncomfortable with what you are feeling? Can you clarify for yourself why you are angry or what the concept of anger means to you? "

            ANSWER: Through Eckankar I've met a number of people who talked about anger being an evil of sorts. This is a common thread among cults — to call someone angry. The idea is basically to keep people from getting angry at the nonsense you're peddling. Klemp and Twitchell talked about the evils of anger. The problem of course is that anger is a tool that any normal mind has; it motivates people to stand up for themselves and to oppose groups like eckankar that are trying to get away with injuring people.

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
              Hello Harrison and All,
              Most Eck H.I.s are as
              two-faced as Klemp.
              One face is shown when
              in public and the other
              face is shown when
              doing EK business.

              I've angered other
              H.I.s so much (regarding
              EK business) that
              they've hung up on
              me! One was a RESA!
              I was the one frustrated
              with getting people
              (H.I.s) attuned to the
              programs or positions
              they had signed up
              for. The business side
              of Eckankar was very
              stressful, not fun, and
              was very unrewarding.

              So, being nice, for
              many H.I.s, is all an
              act. And most times
              the business side of
              Eckankar brings it out.
              Their angry and negative
              tendencies are merely
              denied, hidden, and
              swept under the rug
              "as if" it doesn't exist.
              Just put on a happy face!

              However, the biggest
              EK excuse is that the
              anger was "mocked up"
              in order to express
              a point or to better
              communicate with
              someone on a lower
              level of consciousness.
              I'm sure you wouldn't
              be surprised to know
              how often this excuse
              is used.

              Twitchell was good
              at making up excuses
              when questioned about
              contradictions of non-
              spiritual behaviour of
              his H.I.s such as anger.
              But, Twitchell was an
              expert liar, manipulator,
              and conman. He had
              to cover-up his own
              hypocrisy (as does Klemp)
              and that of his long-time
              followers with convincing
              rationalizations. EKists
              merely pretend, dream,
              deny the truth, and play
              the game of follow-the-
              leader.

              Prometheus

              harrisonferrel wrote:

              > > Here's an article mentioning klemp and the anger nonsense he instills in
              people.

              http://moosebusiness.com/anger-doesnt-always-need-managing/
            • postekcon
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                I consider 'anger' to be one of the most important human traits, and one which separates us from the animal kingdom. Most folks are afraid of anger. They think it just means hollering at your neighbor or life etc. But on a scale of one to ten, that's at the high end.

                Without anger, the human race would behave in zombie fashion, there would be no enterprise, no advancement, no athletes etc., no betterment in anything at all. I am not a medical person, but I know there there is a link between adrenaline and anger. The rising of adrenaline is linked to survival and 'get-up-and-go'. In humans anger is a natural emotional response which directly triggers adrenaline. I believe that without adrenaline there would be no human action for change or betterment etc.

                This is why in ekult 'anger' is incorrectly portrayed as an evil passion of the mind, and so much attention is put upon its natural suppression. Ekult's objective is to have passive zombie followers - and it works!
                -Postekcon

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                  Hello Postekcon and All,
                  I agree that anger is natural,