Re: Five Points for Those Leaving ECKANKAR by S...

  • jjamie1977
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
      wrote:
      > This is interesting! It has been a long time since I have read
      anything
      > from James Davis.
      >
      > I met him at an HI retreat here in MI in 1999. He was the guest
      speaker,
      > and signing his new book. Even then he was sounding like he was
      having doubts
      > about eckankrap. Just as I was.... I spent the entire weekend
      crying and
      > questioning why I was having such terrible strong doubts!
      >
      > Come to find out I wasn't alone. I have corresponded with numerous
      ex
      > eckist that was struggling with the same issues around this same
      time frame.

      > Thanks for posting this Mish
      >
      > Liz

      when i got my pink slip for my next initiation, i was happy. i made
      all the arrangements with the initiator (who lived in another town).
      after the little ceremony was over, i started my drive home. i
      stopped somewhere along the route home, at a park, sat down and cried
      my heart out. all i felt was emptiness. that was the beginning of the
      end for me in terms of my eck life.

      jamie...