Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: 2012 ECK Worldwide Seminar Oct. 19-21

  • Russ Rodnick
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 23, 2012
      I am of the opinion that your comments are right on. However, there are logical reasons to accept the presence of security screening in this day and age. I don't neccesarily think HK can be faulted for agreeing to these measures. The vast differences between the idea of receiving one on one with the Mahanta on the inner planes and the dumbed down  messages and stories one can expect at every Eckankar event, class, workshop are noteworthy. On the one hand you have the promise of a personal teacher and the on the other, a kumbaya style of hanging around the campfire and feeling good about how high we are.

      For some of us though, Eckankar did give some helpful advice on a personal level at least, I had some great take aways. As far as spiritual development goes I don't really think it delivers because the leaders are, as you say, "in the dark" themselves. People need to understand for themselves. Thankfully, I took John Lennon's message to heart. The song Imagine really speaks to me. "No religions too". And Bob Dylan's too. "Beware of leaders, and watch the parking meters".

      Now I do feel good.

      Peace out!

      Russ

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 25, 2012
        That's always been one of the hard things for me to understand about eckankar members.  After about a year, I could not help but notice that the money flow was only one way.  No money was provided for the centers to do eckankar work that I know of from Minneapolis.  Why is it they don't see that it is all about money for the corporation?  No charity work is done and even the seminar cost is paid by those who attend.  After a while it becomes obvious that it is all about profit although no one ever says it.  Why don't the members ask where all the money they send from book sales, local functions, seminars and dues goes?  I guess it would be considered disrespectful to question the lem or his spiritual advisors about money matters since obviously their intentions must be of the highest spiritual nature.

        Interesting that the Klempster doesn't just offer is "Talks" for free on YouTube instead of charging $30 to $50 bucks (i think that's the amount). That pretty much says all you need to know about ECKANKULT.

> [...]

      • Russ Rodnick
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 26, 2012
          Very true. Donations are huge.

          There are a number of HI's who have built huge multi level marketing businesses with Eckist's as their primary customer. One I know of told me she wrote a check for $1m to help with the building of the temple.

          Even Gail Twitchell sold vitamins to eckists.

          We are so gullible. The capitalist model is alive and well at eckankar. Business first. Meanwhile, people can suffer but who cares we're all taken care of spiritually. No need to feel anything but happy. Because soul is a happy entity.  No remorse at all.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
            Hello Russ and All,
            I don't believe there
            is a logical reason for
            the increased security.
            Really!

            BTW- I blame Klemp
            for Hurricane Sandy!

            Why would either Muslim
            terrorists or the Aryan
            Brotherhood and/or Tea
            Bagging nut cases target
            Klemp? And wouldn't
            Eckists, in general, be
            targeted? However, extra
            security measures are only
            taken for Klemp's talks!

            Besides, isn't HK at least
            as powerful and all knowing
            as the 4th plane "God"
            (i.e. KAL) that other religions
            worship? According to
            EK dogma and his own
            words, Klemp, the 14th
            Plane Mahanta/LEM is
            more powerful!

            Besides, if targeted (which
            isn't likely) shouldn't
            HK sacrifice himself as
            a martyr to his beliefs
            as did his past life "boyhood
            friend" 2nd Initiate Jesus?

            Really, though, Klemp had
            more of a chance of slipping
            on black ice and breaking
            his hip than getting shot
            by a terrorist. Which he did!
            LOL!

            That one really got me
            and shows that he's on
            the same "level" as his
            chelas and H.I.s!

            FYI-Klemp claims that in
            a past life, Jesus, was his
            boyhood friend. LOL!
            What a liar and narcissist!

            Klemp reminds me of
            Romney, another liar,
            who thinks he's fulfilling
            the Mormon "White Horse
            Prophecy" that the pedophile
            and conman Joseph Smith
            created. Twitchell created
            Eckankar, L. Ron Hubbard
            created Scientology, and
            Joseph Smith created LDS.
            All were conmen and liars!

            Anyway, when one takes
            extreme measures with
            Metal Detectors, Bag Searches,
            and Security Guards for
            oneself, only, and not the
            EK Membership as a whole
            it shows the extent of Klemp's
            fears.

            Where is the detachment
            and the trust in the ECK
            that Klemp preaches?

            As far as what we learned-
            Much of Eckankar was
            "borrowed" and this, too,
            was distortions and lies
            as well. Sant Mat is still
            teaching codependency
            via a hierarchy.

            True, we, who bought into
            the whole Mahanta scam,
            but who broke away, have
            learned and realized much.

            However, any New Age
            Spiritual Search would do
            the same. We broadened
            our own perspectives via
            our own desires to search
            for Truth. And, we broadened
            our minds more than those
            8ths and 9ths who stayed.

            It was us and not ECK or
            ECKankar. We learned to
            discover or rediscover our
            own true Selves and Its
            Freedom to Soar despite
            Eckankar's dogmatic confinement
            and Klemp's manipulations
            of codependency and lies.
            Listening to or reading
            Klemp's dribble is like
            listening to and believing
            propaganda from Fox News!

            Prometheus

            From: Non <eckchains@...

            prometheus wrote:

            > Yes, it's this weekend,
> [...]
          • robokidnx
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012

              I think the answer is simple. Kelmp and his fundie supporters are afraid of ex-members returning posessed by the devil...er...Kal.

              > Hello Russ and All,
              > I don't believe there
              > is a logical reason for
              > the increased security.
              > Really!
            • harrisonferrel
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 9, 2012
                Prometheus:
                I can't say how much I've enjoyed your comments over the years on this site for survivors of the lunatic cult (redundant phrase, I know) called eckankar.

                This is a gem that you wrote:

                Klemp reminds me of
                Romney, another liar,
                who thinks he's fulfilling
                the Mormon "White Horse
                Prophecy" that the pedophile
                and conman Joseph Smith
                created. Twitchell created
                Eckankar, L. Ron Hubbard
                created Scientology, and
                Joseph Smith created LDS.
                All were conmen and liars!

                Kudos!!!!

> [...]
                > oneself, only, and not the
                > EK Membership as a whole
                > it shows the extent of Klemp's
                > fears.
                >
                > Where is the detachment
                > and the trust in the ECK
                > that Klemp preaches?
                >
                > As far as what we learned-
                > Much of Eckankar was
                > "borrowed" and this, too,
                > was distortions and lies
                > as well. Sant Mat is still
                > teaching codependency
                > via a hierarchy.
                >
                > True, we, who bought into
                > the whole Mahanta scam,
                > but who broke away, have
                > learned and realized much.
                >
                > However, any New Age
                > Spiritual Search would do
                > the same. We broadened
                > our own perspectives via
                > our own desires to search
                > for Truth. And, we broadened
                > our minds more than those
                > 8ths and 9ths who stayed.
                >
                > It was us and not ECK or
                > ECKankar. We learned to
                > discover or rediscover our
                > own true Selves and Its
                > Freedom to Soar despite
                > Eckankar's dogmatic confinement
                > and Klemp's manipulations
                > of codependency and lies.
                > Listening to or reading
                > Klemp's dribble is like
                > listening to and believing
                > propaganda from Fox News!
                >
                > Prometheus
                >

                > Russ Rodnick wrote:
                > I am of the opinion that your comments are right on. However, there are logical reasons to accept the presence of security screening in this day and age. I don't neccesarily think HK can be faulted for agreeing to these measures. The vast differences between the idea of receiving one on one with the Mahanta on the inner planes and the dumbed down messages and stories one can expect at every Eckankar event, class, workshop are noteworthy. On the one hand you have the promise of a personal teacher and the on the other, a kumbaya style of hanging around the campfire and feeling good about how high we are.
                >
                > For some of us though, Eckankar did give some helpful advice on a personal level at least, I had some great take aways. As far as spiritual development goes I don't really think it delivers because the leaders are, as you say, "in the dark" themselves. People need to understand for themselves. Thankfully, I took John Lennon's message to heart. The song Imagine really speaks to me. "No religions too". And Bob Dylan's too. "Beware of leaders, and watch the parking meters".
                >
                > Now I do feel good.
                >
                > Peace out!
                >
                > Russ
                >
                > From: Non <eckchains@...
                >
                > Interesting that the Klempster doesn't just offer is "Talks" for free on YouTube instead of charging $30 to $50 bucks (i think that's the amount). That pretty much says all you need to know about ECKANKULT.

              • harrisonferrel
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 9, 2012
                  Klemp wants security because he is a bullshit conman like his predecessors and knows that he has created a lot of enemies over the many years of his reign. Eventually somebody's going to clock this guy and he'll deserve it. I only wish I could be there to see it happen.

                  And by the way, if I seem angry, I am. As I've stated in the past, one of the most absurd and manipulative things klemp and his band of merry followers have proffered is the idea that anger is somehow a bad thing. Why? Because angry people create a challenge and a problem. And an angry person is the kind they are afraid of.