Re: Becoming a New Member and/or Posting Comments on this site:

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 11, 2012
      Hello Non eckchains,
      I'll have to admit that
      I didn't like "What the Bleep."
      I know it had a big Canadian
      following like Adam Dreamhealer
      who, btw, also used the
      Quantum whatever speak.
      Dreamhealer is a young
      con artist whose father, mother,
      and sister were all part of
      the con. Adam had a ghost
      writer co-author and do his
      first book. Have you ever heard
      the New Age term "organic"
      being used to describe all
      sorts of things. It's like with
      "quantum." All of these people
      are looking for a following
      and to use the right "hook"
      depending upon their audience
      of perspective suckers... like
      with Eckankar.

      Prometheus

      "Non" eckchains wrote:
      Just had to respond about What the Bleep... and how it had a lot to do with
      Ramtha, I believe, who was a woman claiming to channel and this was a very
      Cultic group. Anyway, be careful about exchanging one Cult for another. Quantum
      physics is very interesting and may apply in some cases to what you can call
      Soul or Being etc., but even quantum physicists admit that it all depends on the
      micro or the macro. Newtonian physics is just as valid as quantum physics,
      depending on what you're looking at and what you're trying to do, like walking
      across the street vs. a scientific lab with special equipment and so on.

      For me it's that there is a presence that I am a part of, but I'm also a social
      animal and what I know is always in process, and also what I don't know. Are
      there really any Known Knowns anyway : )? I used to have this feeling of
      exquisite ecstasy when I just let my thoughts flow and be and there would be a
      gap when this state would happen and it was non-conceptual. I sometimes envy
      animals when they are in a state of just being. But then they have to survive
      and change into a hunter or prey....

      I saw that Movie The Master and this Cult leader keeps referring to the supposed
      real state Of "Perfect", that is so obviously absurd when you really look at it.
      We can only do our best imo. Sometimes it's really nice and sometimes not, or
      just is what it is.

      We'd all be a lot better off if we could just increasingly develop a sense of
      overall compassion, cause us humans have more responsibility imo, because we
      have brains that give us more options for good or worse.

      Just my take, but I shy away from anything that starts to sound like another
      dogma. We don't really know anything do we. We can only theorize about reality
      and our experience is then kind of a virtual reality, but even that can get too
      carried away. Just like the wild animal in its element, but that too only goes
      so far. Those who can't adapt and lack flexibility become extinct sooner or
      later...... eckankar like other new age religions are kind of on their last
      legs, but a lot of people still get fooled by the grandiosity and the
      pretentious fake promises.

      Non ; )

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Lady Rowan <ladyrowan07@...>
      wrote:

      > Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I
      thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any
      kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion
      or following. About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What
      The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it
      fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically
      the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people
      like me), but again always hungered for more. Another fav is Brian Greene's
      The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string
      theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for
      this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but IÂ got
      the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and
      still have a hard time wrapping my mind
      > around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most
      High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate
      any of it, as it is so rich. But I do like the fact that science has
      acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to
      me) way.  It's awesome. Rowan Â

      Comments on this site: