New Examples - Paraphrasing, Plagiarisms, etc.

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2012
      Three letters (in sequence) from letters to Gail, Volume 3, read similar to Beyond Power - Chapter 3, The Thunder of Silence, by Joel S. Goldsmith

      Chapter 11 from The Tiger's Fang (The Worship of Moloch) reads similar to The Devil's Guard, by Talbot Mundy, first published in 1926.

      http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300661.txt

      Chapter from Dialogues With The Master (THE LORD SOHANG SPEAKS) reads similar to 1913 book by Ali Nomad (alias Dr. Alexander J. McIvor-Tyndall) called Cosmic Consciousness.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmicconsciousn00nomaiala#page/2/mode/2up

      ***

      I mention these new findings and illustrate some examples on a.r.e. threads.

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/alt.religion.eckankar/e65ktbBxHiw

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/alt.religion.eckankar/Ofuu8cKUdmY

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/alt.religion.eckankar/9_e16rhw3gA

      ***

      Btw, if anybody wants to find examples of paraphrasing, plagiarisms, etc. in a.r.e. archives just search for keyword: 41391720. This should bring up most of the examples I have found.

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!searchin/alt.religion.eckankar/41391720

      Some months ago I started to tag plagiarism examples with that number so I (and others) could later go back and find them more easily.

      There are still old posts I haven't tagged (marked) yet, but when I come across them in the future I will.

      ***

      IMO, nobody knows how many examples are still out there to be found, because nobody is really looking. Well, almost nobody :)
    • Non
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2012
        Finding more examples of eckankar plagiarism is OK by me. I don't know how you do it and find the time. I guess we all have our own personal obsession and passions. But even the original out of print stuff was also an attempt in most cases to start a "new" religious movement at the time that was probably some kind of fiction, imo.

        Non ; )