Re: Becoming a New Member and/or Posting Comments on this site:

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21 10:04 AM

      that have led us to where we
      are now... wherever that is!
      I'm sure that it's still in flux
      as we continue to explore
      within our own semi-established
      beliefs.

      Prometheus

      "Lady" wrote:
      Just to clarify, really the only time I felt dismissed and had problems with the
      mixed messages I was getting, was when I went to class to learn about Eck at the
      group center. I only attended worship a few times, and found it VERY
      boring...yawn... But, a man (outside of Eck) who later became a friend that
      introduced me to Eck, was always very polite and kind, and told me what I wanted
      to know when I asked, but I really didn't always asked specific questions, I
      just wanted to know the spiritual stuff. Then a lady (also outside of Eck) who
      became a friend of mine told me she was an Eck, and she was pretty informative,
      but I couldn't wrap my head around all the details. She had been pagan, like I
      was at the time, and so we did talk a lot about soul travel and things like
      that. But, her life was so messed up and she was always so depressed, I
      wondered how her spiritual knowledge was helping her since she didn't seem to
      live it.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      > "[...] When Buddha was a poor, hungry beggar in pursuit of his
      > spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did
      > when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Rebazar
      > Tarzs might have commanded any army, so great was his mental energy,
      > walked the dusty streets when in his youth, tired and hungry, in order
      > that he might carry the spiritual message to the multitudes, his
      > greatness eclipsed all the splendors of this world. [....]"
      >
      > Based on: Letters to Gail, Volume 1, by Paul Twitchell (d. 1971),
      > Copyright 1973 ECKANKAR, Original copyright 1973 by Gail A. Twitchell;
      > copyright transferred to ECKANKAR 1982, 5th Printing-1983, p. 117, 2nd
      > paragraph.
      >
      > Are Gopal Das, Lai Tsi and Rebazar Tarzs all Jesus? Wait just a minute.
      > Don't forget Yaubl Sacabi.
      >
      > Here's another interesting quote (search the link pages for
      > corresponding quotes).
      >
      > TKTE - p. 40

      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0KObtCQpPKbZDhiNjhkZmQtNjI5Yy00ZTZlLWJjZDYtYjY3\
      Yzg1Y2I4Mzhj/edit?pli=1

      > PTP p. 21

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/82916572/Practicing-the-Presence-of-God-Joel-S-Goldsmi\
      th

      prometheus wrote:
> [...]
      > though an older EK discourse
      > uses the Crown Chakra technique.
      >
      > Other than that it's all about
      > selling and supporting Klemp's
      > ego and the EK Organization
      > which is Klemp's inherited
      > vocation and spiritual con.
      >
      > Thus, the survival of the EK
      > Org. and support of Klemp's
      > second rate books will continue
      > to be the central focus of Eckankar
      >
      > Prometheus
      >

      > Janice Pfeiffer wrote:

      > Thank you Lady for expressing just how I felt while I was in. You did
      > it so well. Looking back, I am wondering if a lot of high initiates
      > shy away from answering questions for newbies because they are afraid
      > they will say something that is frowned upon by Minneapolis and also
      > like you say show they don't know a lot anyway. When I was very new
      > and would talk about some experience I had, I often wondered if it was
      > jealousy that made some of them snap at me because I did so. It was
      > kind of like as a newbie, they couldn't tolerate you having experiences
      > they had not had. Thanks again for your posting.
      >
      > Lady wrote:
      >
      > Hello Prometheus et al. The reason I joined this group mostly is
      > because I was curious. I was actually googling the "Hu" looking for
      > some history behind it other than what Eck says it is and this came up.
      > I still enjoy singing the Hu, but I like chanting and doing chakra
      > clearing, etc. But, wow, I was so surprised to find out there were
      > people who felt about Eck like I did. I wasn't in it very long, but
      > having been a seeker for such a long time, I just had this feeling
      > somethings were just off. The biggest red flags for me was when I would
      > ask a higher intiate any questions, I just got the brush off and
      > eventually realized that most of them probably didn't know much more
      > than I did. I was born into the Catholic church, and I felt like every
      > time I asked a question, it was like I was committing a 'sin.' LOL!!!
      > But, I was looking for spiritual truth, not someone else's philosophy,
      > and although I felt that most of the people were nice and polite
      > enough, there was no re al substance, just regurgitated words of the
      > same thing. I have no animosity toward HK or Eck, probably because I
      > wasn't in that long, but it's nice to know I'm not deluded...which is
      > how I felt they were treating me when I wanted to know more. It's like
      > thinking I'm crazy when I finally come to realize everyone else around
      > me is and I'm the only sane one...It reminds me of the Twilight Zone
      > episode where this beautiful girl's face is wrapped in gauze, and the
      > doctors come in with surgical masks on and tell her they did their
      > best, but there was nothing they could do, that she would remain ugly
      > for the rest of her life, and they take their masks off and all have
      > pig faces...anyway. We can only hope the best for those still caught in
      > the deception, but I believe somewhere in their 'knower' that they know

      Rowan.
    • Lady Rowan
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 22 11:04 AM
        Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion or following.  About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people like me), but again always hungered for more.  Another fav is Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but I got the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and still have a hard time wrapping my mind around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate any of it, as it is so rich.  But I do like the fact that science has acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to me) way.  It's awesome.  Rowan

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
          Just had to respond about What the Bleep... and how it had a lot to do with Ramtha, I believe, who was a woman claiming to channel and this was a very Cultic group. Anyway, be careful about exchanging one Cult for another. Quantum physics is very interesting and may apply in some cases to what you can call Soul or Being etc., but even quantum physicists admit that it all depends on the micro or the macro. Newtonian physics is just as valid as quantum physics, depending on what you're looking at and what you're trying to do, like walking across the street vs. a scientific lab with special equipment and so on.

          For me it's that there is a presence that I am a part of, but I'm also a social animal and what I know is always in process, and also what I don't know. Are there really any Known Knowns anyway : )? I used to have this feeling of exquisite ecstasy when I just let my thoughts flow and be and there would be a gap when this state would happen and it was non-conceptual. I sometimes envy animals when they are in a state of just being. But then they have to survive and change into a hunter or prey....

          I saw that Movie The Master and this Cult leader keeps referring to the supposed real state Of "Perfect", that is so obviously absurd when you really look at it. We can only do our best imo. Sometimes it's really nice and sometimes not, or just is what it is.

          We'd all be a lot better off if we could just increasingly develop a sense of overall compassion, cause us humans have more responsibility imo, because we have brains that give us more options for good or worse.

          Just my take, but I shy away from anything that starts to sound like another dogma. We don't really know anything do we. We can only theorize about reality and our experience is then kind of a virtual reality, but even that can get too carried away. Just like the wild animal in its element, but that too only goes so far. Those who can't adapt and lack flexibility become extinct sooner or later...... eckankar like other new age religions are kind of on their last legs, but a lot of people still get fooled by the grandiosity and the pretentious fake promises.

          Non ; )

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Lady Rowan <ladyrowan07@...> wrote:

          > Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion or following.  About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people like me), but again always hungered for more.  Another fav is Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but I got the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and still have a hard time wrapping my mind
          > around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate any of it, as it is so rich.  But I do like the fact that science has acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to me) way.  It's awesome.  Rowan
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Lady Rowan
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2012
            Yup, I agree with you about Ramtha...she creeps me out, even in the movie...but I'm talking about the science of quantum physics, M theory, and string theory, which have nothing to do with JZ Knight's 'religion' and to me, very disturbing teaching if you see all of it.  I just find it very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  R

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 11, 2012
              Hello Non eckchains,
              I'll have to admit that
              I didn't like "What the Bleep."
              I know it had a big Canadian
              following like Adam Dreamhealer
              who, btw, also used the
              Quantum whatever speak.
              Dreamhealer is a young
              con artist whose father, mother,
              and sister were all part of
              the con. Adam had a ghost
              writer co-author and do his
              first book. Have you ever heard
              the New Age term "organic"
              being used to describe all
              sorts of things. It's like with
              "quantum." All of these people
              are looking for a following
              and to use the right "hook"
              depending upon their audience
              of perspective suckers... like
              with Eckankar.

              Prometheus

              wrote:

              > Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I
              thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any
              kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion
              or following. About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What
              The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it
              fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically
              the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people
              like me), but again always hungered for more. Another fav is Brian Greene's
              The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string
              theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for
              this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but IÂ got
              the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and
              still have a hard time wrapping my mind
              > around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most
              High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate
              any of it, as it is so rich. But I do like the fact that science has
              acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to
              me) way.  It's awesome. Rowan Â