Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Becoming a New Member and/or Posting Comments on this site:

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
      "Klemp has even revamped people's experiences of having seen Jesus by
      having Ekists show them pics of Gopal Das, whereby, they suddenly
      realized that it wasn't Jesus after all. It was a mistake in identity
      and was actually Gopal Das whom they saw!"

      ***

      That's ironic. Here's why.

       The Flute Of God by Paul Twitchell as it appeared in installment in
      Orion Magazine. Ch. I, Par. 41:

      "When Jesus looked upon His people and said, `I cannot tell you
      more because you cannot hear the whole truth.' He was saying that they
      were so far down the spiral of life they could not grasp His meaning.
      To tell them all would bring disorder into their lives, for once
      exposed to Truth, those not understanding develop hostility."

         The Flute Of God by Paul Twitchell as published by Illuminated
      Way Press (1970). Ch. I, Par. 42:

      "When the ECK Master, Gopal Das, looked upon his people and said,
      `I cannot tell you more because you cannot hear the whole ECK,' he was
      saying that they were so far down the spiral of life they could not
      grasp his meaning. To tell them would bring disorder into their lives,
      for once exposed to Truth, those not understanding develop hostility."

      The Flute Of God by Paul Twitchell as it appeared in installments in
      Orion Magazine. Chapter II - "The Symbol of The Princes":

      Par. 12: "Therefore, the principal (sic) involved here is: `We
      live and have our being in the Supreme Being.' Jesus said it in another
      way as `we move and have our being in God.' Other savants e.g.,
      Jalalddin Maulana Rumi put it another way, `Divine Grace is not limited
      by the conditions of ability, but ability, in fact, is conditioned by
      Divine Grace.'"

       The Flute Of God by Paul Twitchell as published by Illuminated Way
      Press (1970). Chapter II - "The Symbol of The Princes":

      Par. 11: "Therefore, the principle involved here is,`We live and
      have our being in the Supreme Being.' Lai Tsi, the Chinese ECK Master,
      said it this way, `We live and move and have our being in the SUGMAD.'
      Other savants state it in a slightly different vein. For instance,
      Jalaluddin Maulana Rumi said, `Divine Grace is not limited by the
      conditions of ability - but ability, in fact, is conditioned by Divine
      Grace.'"

      http://webspace.webring.com/people/de/eckcult/chapters/tmsm5.html

      OK. You'll love this next one :)

      "[...] When the great Buddha was a poor hungry beggar in pursuit of his
      spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did
      when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Jesus,
      who might have commanded any army — so great was his mental energy —
      walked the dusty streets, tired and hungry in order that he might carry
      the bread of life to the multitudes, his greatness eclipsed all the
      splendors of Rome. [....]"

      Based on: The Path Of The Masters - THE GREAT WORK OF THE MASTERS, p.
      432, 2nd paragraph.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      "[...] When Buddha was a poor, hungry beggar in pursuit of his
      spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did
      when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Rebazar
      Tarzs might have commanded any army, so great was his mental energy,
      walked the dusty streets when in his youth, tired and hungry, in order
      that he might carry the spiritual message to the multitudes, his
      greatness eclipsed all the splendors of this world. [....]"

      Based on: Letters to Gail, Volume 1, by Paul Twitchell (d. 1971),
      Copyright 1973 ECKANKAR, Original copyright 1973 by Gail A. Twitchell;
      copyright transferred to ECKANKAR 1982, 5th Printing-1983, p. 117, 2nd
      paragraph.

      Are Gopal Das, Lai Tsi and Rebazar Tarzs all Jesus? Wait just a minute.
      Don't forget Yaubl Sacabi.

      Here's another interesting quote (search the link pages for
      corresponding quotes).

      TKTE - p. 40

      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0KObtCQpPKbZDhiNjhkZmQtNjI5Yy00ZTZlLWJjZDYtYjY3Yzg1Y2I4Mzhj/edit?pli=1

      PTP p. 21

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/82916572/Practicing-the-Presence-of-God-Joel-S-Goldsmith

      Notice how Jesus and Father - in Goldsmith's version - appear where Eck
      Master Yaubl Sacabi & Sugmad appear in Twitchell's version. Notice also
      the many words in Twitchell's version similar to those in Goldsmith's
      version.

      Are they all Jesus? The earlier versions don't mention Eck Masters. By
      the looks of it those Eck Masters were used to cover-up the earlier
      text.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
        Just to clarify, really the only time I felt dismissed and had problems with the mixed messages I was getting, was when I went to class to learn about Eck at the group center. I only attended worship a few times, and found it VERY boring...yawn... But, a man (outside of Eck) who later became a friend that introduced me to Eck, was always very polite and kind, and told me what I wanted to know when I asked, but I really didn't always asked specific questions, I just wanted to know the spiritual stuff. Then a lady (also outside of Eck) who became a friend of mine told me she was an Eck, and she was pretty informative, but I couldn't wrap my head around all the details. She had been pagan, like I was at the time, and so we did talk a lot about soul travel and things like that. But, her life was so messed up and she was always so depressed, I wondered how her spiritual knowledge was helping her since she didn't seem to live it.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
          Hello Lady, Etznab, Janice, and All,
          As far as my religious views...
          well, I can't even say I'm a pagan.
          I don't believe in any religion.
          In some ways I'm both theist
          and deist, thus, I'm neither
          agnostic or atheist. I do believe
          that a deity or deities of some
          sort exist or existed and they
          began or seeded the universes.

          And, (IMO) I believe that there
          is some sort of "intervention."
          This is merely one reason as
          to why "spiritual/religious"
          experiences i.e. miracles were
          explained. People will naturally
          imagine/create, via the mind,
          all sorts of things. Religions
          have simply used these events/
          experiences to reenforce their
          hold upon people. Still, IMO,
          there are unexplainable mysterious
          non-religious connections.
          We can even call this a Soul
          to Soul connection linked to
          an overall network (Over-Soul
          i.e. Spirit).

          Thus, I do believe that there
          is a divine harmony of "spirit,"
          whereby, people can experience
          and/or tap into this "divine"
          (or not) mental-energy source.
          IMO We are all "plugged" into
          this network by various ways
          and means and at various
          levels (not planes).

          There are many variables.
          It could be that this "Source"
          is a mental and DNA link
          that expands as we open
          up certain areas of the mind.
          Thus, our potential is enabled
          more and more as we naturally
          use our curiosity to explore
          and expand via technology
          and new thought patterns.
          It's obvious, to me, that
          every individual is at their
          own unique stage of evolution.

          Group religions create a plateau
          and will merely close off and
          stunt potential growth/expansion
          of awareness for individuals.
          This is why all religions will
          use and rely upon "belief" and
          "faith" to reenforce their religious
          foundation. Klemp has done
          the same with Eckankar.

          ********************************

          When I was an EK leader I would
          go out of my way to talk to people
          individually, especially, after the
          EWS (ECK Worship Service). I
          would even encourage the cleric
          and other H.I.s or 4ths to talk
          to the newbies whether EKists
          or non-EKists instead of gathering
          in groups with their friends.

          I tried to give people what they
          were seeking but via of the EK
          teachings. Still, there's a lot of
          subjectivity. Unfortunately, the
          Guidelines and EK Dogma does
          tend to limit what one is supposed
          to share. And, it was difficult
          and somewhat frustrating to
          discuss the Eckankar dogma/belief
          with people who had not read
          of or understood (been suckered
          into) that special (pretend)
          relationship with the Inner
          Mahanta. This is where one
          develops a codependent
          relationship with an imaginary
          being who is, actually, ones
          own "inner" self.

          Anyway, I did greet, listen to
          and welcome-in those EKists
          who didn't show up often at
          EK events and those non-EKists
          who were curious about Eckankar
          and seeing what "ECKists" looked
          like.

          However, regardless of one's
          sincerity and confidence of
          belief, discussions of the "Divine"
          are still very subjective, and
          uniquely personal. Therefore
          I'm sure that everyone on this
          site (ESA) has a different and
          unique view, as well as, unique
          and private "spiritual" experiences
          that have led us to where we
          are now... wherever that is!
          I'm sure that it's still in flux
          as we continue to explore
          within our own semi-established
          beliefs.

          Prometheus

          prometheus wrote:
> [...]

          > enough, there was no re al substance, just regurgitated words of the
          > same thing. I have no animosity toward HK or Eck, probably because I
          > wasn't in that long, but it's nice to know I'm not deluded...which is
          > how I felt they were treating me when I wanted to know more. It's like
          > thinking I'm crazy when I finally come to realize everyone else around
          > me is and I'm the only sane one...It reminds me of the Twilight Zone
          > episode where this beautiful girl's face is wrapped in gauze, and the
          > doctors come in with surgical masks on and tell her they did their
          > best, but there was nothing they could do, that she would remain ugly
          > for the rest of her life, and they take their masks off and all have
          > pig faces...anyway. We can only hope the best for those still caught in
          > the deception, but I believe somewhere in their 'knower' that they know

        • Lady Rowan
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 22, 2012
            Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion or following.  About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people like me), but again always hungered for more.  Another fav is Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but I got the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and still have a hard time wrapping my mind around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate any of it, as it is so rich.  But I do like the fact that science has acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to me) way.  It's awesome.  Rowan

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
              Just had to respond about What the Bleep... and how it had a lot to do with Ramtha, I believe, who was a woman claiming to channel and this was a very Cultic group. Anyway, be careful about exchanging one Cult for another. Quantum physics is very interesting and may apply in some cases to what you can call Soul or Being etc., but even quantum physicists admit that it all depends on the micro or the macro. Newtonian physics is just as valid as quantum physics, depending on what you're looking at and what you're trying to do, like walking across the street vs. a scientific lab with special equipment and so on.

              For me it's that there is a presence that I am a part of, but I'm also a social animal and what I know is always in process, and also what I don't know. Are there really any Known Knowns anyway : )? I used to have this feeling of exquisite ecstasy when I just let my thoughts flow and be and there would be a gap when this state would happen and it was non-conceptual. I sometimes envy animals when they are in a state of just being. But then they have to survive and change into a hunter or prey....

              I saw that Movie The Master and this Cult leader keeps referring to the supposed real state Of "Perfect", that is so obviously absurd when you really look at it. We can only do our best imo. Sometimes it's really nice and sometimes not, or just is what it is.

              We'd all be a lot better off if we could just increasingly develop a sense of overall compassion, cause us humans have more responsibility imo, because we have brains that give us more options for good or worse.

              Just my take, but I shy away from anything that starts to sound like another dogma. We don't really know anything do we. We can only theorize about reality and our experience is then kind of a virtual reality, but even that can get too carried away. Just like the wild animal in its element, but that too only goes so far. Those who can't adapt and lack flexibility become extinct sooner or later...... eckankar like other new age religions are kind of on their last legs, but a lot of people still get fooled by the grandiosity and the pretentious fake promises.

              Non ; )

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Lady Rowan <ladyrowan07@...> wrote:

              > Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion or following.  About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people like me), but again always hungered for more.  Another fav is Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but I got the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and still have a hard time wrapping my mind
              > around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate any of it, as it is so rich.  But I do like the fact that science has acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to me) way.  It's awesome.  Rowan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Lady Rowan
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 5, 2012
                Yup, I agree with you about Ramtha...she creeps me out, even in the movie...but I'm talking about the science of quantum physics, M theory, and string theory, which have nothing to do with JZ Knight's 'religion' and to me, very disturbing teaching if you see all of it.  I just find it very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  R

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 11, 2012
                  Hello Non eckchains,
                  I'll have to admit that
                  I didn't like "What the Bleep."
                  I know it had a big Canadian
                  following like Adam Dreamhealer
                  who, btw, also used the
                  Quantum whatever speak.
                  Dreamhealer is a young
                  con artist whose father, mother,
                  and sister were all part of
                  the con. Adam had a ghost
                  writer co-author and do his
                  first book. Have you ever heard
                  the New Age term "organic"
                  being used to describe all
                  sorts of things. It's like with
                  "quantum." All of these people
                  are looking for a following
                  and to use the right "hook"
                  depending upon their audience
                  of perspective suckers... like
                  with Eckankar.

                  Prometheus

                  wrote:

                  > Well said Prometheus... I too, after seeking spiritual knowledge which I
                  thought I could find in any certain group or individuals who would have any
                  kind of answer, but came up short, feel the same toward any specific religion
                  or following. About 5 years ago, a friend of my turned me onto the movie "What
                  The BLEEP Do We Know," which was about quantum theory, and I found it
                  fascinating and I read other books and some of Gary Zukov's books on basically
                  the same concepts, my fav book being The Dancing Wu Li Masters (for lay people
                  like me), but again always hungered for more. Another fav is Brian Greene's
                  The Elegant Universe, which delves in deeper into quantum physics, string
                  theory, and M theory, which was beautifully done and easily understandable for
                  this lay person...the book was a little hard for me to understand, but IÂ got
                  the video of it from the library and watched it as many times as I could (and
                  still have a hard time wrapping my mind
                  > around its awesomeness)...and as elegant as our universe is and that most
                  High Power that keeps us all connected is, I couldn't even begin to regurgitate
                  any of it, as it is so rich. But I do like the fact that science has
                  acknowledged that connected creation in such a beautiful (almost spiritual to
                  me) way.  It's awesome. Rowan Â