Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: What Is the Purpose of the Initiate Reports?

  • Russ Rodnick
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
      Keeping with my usual vibratory tone, I realize that for years I put a lot of 'faith' into the rituals of eck, and any disappointment I felt, or let down, from a lack of interaction whether inner or outer, I would look to the 'waking dream' aspect for some 'contact' with the Mahanta. This became my 'inner god', and certain results would flow from this inner focus, on the Godman, because of my BELIEF. This power of BELIEF, really connected my emotions and imagination, and gave me something to look to for guidance. But it wasn't real I now know, in the objective sense but nevertheless, certain positives occurred due to the inner mechanisms I was accessing deeper and deeper levels of my subconscous, which is, I believe the area where we experience the phenomenon called Inner Guidance. This inner guidance, points to an area of conscoussness that I believe is available to all of us, called the higher self, soul, or whatever. But our everyday outer conscoussness must be in a particular state of receptivity to tune in the vibrations of the higher part. Chanting, breathing, affirmations, visualizations are all used by various esoteric schools which i have heard of. But the attitude is significantly changed when one feels, that a Master is working with you. If we can put as much of our self into the exercise as we would if a SPIRITUAL BEING were taking an interest in our efforts, then I think our results would be spectacular.

      It takes a lot of energy to write these thoughts out so, I'll be back later.

      From: Diana Stanley

      I don't really know but I do know that Paul didn't read them. a friend of mine who was the editor of Mystic World. Roger Dubin read them and then dumped them.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
        Hello Russ,
        interesting comments
        and POV. I think the
        thing with Eckankar
        is the deceptiveness
        with fake Masters and
        encouragement to
        become a co-dependent
        member versus self-reliant
        and free.

        Rather, everyone should
        see themselves as Soul
        and recognize that they
        are the real Masters and
        Mahantas. The Holy Spirit
        and Soul are all one needs
        to explore and act from
        an enlightened perspective.

        Just BE!

        This perspective and attitude
        will expand one's perception
        with real time lessons of
        higher awareness. Klemp
        merely takes credit, as Twit
        did, for what is already
        happening when one places
        their attention and focus
        upon introspection via
        mental techniques already
        known to many "paths"
        some of which are secular.

        The key is in Not believing
        that someone else can help
        you, an individual Soul, with
        the subjective. Religions need
        a following and once they
        have you they won't let you
        go despite their claims early
        on. It's a 'one size fits all'
        approach with religions.

        One is never alone when
        one recognizes Soul because
        one has a special connection
        with others on a Soul level.
        Plus, there's the Holy Spirit
        the essence of All There Is!
        This Spirit will guide Soul
        in the NOW, and in ways
        that are special and unique
        for the lifetime of that Soul.

        Later-
        Prometheus

        Russ Rodnick wrote:
[...]

        Twitchell mentions the
        monthly initiate reports
        (IRO) in the March 1, 1968
        "The Wisdom Notes."
        PT: "I would like to have
        some sort of a monthly
        report from the initiates
        as to how they believe
        they are progressing.
        It will enable me to help
        them."

        The saying, "I Am Always
        With You" makes one
        wonder why a written
        monthly initiate report
        was/is needed to be
        mailed in when the
        so-called Mahanta is
        a 14th Initiate and
        should have the powers
        to "know" everything
        about his chelas.

        After all, the SUGMAD,
        according to PT's
        Shariyat, resides on
        the 10th Plane called
        the Anami Lok! That's
        strange isn't it? I wonder
        how Klemp would explain
        that one if an EKist was
        ever permitted to ask?
        Why would the Sugmad
        reside on a lower Plane
        than the 14th Plane
        Mahanta?

        Prometheus

        From: Diana Stanley

        ewickings@... wrote:

        > mishmisha writes:
        >
        > >Does anyone know why initiate reports were on the "to do" list in
        > Eckankar? Why were we encouraged to write them and who was the
        > originator of this activity?
        >
        > $$$ Can't honestly answer how it all got started.... I understood IROs
        > were intended to help you / them see where a chela is spiritually lacking or
        > growing... what areas needed work etc. Plus it was sort of a therapy thing
        > for some people unable to handle life's issues. A way to turn it over to the
        > God Man of the Universe. If he really is all knowing and seeing, why the
        > need to write IROs in the first place? We were lead to believe he already
        > knows everything about us. Maybe one reason later in years, Harold decided it
        > wasn't necessary to send in all of the IROs each and every month! The office
        > help couldn't keep up. Wonder if they had special Eck Spiritual Aids
        > standing by to help the *readers* deprogram after some of the crap people wrote to
        > Harold and Co. about? :-D
        >
        > Harold later come up with a new Spiritual Exercise Experiment with the
        > personal IROs. Put them in a special private location.... go back 6 months
        > later to see how the chela was doing in his / her spiritual grow. It was even
        > suggested at one time to keep them in a journal. I looked over a lot of my
        > old IRO journals right after I left eckankrap.... Like Mish, I was expressing
        > my frustrations about the local area, and numerous doubts I was having. I
        > used to think back then, it was a good thing I didn't send them in or I would
        > have been stripped of my duties for lack of commitment to the mission! I
        > burned all of my journals that resembled anything eckish. Sort of a way to
        > start from scratch....
        >
        > Liz
      • Russ Rodnick
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
          Hello Russ,
          interesting comments
          and POV. I think the
          thing with Eckankar
          is the deceptiveness
          with fake Masters and
          encouragement to
          become a co-dependent
          member versus self-reliant
          and free.
          Yea, it's pretty  clear that Paul wanted to be the central authority figure for everyone. I think many were more than happy to let it happen because people, don't want to take responsibility for their own spiritual welfare.
          Rather, everyone should
          see themselves as Soul
          and recognize that they
          are the real Masters and
          Mahantas. The Holy Spirit
          and Soul are all one needs
          to explore and act from
          an enlightened perspective.
          I can agree with this, again the responsibility issue comes up.
[...]

          Yea, I really like what you have to say about this. We're all learning. This is pretty heavy stuff, but it does seem self evident; I realize that I must lift myself up inviting Divine Power into my being. Otherwise I face the pitfall of possibly becoming dependent on someone or something else. Yea, life changing stuff.

          Alright then, later...

          Russ

          From: Diana Stanley