Re: What Is the Purpose of the Initiate Reports?

  • Diana Stanley
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2 9:46 AM
      Idon't really know but I do know that Paul didn't read them. a friend of mine who was the editor of Mystic World. Roger Dubin read them and then dumped them. IEckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 9/21/2005 12:18:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > mishmisha9@... writes:
      >
      > >Does anyone know why initiate reports were on the "to do" list in
      > Eckankar? Why were we encouraged to write them and who was the
      > originator of this activity?
      >
      > $$$ Can't honestly answer how it all got started.... I understood IROs
      > were intended to help you / them see where a chela is spiritually lacking or
      > growing... what areas needed work etc. Plus it was sort of a therapy thing
      > for some people unable to handle life's issues. A way to turn it over to the
      > God Man of the Universe. If he really is all knowing and seeing, why the
      > need to write IROs in the first place? We were lead to believe he already
      > knows everything about us. Maybe one reason later in years, Harold decided it
      > wasn't necessary to send in all of the IROs each and every month! The office
      > help couldn't keep up. Wonder if they had special Eck Spiritual Aids
      > standing by to help the *readers* deprogram after some of the crap people wrote to
      > Harold and Co. about? :-D
      >
      > Harold later come up with a new Spiritual Exercise Experiment with the
      > personal IROs. Put them in a special private location.... go back 6 months
      > later to see how the chela was doing in his / her spiritual grow. It was even
      > suggested at one time to keep them in a journal. I looked over a lot of my
      > old IRO journals right after I left eckankrap.... Like Mish, I was expressing
      > my frustrations about the local area, and numerous doubts I was having. I
      > used to think back then, it was a good thing I didn't send them in or I would
      > have been stripped of my duties for lack of commitment to the mission! I
      > burned all of my journals that resembled anything eckish. Sort of a way to
      > start from scratch....
      >
      > Liz

    • Lady Rowan
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2 11:41 AM
        I like the 'burning' of all the journals, Liz.  Back in my pagan days, that would have been a part of a banishing ritual for me...LOL!  Whatever it takes to get rid of that which would try to cling unhealthily to us, mind, body, and soul;) winking Lady Rowan.

        Idon't really know but I do know that Paul didn't read them. a friend of mine who was the editor of Mystic World. Roger Dubin read them and then dumped them. mailto:IEckankarSurvivorsAnonymous%40yahoogroups.com, ewickings@... wrote:

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2 2:48 PM
          Twitchell mentions the
          monthly initiate reports
          (IRO) in the March 1, 1968
          "The Wisdom Notes."
          PT: "I would like to have
          some sort of a monthly
          report from the initiates
          as to how they believe
          they are progressing.
          It will enable me to help
          them."

          The saying, "I Am Always
          With You" makes one
          wonder why a written
          monthly initiate report
          was/is needed to be
          mailed in when the
          so-called Mahanta is
          a 14th Initiate and
          should have the powers
          to "know" everything
          about his chelas.

          After all, the SUGMAD,
          according to PT's
          Shariyat, resides on
          the 10th Plane called
          the Anami Lok! That's
          strange isn't it? I wonder
          how Klemp would explain
          that one if an EKist was
          ever permitted to ask?
          Why would the Sugmad
          reside on a lower Plane
          than the 14th Plane
          Mahanta?

          Prometheus

          I like the 'burning' of all the journals, Liz. Back in my pagan days, that would have been a part of a banishing ritual for me...LOL! Whatever it takes to get rid of that which would try to cling unhealthily to us, mind, body, and soul. Lady Rowan.

          From: Diana Stanley

          ewickings@... wrote:

          > mishmisha writes:
          >
          > >Does anyone know why initiate reports were on the "to do" list in
          > Eckankar? Why were we encouraged to write them and who was the
          > originator of this activity?
          >
          > $$$ Can't honestly answer how it all got started.... I understood IROs
          > were intended to help you / them see where a chela is spiritually lacking or
          > growing... what areas needed work etc. Plus it was sort of a therapy thing
          > for some people unable to handle life's issues. A way to turn it over to the
          > God Man of the Universe. If he really is all knowing and seeing, why the
          > need to write IROs in the first place? We were lead to believe he already
          > knows everything about us. Maybe one reason later in years, Harold decided it
          > wasn't necessary to send in all of the IROs each and every month! The office
          > help couldn't keep up. Wonder if they had special Eck Spiritual Aids
          > standing by to help the *readers* deprogram after some of the crap people wrote to
          > Harold and Co. about? :-D
          >
          > Harold later come up with a new Spiritual Exercise Experiment with the
          > personal IROs. Put them in a special private location.... go back 6 months
          > later to see how the chela was doing in his / her spiritual grow. It was even
          > suggested at one time to keep them in a journal. I looked over a lot of my
          > old IRO journals right after I left eckankrap.... Like Mish, I was expressing
          > my frustrations about the local area, and numerous doubts I was having. I
          > used to think back then, it was a good thing I didn't send them in or I would
          > have been stripped of my duties for lack of commitment to the mission! I
          > burned all of my journals that resembled anything eckish. Sort of a way to
          > start from scratch....
          >
          > Liz
        • Russ Rodnick
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3 11:21 AM
            Keeping with my usual vibratory tone, I realize that for years I put a lot of 'faith' into the rituals of eck, and any disappointment I felt, or let down, from a lack of interaction whether inner or outer, I would look to the 'waking dream' aspect for some 'contact' with the Mahanta. This became my 'inner god', and certain results would flow from this inner focus, on the Godman, because of my BELIEF. This power of BELIEF, really connected my emotions and imagination, and gave me something to look to for guidance. But it wasn't real I now know, in the objective sense but nevertheless, certain positives occurred due to the inner mechanisms I was accessing deeper and deeper levels of my subconscous, which is, I believe the area where we experience the phenomenon called Inner Guidance. This inner guidance, points to an area of conscoussness that I believe is available to all of us, called the higher self, soul, or whatever. But our everyday outer conscoussness must be in a particular state of receptivity to tune in the vibrations of the higher part. Chanting, breathing, affirmations, visualizations are all used by various esoteric schools which i have heard of. But the attitude is significantly changed when one feels, that a Master is working with you. If we can put as much of our self into the exercise as we would if a SPIRITUAL BEING were taking an interest in our efforts, then I think our results would be spectacular.

            It takes a lot of energy to write these thoughts out so, I'll be back later.

            From: Diana Stanley

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3 12:13 PM
              Hello Russ,
              interesting comments
              and POV. I think the
              thing with Eckankar
              is the deceptiveness
              with fake Masters and
              encouragement to
              become a co-dependent
              member versus self-reliant
              and free.

              Rather, everyone should
              see themselves as Soul
              and recognize that they
              are the real Masters and
              Mahantas. The Holy Spirit
              and Soul are all one needs
              to explore and act from
              an enlightened perspective.

              Just BE!

              This perspective and attitude
              will expand one's perception
              with real time lessons of
              higher awareness. Klemp
              merely takes credit, as Twit
              did, for what is already
              happening when one places
              their attention and focus
              upon introspection via
              mental techniques already
              known to many "paths"
              some of which are secular.

              The key is in Not believing
              that someone else can help
              you, an individual Soul, with
              the subjective. Religions need
              a following and once they
              have you they won't let you
              go despite their claims early
              on. It's a 'one size fits all'
              approach with religions.

              One is never alone when
              one recognizes Soul because
              one has a special connection
              with others on a Soul level.
              Plus, there's the Holy Spirit
              the essence of All There Is!
              This Spirit will guide Soul
              in the NOW, and in ways
              that are special and unique
              for the lifetime of that Soul.

              Later-
              Prometheus

              From: Diana Stanley

              ewickings@... wrote:

              > mishmisha writes:
              >
              > >Does anyone know why initiate reports were on the "to do" list in
              > Eckankar? Why were we encouraged to write them and who was the
              > originator of this activity?
              >
              > $$$ Can't honestly answer how it all got started.... I understood IROs
              > were intended to help you / them see where a chela is spiritually lacking or
              > growing... what areas needed work etc. Plus it was sort of a therapy thing
              > for some people unable to handle life's issues. A way to turn it over to the
              > God Man of the Universe. If he really is all knowing and seeing, why the
              > need to write IROs in the first place? We were lead to believe he already
              > knows everything about us. Maybe one reason later in years, Harold decided it
              > wasn't necessary to send in all of the IROs each and every month! The office
              > help couldn't keep up. Wonder if they had special Eck Spiritual Aids
              > standing by to help the *readers* deprogram after some of the crap people wrote to
              > Harold and Co. about? :-D
              >
              > Harold later come up with a new Spiritual Exercise Experiment with the
              > personal IROs. Put them in a special private location.... go back 6 months
              > later to see how the chela was doing in his / her spiritual grow. It was even
              > suggested at one time to keep them in a journal. I looked over a lot of my
              > old IRO journals right after I left eckankrap.... Like Mish, I was expressing
              > my frustrations about the local area, and numerous doubts I was having. I
              > used to think back then, it was a good thing I didn't send them in or I would
              > have been stripped of my duties for lack of commitment to the mission! I
              > burned all of my journals that resembled anything eckish. Sort of a way to
              > start from scratch....
              >
              > Liz
            • Russ Rodnick
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3 7:06 PM
                Hello Russ,
                interesting comments
                and POV. I think the
                thing with Eckankar
                is the deceptiveness
                with fake Masters and
                encouragement to
                become a co-dependent
                member versus self-reliant
                and free.
                Yea, it's pretty  clear that Paul wanted to be the central authority figure for everyone. I think many were more than happy to let it happen because people, don't want to take responsibility for their own spiritual welfare.
                Rather, everyone should
                see themselves as Soul
                and recognize that they
                are the real Masters and
                Mahantas. The Holy Spirit
                and Soul are all one needs
                to explore and act from
                an enlightened perspective.
                I can agree with this, again the responsibility issue comes up.
[...]

                Yea, I really like what you have to say about this. We're all learning. This is pretty heavy stuff, but it does seem self evident; I realize that I must lift myself up inviting Divine Power into my being. Otherwise I face the pitfall of possibly becoming dependent on someone or something else. Yea, life changing stuff.

                Alright then, later...

                Russ

                From: Diana Stanley