Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Five Points for Those Leaving ECKANKAR by S...

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      This is interesting!  It has been a long time since I have read anything from James Davis.

      I met him at an HI retreat here in MI in 1999.  He was the guest speaker, and signing his new book.  Even then he was sounding like he was having doubts about eckankrap.  Just as I was....  I spent the entire weekend crying and questioning why I was having such terrible strong doubts!

      Come to find out I wasn't alone.  I have corresponded with numerous ex eckist that was struggling with the same issues around this same time frame.

      Thanks for posting this Mish

      Liz
    • jjamie1977
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
        wrote:
        > This is interesting! It has been a long time since I have read
        anything
        > from James Davis.
        >
        > I met him at an HI retreat here in MI in 1999. He was the guest
        speaker,
        > and signing his new book. Even then he was sounding like he was
        having doubts
        > about eckankrap. Just as I was.... I spent the entire weekend
        crying and
        > questioning why I was having such terrible strong doubts!
        >
        > Come to find out I wasn't alone. I have corresponded with numerous
        ex
        > eckist that was struggling with the same issues around this same
        time frame.

        > Thanks for posting this Mish
        >
        > Liz

        when i got my pink slip for my next initiation, i was happy. i made
        all the arrangements with the initiator (who lived in another town).
        after the little ceremony was over, i started my drive home. i
        stopped somewhere along the route home, at a park, sat down and cried
        my heart out. all i felt was emptiness. that was the beginning of the
        end for me in terms of my eck life.

        jamie...