Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Art work Diana Stanley

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 26, 2012
      You know from what I heard Russ and it was true for me also, there did appear to be some prompting to accept it before finding eckankar in the lives of a lot of individuals.

      It definitely makes you wonder. For me it was something of great value that I experienced.

      I don't regret disconnecting from eckankar but like you I too wonder why these things happen before introduction.

      Could it be a type of witch craft?  I had some experiences with local eckist that made me feel like some of them had powers to invade my personal space.  Maybe it is done unbeknownst to us even before we know eckankar.  Maybe there is an eck force that has nothing to do with love but can trick people into making the connection

      Once I was in, I had to fight against myself continually when I saw the unhealthy things that went on.  Eckankar seemed like the source of true chaos instead of real truth.  I struggled with the difference between what I saw and what I read on a constant basis and for a long time, I was willing to accept that I was not reading things right.

      I wish I could provide an answer for you.

      What I can say is that while what I experienced that prompted entry into eckankar seemed like a positive thing, my whole life seemed to become as chaotic as eckankar itself once I was hooked.  For me it was a bad fit altogether except for some of the books.

      Question?  If we can be influenced to believe the lies even when we become fully aware of the facts, is it not possible that the influence began before we even knew of eckankars existance? Could it be that being open to something new, we were given something that appeared to have a touch of magic in it, so that once we heard of eckankar we would naturally make the association?

      Sounds far fetched for sure.

      I would certainly like to hear what more experienced ex eckist have to say about it.

      Thank you Russ for raising the question.  I wonder also.

      From: Russ Rodnick <russrodnick@...>
      Subject: Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Art work Diana Stanley
      To: "EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com" <EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 5:42 PM

      whenever we talk about the idea that twitch creaated the lineage and the idea of the mahanta, my mind searches for a justification of an experience that occured to me one day in the early 80's. I was driving my taxicab one evening, late and a brilliant being of blue light appeared, for a few seconds by the side of the road.

      One idea of the Pole of the World comes ( I think) from Sufi literature.

      Something occured, and for me it has been like an affirmation of the existence of the mahanta. but if twitch created the mahanta, then what was it that I SAW?

      I believe there are developed beings, human but more than human.. I don't think they care one whit about ANY organized religion, preferring to work with individuals. I don't have any evidence per se, i just believe this.

      Food for thought, yes?

      Russ

      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 4, 2012
        Exceptionally, good point etznab. Thank you very much.  My you guys are sharp!

        From: Russ Rodnick &lt;russrodnick@...&gt;
        To: "EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com"
        &lt;EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com&gt;
        Date: Monday, August 27, 2012, 2:09 AM

          One thing that occurred to me is that in certain mental atmospheres,
        experiences of this kind are possible. A certain 'psychic sensitivity'
        happens and people can see and sense entities or energies of a
        meta-physical nature. Eckankar, knowing this may take advantage of this
        phenomenon, supplying people with a particular mythology, giving them a
        sense of personal connection which may have nothing whatsoever to do
        with the original phenom. I think the mental atmosphere is sustained
        bya state of being open to this type of experience. A receptivity to
        something 'more'.

        SO, interesting to me is that the process of 'opening' to somethng more
        can be done, without any organized religion but for me this requires a
        strong belief in my worthiness to live this way.And an awareness that
        the essence of self is non-physical and can live without the physical
        body,, inhabiting other planes of existence, now and after death of the
        PB.
        There I go  again...
        Russ

        From: prometheus_973 &lt;mailto:prometheus_973%40yahoo.com&gt;