Fw: Why Don't ECKists See the Truth?

  • Gnothe Seauton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2012

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: robert <signon77@...>
      To: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
      Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:48 AM
      Subject: Re: Why Don't ECKists See the Truth?

      Well it's a bit like asking why Christians don't see the truth or why Buddhists don't see the truth. Truth is purely a reflection of one's current state of consciousness and is neither good nor bad.

      A man joins ECKANKAR, begins to do the Spiritual Exercises of ECK and experiences the Light, Sound and Soul Travel. Next he begins to meet the ECK Masters of the Ancient Order of the Vairagi who help him run his life.

      If in the meantime a former 7th Initiate reaches a point where ECKANKAR no longer works for him, that's absolutely fine. It worked for him for 30 plus years then suddenly stopped. Writing books attacking ECKANKAR will only convince those whose states of consciousness are similar to his not those who still retain access to the Light, Sound and guidance of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master and the other Vairagi Adepts.

      > Hello All,
      > Thanks for the reply.
      > Good insights! I'd like
      > to comment as well.
      > Janice Pfeiffer (JP) wrote:
      > I think we believed the lies because
      > we simply wanted too.  We thought
      > eckankar filled a void in our lives
      > so we chose to believe the rediculous
      > stuff that helped explain away the
      > inconsistances.
      > ME: EK does appeal to those
      > who are nonconformists and
      > who are interested in metaphysics,
      > and New Age topics and agendas.
      > Yes, it did fill a void because our
      > former religions we were raised
      > in did not answer questions that
      > we wanted to "know." These religions
      > were based upon belief, faith, and
      > scripture written,
      edited, and rewritten
      > by many authors and scribes, who
      > are unknown. And it took place
      > 2,000-3,000 years ago (except for
      > the many rewrites). But, religious
      > history is much more recent if you're
      > a Mormon, Scientologist, or an ECKist!
      > JP: Then, if you got any sense at
      > all, one day, you just have to face
      > the fact that, it is all quite rediculous
      > and the man in charge isn't anything
      > special and even all the other eckist
      > start to appear to be really lacking
      > in social and spiritual graces.
      > ME: So true! I knew quite a few
      > who were high up in their local
      > Satsang Orgs who seemed, and
      > were, very unstable.
      > JP: I give thanks everyday that I
      > am not still among the blind. I give
      > thanks that there are others like
      > you that came out of eckankar's
      > web of
      spiritual death. It would
      > be nice if we could wave a magic
      > wand and have all the still deceived
      > become wide open to the truth
      > about eckankar.  We all know it
      > is not going to happen that way.
      > ME: If I had a magic wand I'd
      > change more than just Eckankar.
      > Ford's book (Confessions of A
      > God-Seeker) opened things up
      > for me. I'm just glad I heard about
      > it and then paid the money to buy
      > it and then took my time to read
      > and reflect upon what was being
      > said. I, of course, had to verify
      > the information given by Ford
      > Johnson and purchased "The
      > Path of the Masters." I'd met Ford,
      > knew he was a 7th initiate and
      > a RESA, as well as a Harvard educated
      > attorney, and I had heard him
      > speak so I respected his intellect.
      > I must admit that his book was
      > not a pleasant read because
      > was shattering my whole belief
      > system and trust.
      > There're two or three funny
      > stories about Ford's book.
      > When it was in manuscript
      > form Ford emailed some of
      > it to 7th Initiates. I had one
      > tell me about it and offered
      > to print it out for me. I declined
      > the offer.
      > Later, a high ranking up and
      > coming local EKist and wannabe
      > RESA, who was a trustee on the
      > local Board, told me about Ford's
      > book. Of all people! Yes, he's
      > still a member of EK and still
      > looking for that 7th and RESA
      > position.
      > Then, there was this really
      > strangely odd EK couple that
      > speed read Ford's book and,
      > then, threw it in the trash.
      > Klemp had printed some of
      > their embellished stories and
      > during one seminar mentioned
      > them by name and pointed
      them out. They were quite proud
      > and thought they were above
      > even HK's RESA's and a law unto
      > themselves and shared in the
      > "Mahanta Consciousness."
      > Anywho, they put it out there
      > that if anyone wanted to discuss
      > Ford's book that they would
      > take any calls and turn any
      > confused EKists around and
      > back to the "True Religion."
      > JP: I believe it is a person's ego
      > that keeps them spell bound in
      > eckankar. The belief that they are
      > special and that they are set apart
      > from the rest of the world in their
      > specialness is too much to relinquish.
      > And so they continue to believe that
      > klemp is God made flesh and eckankar
      > is the path to spiritual freedom while
      > they scurry around to do his bidding
      > and give him as much money as
      > they can afford to give.
      > ME: Those
      Initiations are an ego
      > Trap. ECKists claim to practice
      > Detachment, but coveting initiations
      > prevents Detachment. It's a tease
      > or would HK call it a Test? Regardless
      > of how Klemp would deflect it
      > or how EKists rationalize it away
      > the EK Initiations bind them to
      > desires and to the ego.
      > No "true blue" ECKist can say that
      > they don't desire another Initiation.
      > This is why some longtime 7ths,
      > and former RESAs, like Fran Blackwell
      > (bless her heart) will share that
      > "on the Inner she is an 8th." H.I.s
      > have discovered the loophole in
      > The Masters 4 Discourse
      > telling about the Ninth Initiation...
      > that there must be Three Stages
      > to every Initiation since there
      > are Three Stages with the Ninth
      > and everything EK must follow
      > the Principle of the Threes. Thus,
      > Two Stages are
      on the Inner
      > and the Third and Final Stage
      > is the Outer Confirmation. Therefore,
      > ON THE INNER, before the Final
      > Outer Confirmation Stage, every
      > ECKist could claim to be One
      > Initiation Higher that their EK
      > Membership Card indicates.
      > It's more delusion, but it's what
      > makes all religions work!
      > JP: So friends let us consider ourselves
      > the lucky ones.  Where once we were
      > among the deceived, we did survive
      > the ordeal and maybe we are all just
      > a bit wiser about con artists and how
      > greed can cause some to inslave others
      > for profit.  Bless each and all who did
      > make the journey through the smoke
      > and mirrors of eckankar and can today
      > say it has no more hold on them. And
      > may all of us think of those still with
      > in it's grasp with compassion. Chosing
      > the truth
      isn't always easy over a life
      > of imaginary greatness.
      > ME: I was always seeking the TRUTH
      > and Klemp's presence and redundant
      > message certainly isn't anywhere close
      > to what I was looking for. At first it had
      > promise, but after the trap had sprung
      > I was kept too busy with distractions
      > and wasn't allowed to question which
      > would indicate that I was not "ready"
      > for that next initiation.
      > Prometheus
      > prometheus wrote:
      > Hello All,
      > I was thinking about some
      > of the lies we were told
      > while in Eckankar and of
      > how and why we accepted
      > them so readily.
      > For instance, there's the
      > long standing rule that
      > EKists don't proselytize,
      > in part, due to the Law
      > of Non-Interference.
      > But, all this actually meant
      > is that ECKists
      don't go
      > door-to-door like Mormons
      > and Jehovah Witnesses.
      > Proselytizing means trying
      > to:
      > "proselytize
      > verb [ with obj. ]
      > convert or attempt to convert
      > (someone) from one religion,
      > belief, or opinion to another:
      > the program did have a tremendous
      > evangelical effect, proselytizing
      > many | [ no obj. ] : proselytizing
      > for converts | (as noun proselytizing) :
      > no amount of proselytizing was
      > going to change their minds.
      > advocate or promote (a belief
      > or course of action): Davis wanted