Re: Why Don't ECKists See the Truth?

  • Non
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2012
      At what point does deception become self-deception and then it becomes what is really just an outright lie. What does it take to lie to yourself? Denial. But denial pays a price at some point. At first there may be some discomfort or even pain. So to deny must involve some level of numbing out, covering up, becoming ever more deluded.

      My brother was quite forceful in his attempts to get me involved in eckankar and to be a member. He became quite nasty about it even and still is. Yes, denial is the root of hypocrisy, an attempt to not feel the harm they do to others and to themselves. (and then there are those who are just pathological and do not feeling normal guilt and this does not keep them up at night or if it does it is the fault of their victims somehow)

      Truth to them is just TWISTED.

      noneckster ; )

      I was thinking about some
      of the lies we were told
      while in Eckankar and of
      how and why we accepted
      them so readily.

      For instance, there's the
      long standing rule that
      EKists don't proselytize,
      in part, due to the Law
      of Non-Interference.

      But, all this actually meant
      is that ECKists don't go
      door-to-door like Mormons
      and Jehovah Witnesses.
      Proselytizing means trying
      to:

      "proselytize |ˈpräsələˌtīz|
      verb [ with obj. ]
      convert or attempt to convert
      (someone) from one religion,
      belief, or opinion to another:

      the program did have a tremendous
      evangelical effect, proselytizing
      many | [ no obj. ] : proselytizing

      for converts | (as noun proselytizing) :
      no amount of proselytizing was
      going to change their minds.

      • advocate or promote (a belief
      or course of action): Davis wanted
      to share his concept and proselytize
      his ideas."

      Leaving books and brochures
      in laundromats or bookmarks
      in books at libraries and in
      bookstores is not following
      the Law of Non-Interference.
      Neither is having EK Internet
      Videos or booths at Psychic
      Fairs.

      BTW- Let me speak about another
      thought. Does Klemp have a sense
      of divine intercession? Does he sit
      in this Eden Prairie (mahanta) man
      cave and HU/pray for the spiritual
      evolution of mankind or for world
      peace? Many religious leaders and
      Maharishis who don't go out and
      preach at least pray for intercession.
      What does Klemp do except write
      trashy books and promote his $$$
      religious wares via his volunteer
      grass roots sales staff and via the
      pros at the ESC.

      Prometheus
    • Janice Pfeiffer
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2012
        It is a shame your brother would be abusive toward you because you didn't want eckankar.  I guess they think the more people they can convince, then the more right they can feel about believing.  It always seemed to me that they only abused lower members who didn't bow down and worship them as their superiors.

         I don't blame you for resenting it.  It is uncalled for from any religious sect.  I always disliked it when Christians would shovel out their beliefs like they couldn't accept anything but their own point of view.  Tell your brother to follow the example of his beloved leader and check himself into a mental institution.  Give him material that debunks his eckankar.  Maybe eckankar is driving some people nuts if they need to get aggressive about it.  If he is that forceful about it, I would worry about his mental state.  Maybe you should suggest he gets some counselling since he can't exercise reasonable control about his beliefs.

        How they justify the lies that Paul and others told is by saying it was necessary to get eckankar established.  These are things I was told as a new eckist by older eckist.  They know you are going to hear about the lies.   But if you are told another version by eckist first, you are more likely to ignore anyone who tries to point out the lies.  It is drummed into you that eckankar has to be protected from those who just don't understand how great it is.

        I think you do become numb about what others say about eckankar when you are in.  There's a subtle suggestion that eckankar is always under attack by non believers.  I never heard anyone suggest aggression because of it but it was suggested that caution was needed when discussing eckankar with outsiders.  What I got was that you don't talk about the org but it was okay to talk about what the teachings did for you in your own life.

        Besides, you only learn the truth about eckankar in degrees.  Newbies aren't told how the whole thing works.  They count on you getting hooked on the written works of eckankar before you learn the truth about how things really work.

        I take it you never were an eckist and it seems you want to understand how they can keep holding on to something based on lies.  I think it is because like with all spiritual teachings there is enough truth in what they read that they think it is worth while.  Paul compiled a lot of material that he gathered from various sources.  There is some good stuff there while there is also a lot of contradictions.  Some don't care that it was stolen material.  It is like they think Paul brought all the great teachings together for their benefit.  The biggest lie in eckankar is that eckankar is an ancient religion and instead of Paul stealing from other religions, they believe that other religions evolved from the ancient teachings of eckankar and only a select few can hear and see that eckankar is the original and true path.  Well, that is how it was spoon fed to me anyway.

        Now, they even advertise on TV.  What a crock of crap.  The great secret teachings of eckankar being peddled on TV like just another info-mercial. Membership must be way down.  Klemp must be getting desperate.  Need more slaves to bring in more money and continue dragging in new dues paying members.

        Are eckankar members in general getting more aggressive about increasing their numbers?  I couldn't say since I don't have any contact with any eckist.  That would be interesting to know however.

        I got to have one final dig at eckankar so here goes.  I remember that supposedly, the
        God man klemp has the ability to control the higher and lower worlds, so is it his fault that the whole world economy has gotten so bad?  Why doesn't he do something about it?  Has anyone heard what the great one has to say about it?

[...]

        "proselytize |&#712;präs&#601;l&#601;&#716;t&#299;z|

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2012
          Actually, and unfortunately, I did join eckankar long enough to get a few years of discourses and attended some classes, read all the current books and articles. A lot of it was paid for by my brother. He got me in a car once acting like we were just going for a drive in the country and ended up parking at some place in the middle of nowhere to see Darwin Gross give a talk and so on. It was weird and a real mind screw. Fortunately, I was in college at some point and of course could not adhere to the not reading other books and to memorizing each discourse. I even asked a professor of a class on comparative religion what he thought. I was so brain washed that I could not head his suggestion that it was just a mishmash of a made up mysticism/religion. At one point, I seriously thought about sending President Nixon a letter telling him about eckankar, thinking that this would set him on the right path to the godhead, blah, blah....!?

          Ultimately, I asked way too many questions at eck meetings that people started getting pissed at me. Of course I took it to mean that there must be something wrong with me for having doubts. I did have a tendency for lucid dreaming already. But there were so many other types of cults at that time that I became very confused by some of the experiences I would have and seeking a therapist seemed to be out of the question. Cults make you feel so nuts that you feel like there is no one to talk to. It has taken me years to come to terms with all of that and the difficulty is unfortunately having to deal with a family member who is still in the cult and sees you as a threat to their idiotic authoritarian beliefs as an eck drone. eckists see all others as eckists who just don't know it yet, and if you actually reject it, well then you are just a conscious agent of kal, right?

          I found some good stuff on this site that has some of Margaret Singer's writings on cults of all kinds and recovery.

          http://www.refocus.org/

          noneckster ; )

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Janice Pfeiffer <jepfeiffer@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > Now, they even advertise on TV.  What a crock of crap.  The great secret teachings of eckankar being peddled on TV like just another info-mercial. Membership must be way down.  Klemp must be getting desperate.  Need more slaves to bring in more money and continue dragging in new dues paying members.
          >
          > Are eckankar members in general getting more aggressive about increasing their numbers?  I couldn't say since I don't have any contact with any eckist.  That would be interesting to know however.
          >
          > I got to have one final dig at eckankar so here goes.  I remember that supposedly, the
          > God man klemp has the ability to control the higher and lower worlds, so is it his fault that the whole world economy has gotten so bad?  Why doesn't he do something about it?  Has anyone heard what the great one has to say about it?

        • Janice Pfeiffer
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 4, 2012
            Thanks for the link.  I will check it out.  I hope you can feel some pride in knowing that you went into eckankar and you had the sense to get out.  Thanks for your story.

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 5, 2012
              Thanks for the reply.
              Good insights! I'd like
              to comment as well.

              Janice Pfeiffer (JP) wrote:
              I think we believed the lies because
              we simply wanted too. We thought
              eckankar filled a void in our lives
              so we chose to believe the rediculous
              stuff that helped explain away the
              inconsistances.

              ME: EK does appeal to those
              who are nonconformists and
              who are interested in metaphysics,
              and New Age topics and agendas.
              Yes, it did fill a void because our
              former religions we were raised
              in did not answer questions that
              we wanted to "know." These religions
              were based upon belief, faith, and
              scripture written, edited, and rewritten
              by many authors and scribes, who
              are unknown. And it took place
              2,000-3,000 years ago (except for
              the many rewrites). But, religious
              history is much more recent if you're
              a Mormon, Scientologist, or an ECKist!

              JP: Then, if you got any sense at
              all, one day, you just have to face
              the fact that, it is all quite rediculous
              and the man in charge isn't anything
              special and even all the other eckist
              start to appear to be really lacking
              in social and spiritual graces.

              ME: So true! I knew quite a few
              who were high up in their local
              Satsang Orgs who seemed, and
              were, very unstable.

              JP: I give thanks everyday that I
              am not still among the blind. I give
              thanks that there are others like
              you that came out of eckankar's
              web of spiritual death. It would
              be nice if we could wave a magic
              wand and have all the still deceived
              become wide open to the truth
              about eckankar. We all know it
              is not going to happen that way.

              ME: If I had a magic wand I'd
              change more than just Eckankar.
              Ford's book (Confessions of A
              God-Seeker) opened things up
              for me. I'm just glad I heard about
              it and then paid the money to buy
              it and then took my time to read
              and reflect upon what was being
              said. I, of course, had to verify
              the information given by Ford
              Johnson and purchased "The
              Path of the Masters." I'd met Ford,
              knew he was a 7th initiate and
              a RESA, as well as a Harvard educated
              attorney, and I had heard him
              speak so I respected his intellect.
              I must admit that his book was
              not a pleasant read because it
              was shattering my whole belief
              system and trust.

              There're two or three funny
              stories about Ford's book.

              When it was in manuscript
              form Ford emailed some of
              it to 7th Initiates. I had one
              tell me about it and offered
              to print it out for me. I declined
              the offer.

              Later, a high ranking up and
              coming local EKist and wannabe
              RESA, who was a trustee on the
              local Board, told me about Ford's
              book. Of all people! Yes, he's
              still a member of EK and still
              looking for that 7th and RESA
              position.

              Then, there was this really
              strangely odd EK couple that
              speed read Ford's book and,
              then, threw it in the trash.
              Klemp had printed some of
              their embellished stories and
              during one seminar mentioned
              them by name and pointed
              them out. They were quite proud
              and thought they were above
              even HK's RESA's and a law unto
              themselves and shared in the
              "Mahanta Consciousness."
              Anywho, they put it out there
              that if anyone wanted to discuss
              Ford's book that they would
              take any calls and turn any
              confused EKists around and
              back to the "True Religion."

              JP: I believe it is a person's ego
              that keeps them spell bound in
              eckankar. The belief that they are
              special and that they are set apart
              from the rest of the world in their
              specialness is too much to relinquish.
              And so they continue to believe that
              klemp is God made flesh and eckankar
              is the path to spiritual freedom while
              they scurry around to do his bidding
              and give him as much money as
              they can afford to give.

              ME: Those Initiations are an ego
              Trap. ECKists claim to practice
              Detachment, but coveting initiations
              prevents Detachment. It's a tease
              or would HK call it a Test? Regardless
              of how Klemp would deflect it
              or how EKists rationalize it away
              the EK Initiations bind them to
              desires and to the ego.

              No "true blue" ECKist can say that
              they don't desire another Initiation.

              This is why some longtime 7ths,
              and former RESAs, like Fran Blackwell
              (bless her heart) will share that
              "on the Inner she is an 8th." H.I.s
              have discovered the loophole in
              The Masters 4 Discourse
              telling about the Ninth Initiation...
              that there must be Three Stages
              to every Initiation since there
              are Three Stages with the Ninth
              and everything EK must follow
              the Principle of the Threes. Thus,
              Two Stages are on the Inner
              and the Third and Final Stage
              is the Outer Confirmation. Therefore,
              ON THE INNER, before the Final
              Outer Confirmation Stage, every
              ECKist could claim to be One
              Initiation Higher that their EK
              Membership Card indicates.
              It's more delusion, but it's what
              makes all religions work!

              JP: So friends let us consider ourselves
              the lucky ones. Where once we were
              among the deceived, we did survive
              the ordeal and maybe we are all just
              a bit wiser about con artists and how
              greed can cause some to inslave others
              for profit. Bless each and all who did
              make the journey through the smoke
              and mirrors of eckankar and can today
              say it has no more hold on them. And
              may all of us think of those still with
              in it's grasp with compassion. Chosing
              the truth isn't always easy over a life
              of imaginary greatness.

              ME: I was always seeking the TRUTH
              and Klemp's presence and redundant
              message certainly isn't anywhere close
              to what I was looking for. At first it had
              promise, but after the trap had sprung
              I was kept too busy with distractions
              and wasn't allowed to question which
              would indicate that I was not "ready"
              for that next initiation.

[...]

              ***
              Leaving books and brochures
              in laundromats or bookmarks
              in books at libraries and in
              bookstores is not following
              the Law of Non-Interference.
              Neither is having EK Internet
              Videos or booths at Psychic
              Fairs.

              BTW- Let me speak about another
              thought. Does Klemp have a sense
              of divine intercession? Does he sit
              in his Eden Prairie (mahanta) man

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5, 2012
                Thanks again for the insights.
                I think I'll make a few comments
                of my own.

                "Non"eckchains wrote:
[...]

                ME: It's true that they always
                reflect the blame for your
                questions back at you in order
                to control and manipulate you.
                Klemp never takes responsibility
                for anything that happens within
                Eckankar or within chelas' lives.
                Yet, EKies will pray to him via
                asking the Mahanta (HK's alter
                ego) for parking spaces and
                for answers to their questions,
                or for job decisions and for
                health & prosperity. He's supposed
                to be taking care of his H.I.s
                but it doesn't happen anymore
                for Ekists than it does for
                Christians... actually "miracles"
                happen less for ECKists than
                for Christians. Google and
                compare the testimonials!

                Janice Pfeiffer wrote:

                It is a shame your brother would be abusive toward you because you didn't want
                eckankar. I guess they think the more people they can convince, then the more
                right they can feel about believing. It always seemed to me that they only
                abused lower members who didn't bow down and worship them as their superiors.

                ME: It's that way with all religions.
                The more the merrier... not! Yes,
                the more people believing the same
                lies and conforming to the same rules
                and laws is proof, for many, that the
                religion is valid and true. How can
                so many intelligent people be fooled
                an be wrong?

[...]

                ME: One becomes focused upon
                how to explain questions away
                without considering the premise
                that those uniform explanations
                are inaccurate and are designed
                to be intentionally misleading.

                I think you do become numb about what others say about eckankar when you are
                in. There's a subtle suggestion that eckankar is always under attack by non
                believers. I never heard anyone suggest aggression because of it but it was
                suggested that caution was needed when discussing eckankar with outsiders.
                What I got was that you don't talk about the org but it was okay to talk about
                what the teachings did for you in your own life.

                ME: Well, if you've ever been in an
                ECK booth at a secular event that
                was Not a Psychic Fair or a Body,
                Mind, Spirit Expo or a New Age
                event you might have a different
                experience. I have. Think about
                a 2 1/2 week State Fair with about
                750,000 in attendance. Or, how
                about an EK Booth at a street fair
                across from a major university.
                Anyway, we did come under verbal
                attack from time-to-time. Of course
                we really didn't care if they joined
                or not... that was their karma...
                we did our part by being there
                if nothing else. That reminds me.
                Remember how we were told that
                when we stir up deep seated truth
                that if will affect people negatively
                because they can't handle it. The
                same goes for what we're saying,
                here, about Eckankar. The Truth
                is being stirred up and ECkists
                can't handle it and that's what
                upsets them. Gotta Go... later!

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 5, 2012
                  Thank you Prometheus,

                  You always say it so well.

                  It wasn't Ford's book that shook me awake.  It was being told by a high initiate how initiations really come about and how high initiates report about lower people that usually causes an initiation or prevents one.  I saw so much back biting going on that I found it sincerely offensive that it was these people who would really decide whether or not I got an initiation.   At that time, initiations became worthless to me.

                  When I asked the questions about such things, the area resa went ballistic on me.  I guess I was supposed to feel bad about myself for asking.  Instead of being spiritually strong, eckist looked like a bunch of whiny cry babies and I felt that my own growth had taken a some what backwards turn since I joined eckankar.  There wasn't anything spiritual in what I was seeing and I decided I would rather decide for myself where I stood.

                  His behavior along with everything else I had learned was enough to clear my head.  I bought and read Ford's book a few months later.  Coming from some one who had been prominent in eckankar. it helped me deal with my angry feelings about the lies and betrayal.

                  Funny, high initiates can pass judgment on lower chelas but a lower person can't even ask questions about how things are done.  That to me says they want to hide the truth from you as long as possible.  Finally, I don't see any value of initiations based on gossip and another persons prejudiced observations.

                  I got the pink slip after I had decided to quit.  I guess promoting an unworthy person was better than losing a dues paying member.  I threw the thing in the trash were it belonged.  I haven't spoken to an eckist since then nor do I care to.

                  I wish non of them any harm but I could never tolerate hearing that dribble again.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 6, 2012
                    Hello Non eckchains,
                    Thanks for taking the time
                    to share your experiences.
                    I'll include some comments
                    as well.

                    "Non" eckchains wrote:
[...]

                    ME: I think that many ECKists
                    were very gung-ho when they
                    started out. We, and those we
                    associated with, were fanatics.
                    We'd find the other fanatics at
                    the seminars because we all
                    volunteered in order to get
                    close to and rub elbows with
                    the higher ups and would be
                    assigned backstage or in
                    back hallways where the LEM
                    would sneak in with his entourage.
                    Sometimes a half dozen of us
                    would stay in the same room.

                    Also, In the old days it was okay
                    to receive and study two discourses
                    at the same time and my mentor,
                    a 7th initiate, recommended
                    that I do that. One discourse
                    was for private study, one was
                    for Satsang class.

                    BTW-I wrote to celebrities recommending
                    Eckankar too, but Nixon wasn't
                    included. Quite frankly, I can't
                    remember who they were, but
                    that's okay because it would
                    just embarrass me to remember.
                    It was fun at first but became
                    bullshit when I saw ECkists who
                    were not as spiritually advanced
                    as others getting promoted. And,
                    it happened all the time because
                    Gross and Klemp had no clue.
                    They depend upon others to tell
                    them who should be promoted.

[...]

                    ME: Yes, that's about it. And, yes, one isn't
                    permitted to keep asking questions, unless,
                    you're new. After you get the 2nd initiation
                    that's it for questions... no more! You're
                    supposed to get your answers on the inner
                    or have faith that you're being led by the
                    inner master even if you can't dream of him.
                    Generally, even non-eckists can see a blue
                    light when they meditate. It's supposed to
                    be the Blue Light of the Mental Plane versus
                    the Mahanta. Maybe that's why it's interchangeable
                    since more people tend to see a blue light.
                    But, prior to EK I would see yellow and white
                    lights too.

                    I found some good stuff on this site that has some of Margaret Singer's writings
                    on cults of all kinds and recovery.

                    http://www.refocus.org/

                    At what point does deception become self-deception and then it becomes what is
                    really just an outright lie. What does it take to lie to yourself? Denial. But
                    denial pays a price at some point. At first there may be some discomfort or even
                    pain. So to deny must involve some level of numbing out, covering up, becoming
                    ever more deluded.

                    ME: The thing is, most of us delude
                    ourselves to varying degrees about
                    all sorts of things whether known,
                    or repressed and forgotten. It can
                    be fun to dream and pretend and
                    to deny reality, but it does catch
                    up to people, usually, when it's
                    almost too late. Being young at
                    heart doesn't mean we shouldn't
                    grow up and see beyond the make-
                    believe or the lies. ECKists are generally
                    very passive and this is what makes
                    them lazy thinkers. They get too
                    comfortable. But, Klemp keeps them
                    busy so they don't have time to think
                    about life without Eckankar. The
                    irony is the Easy Way Discourse because
                    Eckankar, itself, is the Easy Way.

                    My brother was quite forceful in his attempts to get me involved in eckankar
                    and to be a member. He became quite nasty about it even and still is. Yes,
                    denial is the root of hypocrisy, an attempt to not feel the harm they do to
                    others and to themselves. (and then there are those who are just pathological
                    and do not feeling normal guilt and this does not keep them up at night or if it
                    does it is the fault of their victims somehow)
                    Truth to them is just TWISTED.

                    ME: I always thought it was odd
                    to claim that Jesus was a 2nd initiate
                    and that Harold was a childhood
                    friend of Jesus. It's especially odd
                    when the liars Twitchell, Gross,
                    and Klemp couldn't/can't hold a
                    candle to what Jesus did and taught.
                    EKists act like they are far above
                    others in awareness/spiritual
                    consciousness etc. with their fake
                    initiations, but look at how H.I.s
                    treat fellow EKists let alone what
                    they think of the public. It's really
                    very hypocritical of ECKists when
                    they can't even follow the teachings
                    of love, compassion, empathy
                    (Klemp's nemesis), tolerance,
                    and forgiveness as "2nd initiate"
                    Jesus lived and taught. [end]
                    -prometheus

                    noneckster ; )
                  • Non
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 6, 2012
                      Thanks Janice and Prometheus for your comments and empathy. I think some of us are more sensitive, while others are more resilient, and of course there are other factors that have to do with periods of transition where all of us may be more vulnerable to getting dragged into a destructive cult.

                      It is true that coming from a religious upbringing that relies on "faith" that the initial attraction of an eckankar like cult seems to offer proof through experience. Yet, as has been pointed out many times here, that if the lame living eck master/mahanta is so omnipotent, omnipresent, and all knowing etc. then why use HI spies and snail mail to watch over his flock. Experience is subjective and delusion is ripe for those who are told what their experience is supposed to be. Here's an experiment. Think of a certain car, and for that day you will see that kind of car every where you drive.

                      A previous post with a quote from the Dahlia Lama that their philosophy was simply kindness really speaks to me. If there is one thing I am beginning to learn, it is that coming back down to earth being is the basis for anything else we may discover spiritually or even psychologically. Tis a Gift to be Simple is a great little song.

                      non eckster ; )

                      eckchains wrote:

                      At what point does deception become self-deception and then it becomes what is
                      really just an outright lie. What does it take to lie to yourself? Denial. But
                      denial pays a price at some point. At first there may be some discomfort or even
                      pain. So to deny must involve some level of numbing out, covering up, becoming
                      ever more deluded.

                      My brother was quite forceful in his attempts to get me involved in eckankar
                      and to be a member. He became quite nasty about it even and still is. Yes,
                      denial is the root of hypocrisy, an attempt to not feel the harm they do to
                      others and to themselves. (and then there are those who are just pathological
                      and do not feeling normal guilt and this does not keep them up at night or if it
                      does it is the fault of their victims somehow)

                      Truth to them is just TWISTED.

                      noneckster ; )
                    • Russ Rodnick
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 7, 2012
                        I agree with your perception regarding the imaginary greatness. To reveal a personal truth, for me these ideals covered my insecurities allowing me to get out of myself which is a good thing, I think. What good came of it, for me it was the first time that I felt an identification within myself with the idea of being a vehicle for spirit. Post-eck, I am still becoming a vehicle for spirit, but it doesn't have anything to do with HKor other imaginary masters. However, I do feel a Presence at times, that feels higher but is devoid of personality. I think it is a part of myself rather than another person or entity. Freedom.

                        so, it's not all black and white for me, you know what I mean?

                        Good wishes to you!

                        Russ

                        From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
                        To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 9:00 PM

                        Hello All, I was thinking about some of the lies we were told while in Eckankar and of how and why we accepted them so readily. For instance, there's the long standing rule that EKists don't proselytize, in part, due to the Law of Non-Interference. But, all this actually meant is that ECKists don't go door-to-door like Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. Proselytizing means trying to: "proselytize |&#712;präs&#601;l&#601;&#716;t&#299;z| verb [ with obj. ] convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another: the program did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many | [ no obj. ] : proselytizing for converts | (as noun proselytizing) : no amount of proselytizing was going to change their minds. • advocate or promote (a belief or course of action): Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas." Leaving books and brochures in laundromats or bookmarks in books at libraries and in bookstores is not following the Law of Non-Interference. Neither is having EK Internet Videos or booths at Psychic Fairs. BTW- Let me speak about another thought. Does Klemp have a sense of divine intercession? Does he sit in this Eden Prairie (mahanta) man cave and HU/pray for the spiritual evolution of mankind or for world peace? Many religious leaders and Maharishis who don't go out and preach at least pray for intercession. What does Klemp do except write trashy books and promote his $$$ religious wares via his volunteer grass roots sales staff and via the pros at the ESC. Prometheus
                      • Russ Rodnick
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 7, 2012
                          I was living in a commune type environment for 10 years and after I left that I felt a void inside that I wanted to fill with an active spiritual path. Eckankar fit the bill. At the time I was really into magical thinking, dreams as a doorway to invisible worlds and the mythology of the superman. I couldn't believe in the normal, ordinary as being all there was. Now, however I feel that everyone who is 'doing' eckankar are believers. but not in themselves, as they really are, but in a 'thing' outside themselves. Courage isn't something born in the heart of those who follow blindly evading the 500 pound elephant in the room, in favor of courting the Darshan and being lifted into the higher planes. I think the experiences people are looking for are just inside the door. We don't have to be led to ourselves do we? just be it, create the flow and it will be your reality.

                          Russ

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 8, 2012
                            I also thank you non eckester. Your contributions are invaluable to my learning and growth.  I feel most fortunate indeed to have the insights of all of you.

                            To Russ:  I found your mentioning living in a communial situation very interesting.  I would so like to hear more if you can share it.

                            In closing, I would like you all to know that I feel blessed by being a part of this site and having the opportunity to see more of the hearts and minds of all of you as we discuss our experiences in eckankar.

                            Each and every one of you shows true beauty and wisdom, much more evident than that of devout eckist.  So my brothers and sisters, if we failed to fit into the eckankar scheme it must mean we had grown past it's boundaries.

                            Bless you all as you have blessed me with your knowledge.