Agent for / of God

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012

        Joan be coloring her hair?
        Isn't that considered to be
        vain for a 9th Initiate... like
        wearing contact lens versus
        glasses?

        Prometheus

        "etznab wrote:

        An Eckankartruth repost.

        Considering the idea of agents for and of God, the LEM (Living Eck
        Master) was / is apparently NOT called the one and only (as will be
        shown later in Paul Twitchell's writings).

        Some excerpts (and trying to correct for typos) from Julian Johnson use
        the word "Master" where Paul Twitchell (or should I say, Rebazar
        Tarzs?) used "Sugmad" (a word of "God").:

        [...] Now, if the Master's disciple wishes to escape the creation of
        karma of any sort, let him do whatever he does in the name of the
        Master, acting as his agent. So long as he does that, he will not
        create new karma, because he is acting solely as the agent of another,
        and always the principal is responsible for the acts of his agent. But
        he must do this not merely in a ceremonial way but
        with his entire thought and soul in it. In deep earnest let him do all
        things, every detail of his life, in the name of his Master. This will,
        per necessity, oblige him to do only what he thinks his Master will
        approve of. When he approaches a task or a proposed act, he will
        remember that it is to be done in the name of the Master. He will fix
        his mind on the Master, and then in love and devotion he will
        do the work as a genuine service to the Master and in his name. He will
        remember that nothing is his own. All belongs to the Master because he
        has dedicated all to the Masterâ€" even his mind and his body, as well as
        his property. So he must use them all as if he were using the property
        of another, and use them exactly as he believes the owner would like to
        have him use them. [...] But the main point under consideration here is
        that if the disciple uses his mind and his body and his wealth all in
        the name of the Master, he is not creating any karma. Essentially it is
        the Master acting and not the disciple. The disciple is only the agent
        of the Master, So long as he is acting sincerely and wholeheartedly as
        the agent and disciple of the Master, it is really the Master who is
        acting. When our lives are sincerely dedicated to the path, we give up
        all to the Guru and we think only of doing his commands.

        Jesus said: If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.
        (John 8:31)

        And this is so regarding the disciples of any Master. Inayat Khan, a
        noted Sufi, says: Give us all you have, and we will give you all we
        possess.

        And in that saying there is much wisdom and a great promise. It means
        that if the disciple gives up allâ€" mind, body, wealth and soul to the
        Master, the Master will in return give the disciple such wealth as no
        king ever possessed. The Master will give him riches that surpass all
        else on earth, and in exchange for the surrender of himself to the
        Master, he will gain a freedom that makes him master of a limitless
        empire. It is not that the Master wants the disciple's mind or body or
        property. It is for the benefit of the disciple alone that the Master
        asks him to dedicate all to him. Such a gift on the part of the
        disciple generates more love in the disciple and enables the Master to
        do more for him, and at the same time it protects the disciple from
        making mistakes. [... .]

        Based on: The Path of the Masters, by Julian Johnson, Copyright 1939

        http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

        *********

        [...] "Now, if you wish to escape the creation of karma of any sort,
        then whatever you do, must be done in the name of the SUGMAD, while
        acting as his agent. So long as you do that, you will not create new
        karma, because you are acting solely as the agent of another, and
        always the principal is responsible for the acts of his agent.

        "You must do this not merely in a ceremonial way, but with your entire
        thought and Soul in it. In deep earnest, you must let yourself do all things,
        every detail of your life, in the name of the SUGMAD. This will, by necessity,
        oblige you to do only what you think the SUGMAD intends for you to do.

        "This is the psychology which is a part of the philosophy of ECKANKAR.
        Do every action in the name of the SUGMAD, and you have no responsibility
        toward any living creature in the lower worlds, under the plane of the SUGMAD.

        "When you approach a task, or a proposed act, you will remember that it
        is to be done in the name of the SUGMAD. You will fix your mind merely
        on the name of the SUGMAD, and in sincerity it will be done as a
        genuine service.

        "The SUGMAD does not. The catalytic agent is the ECK power which works
        between you and the SUGMAD. It carries out your action relieving you of
        the responsibility which would otherwise have settled upon your shoulders.

        "You must remember that nothing is your own. All belongs to the SUGMAD,
        because all creation belongs to the greatest deity, and you use your
        body, mind and Soul as the property of the SUGMAD. The main point I am
        making here is that if you use your mind and your body and possessions
        in the name of the SUGMAD, you are not creating any karma.

        "Essentially it is the SUGMAD acting and not you. You are merely the
        agent of the SUGMAD, while at the same time the SUGMAD is your agent.
        So long as you are acting sincerely and whole-heartedly as the agent of
        the SUGMAD, it is really the SUGMAD who is acting as your agent.

        "Gopal Das, noted ECK Master, said that if you give all, you will get
        all. In this saying there is wisdom and a great promise. It means that
        if you give up all, mind, body, wealth and Soul to the SUGMAD, the
        SUGMAD must by ITS own law serve you in return.[... .]

        Reportedly, this was Rebazar Tarzs, in The Far Country, by Paul
        Twitchell, Copyright 1971

        http://www.archive.org/stream/farcountry017342mbp/farcountry017342mbp_djvu.txt

        *********

        Notice that Julian Johnson writes: Inayat Khan, a noted Sufi, says:
        Give us all you have, and we will give you all we possess.

        Notice that Rebazar Tarzs says: "Gopal Das, noted ECK Master, said that
        if you give all, you will get all.

        *********

        Furthermore, In Paul's Twitchell's book there are other agents of the
        Sugmad. Including the Silent Ones and the Spiritual Travelers.

        But that's not all. Speaking about the Hindu Trinity, etc., Julian
        Johnson writes:

        [...] In fact, these three represent creative currents; they carry the
        creative impulses from the greater powers above. But they have been
        given these individual names as persons. It is well to remember that
        all creative currents may become personal, that is, take individual
        form and assume individual duties. Now these three have generally been
        accepted as the Hindu trinity of gods, most commonly known in their
        pantheon. Millions worship them in spite of their subordinate position.
        They each perform a certain function in carrying on the work of the
        world, in producing human bodies, and in keeping those bodies going.
        They are agents of the supreme power in serving mankind. They are not
        gods to be worshipped. [... .]

        http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

        Paul Twitchell has Rebazar Tarzs say:

        [...] In fact, these three represent creative currents. They carry the
        creative impulses from the greater powers above, but they have been
        given these individual names, as persons.

        "It is well to remember that all creative currents may become personal;
        that is, take individual form and assume individual duties, as Krishna,
        Christ, Buddha and others. Now these three have generally been accepted
        as the Hindu trinity of Gods, as commonly known in their literature and
        religion. Millions worship them in spite of their subordinate position.
        These powers are the real servants of man. They perform a certain
        function in carrying on the work of the world, in producing human
        bodies, and in keeping these bodies going. They are the agents of the
        SUGMAD in serving mankind, but not gods to be worshipped by the human
        race. [... .]

        http://www.archive.org/stream/farcountry017342mbp/farcountry017342mbp_djvu.txt

        *********

        It looks like Paul Twitchell plagiarized, paraphrased Julian Johnson
        and then changed his source to Rebazar Tarzs, an Eck Master. If this is
        true, it doesn't mean (IMHO) that Rebazar Tarzs is a real person
        belonging to a real Eckankar Eck Master lineage. Rather, it looks like
        Rebazar was used as a "literary device" to animate Paul Twitchell's
        writings and the writings he compiled from others. This is more than
        simply plagiarism and paraphrasing. This looks (to me) like the
        creation of fiction, pseudo man-made history and religion.

        Somebody show me where this subject is addressed in the Eckankar
        writings.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2012
          Re 'performing actions in the name of another':

          In our 21st century, performing actions in the name of another is known as 'identity theft', and is usually done for the purposes of criminality and to try evade responsibility.

          Just about sums up the moral code of HK and Ekult!

          An ethical person, could never think of performing activity in the name of another being!
          -Postekcon