EK's Blue Light Syndrome

    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2012

      of ECKankar, Twitchell, lying
      about these details or is Klemp
      merely posing as the Mahanta?

      It has to be one or the other.
      Both versions cannot be true!

      Thus, the foundation of ECKankar
      (stated in the Shariyat) revolving
      around PT being the "Mahanta" via
      a Virgin Birth is either a lie, or Klemp
      has been lying for 30 years about
      being the Mahanta since he was
      ineligible to begin with.

      Check the index of the Shariyat
      Book One for "Mahanta, birth of."

      Yes, it's interesting that Twitchell
      had no knowledge of the "Mahanta"
      Consciousness for 18 years after
      (finishing with) his 12th Initiation,
      by Rebazar circa 1951, to ECK Master
      status!

      PT (Shariyat One):
      "This time the ancient prediction
      that a New World Avatar would
      be born on a great body of water,
      near the shores where horses grazed
      was to become true. This time Peddar
      Zaskq was born on a Mississippi
      river packet enroute to New Orleans.

      The Miraculous Birth took place
      just below the city of Natchez,
      Mississippi near a stock farm.
      At the time of his birth, a great
      earthquake shook the Mississippi
      valley, forming a vast body of
      lakes in western Tennessee.

      There appeared a BLUE CARNATION
      in a vase on a night table by the
      mother's bed."

      ME: This Blue Carnation symbol
      of the Mahanta Consciousness
      was created by Twitchell after-the-
      fact with 20/20 hindsight. This is
      another rewrite by Twitchell. If he
      did have the "Mahanta Consciousness"
      then why didn't he mention it prior
      to 1969? This 1971 pub is to rectify
      that mistake and act as a cover-up.

      However, when looking at the timeline
      for the 1969 creation of the Mahanta
      and his Virgin Birth we can see that
      Twitchell's authority was being challenged
      from within and without of ECKankar.
      This move was to both elevate and
      solidify his position as the sole leader
      of ECKankar.... forever or until another
      comes on the scene who can claim to
      have had a Virgin Birth.

      This is why Darwin Gross never really
      claimed to be the Mahanta. The Blue
      carnation was merely in keeping with
      tradition. It did not actually mean that
      DG nor HK was actually a "Full" Mahanta
      as Klemp has claimed. ECKankar's
      Holy Scripture contradicts the claims
      that Klemp has made. Therefore, Klemp
      is a liar! Or, is the Holy Book of ECKankar
      full of lies? It's one or the other!

      PT: "The work of the Hierarchy
      was completed except for the training
      of Peddar Zaskq. It was immediately
      arranged for him to be given a home
      in which to be raised.

      His Foster Parents raised him in a
      small souther river town [Paducah,
      Kentucky]. He adopted their name
      and became known as Paul Twitchell
      in the Twentieth Century."

      ME: Isn't this a different story from
      what Klemp has mentioned? Klemp
      and Marman, both, have suggested
      that Paul's father had an affair and
      that he was allowed to take Paul and
      raise him. Thus, the other children
      were Paul's half-brothers and sisters
      and his mother was his step-mother.
      Paul told this lie in order to have a
      virgin birth like Jesus and other
      Avatars, and to establish the "Blue
      Carnation" of the Mahanta connection.
      This is, also, why Darwin stated that
      Paul was the only Mahanta for the
      next thousand years. DG didn't have
      a "virgin birth" and neither did Klemp!

      PT: "He [Paul Twitchell aka Peddar
      Zaskq] looked and acted and was
      raised accordingly like any American
      child, except for his enormous knowledge
      and ability to do Soul Travel."

      ME: Once again, Twit is selling himself.
      Snake oil anyone?

      However, on another note, it always
      made me wonder why the Mental Plane
      color is Blue and the color associated
      with the Mahanta is Blue as well? Why
      is it interchangeable?

      Of course since PT "thought" up the
      whole scheme of the "Mahanta," just
      prior to January, 1969, it does make
      sense that he identified the color Blue
      with this title. When one actually considers
      the color of this "highest" consciousness
      it should, realistically, be a lighter
      color (white) as are the colors of the
      higher planes. Actually, I've seen a
      correction of this Blue Light theme
      with the RESA/Mahanta Star. Notice
      that it varies between White and Gold/
      Yellow but not Mental Plane/Mahanta
      Blue. Sometimes it's outlined in Blue
      but I haven't seen a Blue Six Pointed
      Star (of David) used except as ornaments
      hanging from the ceiling. It's slowly
      being phased out (corrected) since
      Blue depicts the Mental Plane Consciousness.

      I will say that PT/HK having Blue
      Light depict both the Mental and
      the Mahanta does keep ECKists
      off balance and confused as to
      who/what they are seeing when
      they close their eyes. This was/is
      good for PT/HK because it creates
      a Catch-22 scenario whereby any
      ekplanation can be used as validation.

      PT: "None knew much about him for
      he kept to himself. His companion in
      these years was his Stepsister who
      gave him much of his knowledge on
      Soul Travel. She acted as the instrument
      through which the divine power flowed
      to open his consciousness to God
      again, and acted as his guide until
      ECK Masters were able to take over."

      ME: So, I wonder what initiation level
      Paul's stepsister (Kay-Dee) was? That's
      probably another story (lie). But, Wow!
      Paul was really unloading a pile of B.S.
      wasn't he! It's no wonder Klemp had Peter
      Skelsky round up and destroy all of these
      copies of "Difficulties of Becoming the
      Living ECK Master." Does Marman believe
      that the true, one and only, Mahanta
      has to be born of a Virgin like Twitchell
      states? Or, does Marman think Paul was
      lying about his Virgin Birth like he did
      with "Paris."

      Prometheus
    • etznab18
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2012
        The color blue is also associated with the "Mental" Plane. In The Tiger's Fang (or was it Dialogues With The Master?) Paul reportedly entered Daswan Dwar, two levels below the Soul Plane, or Sat Nam. Yet, in some places Daswan Dwar sounds like the pure spiritual worlds. (Maybe Daswan Dwar is a "region"?)

        In any case, after what sounds like the Casual Plane (Lower Mental Plane), Paul and Rebazar Tarzs go to the land of Sohang. I believe the color there was blue.

        Will have to check on this.

        OK. Here's a link from Dialogues With The Master - reportedly about Soul Travel events prior to The Tiger's Fang. Page search for the word blue. It comes up as associated NOT with the spiritual, but the intellectual. It was also associated with the 4th plane ... where the ruler was Sohang.

        http://www.mirrorh.com/dwtm.html

        "The color of this plane is blue ... ." appears in DWTM book, as I just showed. It appears again in Introduction to Eckankar.

        http://www.mirrorh.com/itecpwPage2.html

        And again in The Far Country.

        http://www.mirrorh.com/tfctfc.html

        OK. So here we find a similar story in three Eckankar books (btw, Why does R.T. repeat so much of this stuff to P.T. twice?; in DWTM & TFC?

        ***

        There is a lot of similar material in The Path of the Masters by Julian Johnson, but a scan of the book brings up the word blue NADA times.

        http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

        http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters#page/n1/mode/2up

        Needless to say, the color blue is associated with the Mental Plane in a number of traditions. Perhaps even mentioned in RadhaSoami tradition, but in another text?

        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2012
          Hello Etznab and All,
          Here's some info that looks
          like some of what Twitchell
          had plagiarized. Scroll down
          and check out the section
          titled: Thought-Forms

          http://www.anandgholap.net/Devachanic_Plane-CWL.htm

          Message 4 of 4 , May 18, 2012
            Hello Etznab and All,
            Thanks for the links.
            I thought I'd post some
            of the (1939) "Path of
            the Masters" info. Perhaps,
            later, I'll select certain
            passages for discussion.

            As I said in another post,
            Twit (IMO) used the info
            on Judaism, from "Path,"
            to create the story about
            the future LEM "Zohar" etc.

            Anyway, the text below
            shows where Twit got the
            idea for "ECKankar" aka
            EKankar. Ever wonder why
            both "EK" and "ECK" are
            used? Look at the spelling.
            Now you know where that
            originated!

            ***********************
            [Based on: The Path of the Masters,
            by Julian Johnson, Copyright 1939,
            Sixteenth Edition 1997, Chap. Five:
            God and the Grand Hierarchy of the Universe, pp. 242-245. -
            The Path of the Masters was reportedly written in the 1930s.]

            God and the Grand Hierarchy of the Universe

            [....]

            4. NAMES OF THE SUPREME BEING

            In the literature of the saints, God is expressed by many words, such as Soami, Ekankar, Nirankar, Radha Soami, Akal, Nirala, Anami, Agam, Alakh, Sat Purush, Prabhu, Prabhswami, Hari Rai, Akshar, Parameshwar, Akshar Purush, etc. All of these words have been coined in an effort to convey to human intelligence some idea of what the saints think of God, or Lord God, the highest power. Ekankar means the 'one oneness', the body of oneness. Nirankar means 'without body or form'. Soami or Swami means the 'all-pervading lord'. Radha Soami — radha, 'soul', and soami, 'lord' — 'the lord of the soul'. The word radha, in Hindi, when reversed becomes dhara. This means 'current' or 'stream of energy', the attribute of the soul. When the dhara is reversed, when it turns upwards away from the creation, it becomes radha, the soul.

            Akal means 'timeless'. Nirala means 'peerless', having none like him. Anami means 'without name'. Agam means 'inaccessible'. Sat Purush, 'true lord', is the really existing Lord as distinguished from all hypothetical gods. That which is not sat does not really exist. Sat means 'truth', 'reality', 'existence'. Hence the fundamental idea of truth is existence. The untrue does not exist; the true does. Hence truth and existence are synonymous terms. Purush implies 'being', and 'being' implies 'creative energy' — predominating and presiding Lord, the source of creative energy. Prabhu means 'lord, having power and control'. Prabhswami means 'all-pervading lord, having power'. Hari Rai means the 'lord who has real power', the actual king of all, like Sat Purush. This is used in contradistinction to Dharam Rai, the negative power, who controls the Three Worlds. It implies law and order. Dharam is 'law', 'order', 'system', and it is used also to designate religion or any religious system. Hari Rai is Sat Purush, or Akal Purush, while Dharam Rai is Kal Purush, Kal, or Brahm.

            The whole universe is considered as one, the true Ekankar. There is perfect oneness in the universe, which is also coexistent with God — infinite, unlimited. Hence, the Soami is nirankar, that is, formless. As such, he is without personality, hence without name. He cannot be said to be 'anywhere' as he is everywhere. Since he is everywhere, all and everything, he must be impersonal. Of course, he may assume any number of forms, but none of these forms embrace his entire being any more than one sun embraces the sum total of physical matter.

            When Soami limits himself to some extent, however slightly, he becomes Agam Purush. If a little more limited, he is Alakh Purush, and when he takes a definite form for the purpose of administering the affairs of the universe, he then becomes Sat Purush, or Sat Nam. Sat Nam then becomes the first definitely limited manifestation of the supreme one. But he is not limited, except as to form. Sat Nam, 'true name', is that which defines his individuality, and points definitely to the first personal manifestation of the infinite one.

            The names of the supreme being in other languages besides the Sanskrit and Hindi are as many as are the ideas of him. God is an Anglo-Saxon adaptation of 'good'. He is the chief good or the sum total of good. Deus is the Latin name, signifying something like 'supreme emperor'. Theos is the Greek appellation, meaning the chief of those august powers who sat upon Mount Olympus and ruled the world. Adonai Elohim or Yahveh are some of the Hebrew names assigned to the god who was first a tribal deity of the Jews, but was later proclaimed Lord over all gods and worlds. He was the supreme lawgiver, the commander of all the armies of Israel. He was the majestic warrior whose wrath was so much to be feared. This is the God to whom Sir Richard Burton refers when he writes in his Kasidah of Abdul el Yezdi: "Yahveh, Adon, or Elohim, the God that smites, the man of war!" Fancy the psychological reaction of tender childhood under the teaching which daily held up such a god to them! No wonder Kingsley, in Alton Locke, says: "Our God, or rather, our gods, until we were twelve years old were hell, the rod, the ten commandments, and public opinion."

            [....]

            The saints are not sticklers for names. They frankly concede that the supreme one is anami, 'nameless', and so they say, in substance, "Take your choice as to names."

            There is Allah the merciful, of Islam, who sent his last and greatest Prophet, Mohammed, to gather into one army the desert tribes and break up all their idols. There are Indra and Varuna, the ancient gods who shine out in great majesty among the hosts of gods mentioned in Vedic literature. There are Brahm, Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh, and a host of others, all gods of the sacred books. There are Akshar, Parameshwar, Purush, and Purushottam, Sanskrit names for the creative and governing power. Zarathustra spoke of Ormuzd, and the Norseman spoke of Thor.

            Om is the Sanskrit sound symbol for the supreme one. The North American Indians speak of Manitou, the father of them all, who ruled over all the tribes.

            [....]

            The saints have given many names to the supreme being, according to the country in which they lived and the language used by them. But all saints recognize that no name is adequate. No name can ever describe God or convey any fair conception of his attributes. It is not good to contend for a name. What is the difference whether we say Radha Soami or Ram or Allah? It is quite immaterial whether we say pani (Urdu), eua (French), amma (Cherokee Indian), hudor (Greek), aqua (Latin) or water. They all mean exactly the same.

            [....]

            [Based on: pp. 242-245 The Path of the Masters, Sixteenth Edition 1997]

            *Links: http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters#page/n1/mode/2up

            [end]