Re: A Typical Psychic Fair Eckankar Booth

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2012
      Hello Non-eckchains and All,
      Message 6178 gives the info
      you were seeking.

      BTW- I copied the ECK Booth
      experience and thought I'd
      post it for reference:

      "I quickly became kind of fascinated with Eckankar. They have this leader named Harold Klemp and they're very into dreams, reincarnation, and songs about the "light and sound of God." The soft-spoken people I talked to explained that Eckankar was very different from a religion because religions became dogmatic and controlling. This was not the case for them because they just have rigid beliefs about the "higher realms" and require a $130 annual membership fee, which are neither dogmatic nor controlling. Right?

      A seemingly nice lady explained to me that other religions are just influenced by the true "holy spirit" while they had managed to tap into the real divine essence itself. I asked if maybe the whole Eckankar business was doing the same thing and that it was just packaged in a way that appealed to them personally, similar to how they perceived other religions. She said she could see what I was getting at, but that she had personal, spiritual experiences to back up her feelings about God, aka SAGMUD [ME: s/b Sugmad or Sugji].

      "But all religious people say that," I shot back, probably with a little too much belligerence. At this point I felt like I'd hit my limit and really needed to get away from these people as soon as possible. Our conversation devolved into them resorting to the "Take it or leave it" approach. Besides, as my frustration with these people increased, the possibility of being revealed as a non-believer (which would probably result in some kind of Invasion of the Body Snatchers-esque point-and-scream mob scene) increased proportionally.

      After saying goodbye to my fellow investigators, I stopped by the iodine supplement salesman to show him that I still had an orange mark from the test droplet I took earlier. It looked almost identical to how it did a minute after I applied it. In fact I was starting to get kind of worried that he would be spinning around a large plate across the table with a blue test tube on it, saying "And now, Dr. Jones, you will give me the diamond" in exchange for the antidote to the poison I had just applied. But it turned out that he just wanted $35 for a bottle of iodine.

      "It's almost faded. You definitely need this!" He insisted. I told him that I just had to run to my car to get my wallet. In reality I just went to my car to get the hell away from this madness. He'd have to settle for a payment on the astral plane, or in my dreams, or in a past life, or some other such nonsense."

      ME: Yeah, it's funny that these
      Eckists, probably H.I.s, are lying
      about Eckankar not being "dogmatic"
      or "controlling."