"The Path of the Masters" Twitchell's Blueprint For A Religion

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 10:00 PM
      Hi All,

      I was looking at my copy of this book by Julian P. Johnson and was
      reminded of the source of much of Paul's material when he created
      Eckankar. Yes, Eckankar is pretty much just a Western version of
      Radha Soami Satsang Beas.

      Anyway, here's something I found where Paul Westernized the Five
      Passions of the Mind and the Five Virtures. The Radasoami [R]
      version, from page 362 of "Path", will be given then the Eckankar
      [E] version from page 73 of the Eckankar Lexicon.

      PASSION VIRTUE

      [R] KAM (LUST) SHIL CHASTITY, CONTINENCE
      [E] KAMA (LUST) VIVEKA DISCRIMINATION

      [R] KRODH (ANGER) KSHAMA FORGIVENESS, TOLERANCE
      [E] KRODHA (ANGER) KSHAMA FORGIVENESS, TOLERANCE

      [R] LOBH (GREED) SANTOSHA CONTENTMENT
      [E] LOBHA (GREED) SANTOSHA CONTENTMENT

      [R] MOH (ATTACHMENT) VIVEKA DISCRIMINATION
      VAIRAG DETACHMENT
      [E] MOHA (ATTACHMENT) VAIRAG DETACHMENT

      [R] AHANKAR (EGO; PRIDE) DINTA HUMILITY
      [E] AHANKARA (VANITY) DINTA HUMILITY

      So, as you can see Twitch took "artistic license" and changed one
      around. Go to the first Radasoami [R] definition of the "virtue" for
      ATTACHMENT which is VIVEKA (DISCRIMINATION) and move it up to the
      Eckankar "virture" for LUST. You see, CHASTITY and CONTINENCE just
      won't work in the Western world! Paul was somewhat clever with his
      lying, but then again he had plenty of practice. And, is it any
      wonder why it was always difficult to match up all of the passions
      to their opposite virtures. Now we know why! The puzzle is solved!

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2007
        The original opposites (Virtues) for the Passion of LUST
        were Chastity and Continence.

        Is Klemp trying to bring Chastity back with his, "Restrooms
        are Unisex" statement? Is he instructing ECKists to act like
        or to become eunuchs?

        And, is Klemp instructing his Chelas that to achieve the
        Virtue of Continence one just needs to view all restrooms
        as Unisex and, therefore, this will decrease one's anxiety,
        and give one the false impression that their Continence was
        maintained after all!

        Or, is this just another distraction to hide another physical
        ailment of HK's? Maybe it's both a two prong approach
        and to prepare ECKists for Joan's promotion like Gail did
        for Darwin. But, What about Rebazar... the True 500 year
        old, Torchbearer and LEM/Mahanta?

        BTW- Is "Dialogues With the Master" still available for sale?

[...]

        the ECKANKAR "VIRTUE" for LUST. You see, CHASTITY and CONTINENCE
        just won't work in the Western world! Paul was somewhat clever with
        his lying, but then again he had plenty of practice. And, is it any
        wonder why it was always difficult to match up all of the PASSIONS
        to their opposite VIRTUES. Now we ALL know why! The puzzle is solved!