Re: Fw: The Modern Prophet's 20/20 Hindsight Prophecies

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2012

      nothing would be accomplished,
      experienced, created, or
      imagined. For many, this
      mental experience becomes
      "spiritual" whether accurate
      or not.

      Prometheus

      Etznab wrote:
      "I always appreciate reading others opinions about Eckankar as I have mine too;
      as a 30+ year member I have MANY questions about the slow and deliberate
      guidance away from the inner to me, as in Harold. [....]"

      "Inner Master" (by various other names) is a very popular and common item.
      "Living Master" exists in various other forms, too - depending on religion /
      path.

      I wonder if this thing between "Inner" and "Outer" Master is the big problem,
      because writings I have see try to have it both ways. That the two are and are
      not the same.

      Julian Johnson in his 1939 book The Path Of The Masters illustrated it this way:

      4. THE MASTER AND THE SUPREME ONE

      There is one quality of the great Masters which I hesitate to write
      down here because it is so difficult to avoid misunderstanding on
      this subject; yet it must be written. It is a fact that there is no
      difference between the real saint, or Master, and the supreme being himself,
      that is, there is no difference, except that a saint is
      humanly embodied and is to some extent limited by that embodiment.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      I believe Paul Twitchell and Harold Klemp illustrated The Living Eck Master was
      a "vehicle" for the Mahanta. And I believe Paul Twitchell also attributed
      "limitation" to the "Living Eck Master".

      "The historical Mahanta is the bodily manifestation of the eternal Mahanta and
      is the aspect in which the Divine One becomes incarnate in human form. The
      historical Mahanta possesses the same qualities as
      the Divine One in Its second aspect, and manifests them as far as they can be
      manifested within the limitations of human nature within a definite point in
      history."

      - Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book One, by Paul Twitchell, p. 33

      IMO that reference suggests "limitations of human nature" and it does not
      suggest the historical Mahanta possesses qualities same as the Divine One in Its
      first aspect. No. It mentions second aspect - and even then "... manifests them
      as far as they can be manifested within the limitations of human nature ... ."

      In the Shariyat (same page) Paul illustrated what he called the triple aspects
      of the Sugmad which are the three bodies of the Mahanta.

      "The three bodies of the Mahanta: the absolute primordial, the eternal Mahanta,
      called the clear voice of God, which dwells in the heart of the Ocean of Love
      and Mercy; second, the body of glory; the ECK, the Cosmic Spirit, the Sound
      Current that which is all life, giving existence to all things; third, is the
      body of manifestation, the transformation, the historical Mahanta, the Living
      ECK Master in every age, who is the Eternal One, the bodily manifestation of the
      Sugmad."

      - Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book One, by Paul Twitchell, p. 33

      Some more about this can be found after searching The Far Contry for the word
      "embodied".

      http://www.archive.org/stream/farcountry017342mbp/farcountry017342mbp_djvu.txt

      The rest of the paragraph by Julian Johnson (that I gave at beginning of this
      post) reads:

      ... And when we say that the supreme one is embodied in this man whom we call a
      saint, let no one be troubled. We do not mean to say that the whole of the
      supreme one is so embodied. We could not be accused of suggesting that the
      infinite one has abandoned the presidency of the universe and enclosed his
      entire godhood in this one poor human body! The supreme one is the infinite,
      limitless whole of spiritual existence. It would be absurd to suggest that the
      universal soul of all souls, of all worlds, could be wholly centered in and
      limited to this one physical body. But it is nevertheless true that the supreme
      soul has taken form in this body.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      It looks to me like this having it both ways is troublesome.

      Spiritual leaders may have claimed not to be God (including Jesus), but many of
      the followers made a God out of them nonetheless. Paul Twitchell, Darwin Gross
      and Harold Klemp all became "Godmen". And before Paul T. there was (according to
      Paul Twitchell) a "Godman" called Rebazar Tarzs; even though the later oft
      appears animated by the writings of other authors.

      It seems to me that some people have an initial tendency to worship anything
      that appears to be a "God on Earth". However, these "Gods" on Earth (IMO) have
      drawn heavily from words and writings of other people before their time.
      Including books written by other people.

      Recently I read an article about a man who claimed to be a war hero of some
      kind, but he made it up. They were talking about whether or not the man should
      be punished. But why did the man do it? Common sense tells me he did it to
      impress public opinion.

      Supreme Court to hear arguments on whether a lie is protected speech

      http://tinyurl.com/7knehzf