Rebazar Tarzs? Or Jesus?

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2012
      A.R.E. repost:

      *********

      It has been reported by some that the first mention of Rebazar Tarzs in a public document appeared in 1964. However, Letters to Gail, Volume One, mentioned Rebazar Tarzs in the very first letter (December 6th, 1962).

      I've often wondered about that and whether the name was inserted later for the book version of LTG - which came out in 1973 (Paul Twitchell died in 1971).

      Well, here is another mention of Rebazar Tarzs prior to 1964. It appears in the book version of Letters to Gail, Volume One. The letter for April 14th, 1963.

      "[...] When Buddha was a poor, hungry beggar in pursuit of his spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Rebazar Tarzs might have commanded any army, so great was his mental energy, walked the dusty streets when in his youth, tired and hungry, in order that he might carry the spiritual message to the multitudes, his greatness eclipsed all the splendors of this world. [....]"

      Based on: Letters to Gail, Volume 1, by Paul Twitchell (d. 1971), Copyright 1973 ECKANKAR, Original copyright 1973 by Gail A. Twitchell; copyright transferred to ECKANKAR 1982, 5th Printing-1983, p. 117, 2nd paragraph.

      *********

      Reportedly, one of the most plagiarized books by Paul Twitchell was The Far Country, 1971, when compared with The Path Of The Masters (1939), by Julian Johnson. Here is another passage from that book by Julian Johnson.

      "[...] When the great Buddha was a poor hungry beggar in pursuit of his spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Jesus, who might have commanded any army — so great was his mental energy — walked the dusty streets, tired and hungry in order that he might carry the bread of life to the multitudes, his greatness eclipsed all the splendors of Rome. [....]"

      Based on: The Path Of The Masters - THE GREAT WORK OF THE MASTERS, p. 432, 2nd paragraph.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      Notice in that version the name was Jesus. NOT Rebazar Tarzs!

      Also notice what appears in the Letter to Gail version, by Paul Twitchell, immediately following where the LTG quote I gave left off. Example:

      "When a man gains such self-mastery that he can do great things for humanity, I must admire his courage. It indicates a greatness of spirit, and a strong power of will. This sort of thing requires a heroism far greater than that which impels a man to sacrifice his life on a battiefield. We should admire his devotion to his ideals, and admire him for showing what a man can do through mental discipline. [....]" - LTG Vol. 1, p. 117

      OK? Now have a look at what appears in The Path of The Masters book immediately following after the quote I gave from the same book.

      "[...] When a man gains such self-mastery that he can sit for hours, or even days, at a time upon a block of ice, we must admire his courage, even if we do
      not approve of his method. It indicates a greatness of spirit and a strong power of will. This sort of thing requires a heroism far greater than that which impels a man to sacrifice his life on the battiefield. We must admire that man's devotion to his own ideals. And we must love him for showing what a man can do through mental discipline. [....]"

      - The Path Of The Masters, p. 432

      *********

      What I found of interest about Paul Twitchell's words to Gail was how similar were they to those of Julian Johnson. Moreover, how Jesus appeared INSTEAD of Rebazar Tarzs in the book by Julian Johnson (1939).

      *********

      Note to self: 41391720-6978294Jesus-RT
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2012
        Hello Etznab and All,
        Well, there are several
        ways of looking at this
        Rubber Tires info.

        First, let's not forget
        one important factor.
        Twitchell is a proven
        liar, plagiarist, and
        conman.

        Twitchell's dishonesty
        started at a young age,
        27 (1935), when he
        "exaggerated" and "twisted
        facts" (as Klemp stated)
        to get into Who's Who
        in Kentucky. And, PT's
        lying continued until
        his death (as the Mahanta)
        at age 63 (born 1908).

        So, it could be that
        this particular fake
        "Master" was created
        prior to Eckankar (1965).
        Maybe it was around
        1962 when he was
        trying to impress Gail
        and that's when/how
        R.T.came about? He was
        trying to impress Gail.

        Or, maybe it was Gail
        who suggested Paul create
        his own "Master" so that
        Paul could anoint himself.
        After all, P.T. decided to
        break with Kirpal due to
        the Tiger's Fang disagreement.

        Remember, too, PT claimed
        (in June 1971 interviews
        for "Difficulties") that he
        had met RT way back even
        earlier on his "first" trip to
        India when Twit was "almost
        16" years old (1923).

        Also, it could be
        that the original
        Letters to Gail were
        edited for the book
        and Rebazar's name
        was substituted
        in place of Kirpal
        Singh's or another
        of his real Masters.
        After all this is the
        same type of editing
        that was done in
        The Tiger's Fang,
        as well as, in "The
        Flute of God."

        Therefore, there's
        a proven track record
        for deception and of
        reediting and substituting
        imaginary people for
        real people.

        To me it's kind of
        a moot point as to
        when Twitchell "first"
        lied about this or
        that. His whole life
        was pretty much a
        lie! If he was alive
        today he probably
        couldn't remember
        or confirm the exact
        year that he first
        concocted one lie
        or another.

        But, yes, Twitchell
        copied from "The
        Path of the Masters"
        and did word/name
        substitutions and
        added, omitted,
        words and switched
        letters around and
        paraphrased other
        people's original
        thoughts and research.

        It's kind of like how
        Klemp does his "stories."

        It's a sad situation
        for ECKists, but most
        don't want to know
        the Truth. Ignorance
        is Bliss! Why rock the
        boat and destroy those
        social connections?

        Plus, what would Eckists
        do without their Mahanta
        codependency? What
        religion could they
        substitute in place
        of Eckankar? None!
        They're all corrupt in
        one way or another!

        So? Be your own religion!
        There's still the Holy
        Spirit and Soul. That's
        really all you need.

        Prometheus

        etznab wrote:
        A.R.E. repost:

        *********

[...]

      • Russ Rodnick
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2012
          Right on Prometheus!

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
            Let me add this
            for good measure.

            Now this was something
            that Patti and Gail were
            reportedly said to giggle
            about. It was that Paul
            would get bent out of
            shape when asked about
            his DOB. They thought
            this was so funny when
            he said that the government
            shouldn't know his private
            information. What made
            Twitchell angry is that
            this forced him to lie
            every time, and that he
            wasn't in control. Twit
            loved being in control
            and the one doing the
            manipulating. He was
            an extrovert and a narcissist!

            However, the joke was
            on Patti, Gail, Darwin,
            Klemp and all Eckists.
            PT was even older than
            they thought!

            Gail thought Paul was
            born in 1922. He put this
            DOB on their marriage
            license!

            It turned out PT was
            about 33 years older
            (1908) than Gail versus
            the 19 years that she
            and Patti assumed. If
            Gail had known the truth
            I doubt that she would
            have married Paul and
            I doubt that Eckankar
            would exist today!

            What's funny is that
            Eckists will give Twitchell
            a pass on this lie. It's
            cute or amusing that
            the age thing bothered
            him or that he was simply
            a dirty old man wanting
            to marry a younger woman.

            That's normal, then, to
            trick a woman (or a man)
            so that one could get to
            know you better and that
            age wouldn't matter. Except,
            PT never really told Gail
            his true age. Anyway, she
            ended up seeing Darwin
            while she and Paul were
            still married. Thus, she
            later used a "dream" to
            place Darwin upon Paul's
            throne. The EK Board was
            so naive!

            Klemp might excuse PT's
            lie as being a minor sin
            or a "white" lie and being
            needed to further the cause
            of Eckankar and the Eck's
            mission. Gail was Paul's
            secretary, fellow researcher,
            and co-conspirator.

            Without the rationalizing
            and the excuses it's
            still lying! Would any
            H.I. ever think that it
            was okay to lie about
            their age? No! That's
            because they're more
            honest and ethical and
            Twit wasn't. It's a double
            standard where "By Any
            Means Necessary"
            excuses are made to
            justify the foundation
            of dishonesty that
            Eckankar was built upon.

            "Masters" can do anything
            because they have a higher
            360 degree view. How can
            anyone "Know" what they
            know or have seen? Look
            at their Initiation Number
            then look at yours! Therefore,
            this becomes the Hierarchical
            ekplanation and Catch-22
            excuse for Klemp to get
            away with his Mahanta
            Inner Master pretense and
            Eckankar's spiritual hoax.

[...]

            etznab wrote:
            A.R.E. repost:

            *********

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 23, 2012
               I noticed another author, PD Ouspensky who was plaigarized by PT. PD authored, "In Search of the Miraculous" his account of the teaching of George Gurdjieff.

              I'll quote chapter and verse later when I have time to dig it out of the Shariyat.

              Of course, all Eckankar leaders have to say to justify this is that PT got it all off the inner. It's funny that most Eckists I have known, think it was PT's' mission to gather up all the teachings of the times and put it all in context, as Eck is the source of all. PT appropriated the work of others as his/eckankar's own!!! There is no moral excuse for this only empty justifying, that he did it all for the right reasons. HAH! The ends never justify the means. Eckists, need to let go of this constant justifying the obviously immoral actions of PT and the complicity of HK and the currrent leadership. Moral courage is refreshing. Where exactly is the courage of the so called "Spiritual Man"?

              Russ

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 23, 2012
                Please do quote chapter and verse. I'm always looking for new examples.

                Here's a pdf link to the book.

                http://gnosis-mgi.org/download/en/Ouspensky%20-%20In%20Search%20of%20the%20Miraculous.pdf