Fw: [eckankartruth] Eckankar is Amazing. (but not in a good way)

  • Gnothe Seauton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2012

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: harrisonferrel <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      To: eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:47 AM
      Subject: [eckankartruth] Eckankar is Amazing. (but not in a good way)

      I've been posting to this board for many years. I got out of eckankar about fifteen years ago after having been in it for 12.

      What I find amazing is that we live in a world of information and with vast resources at our fingertips. To belong to eckankar, follow the nonsense of its teachings and not to take a close look at the contradictions is the most amazing part of all. It just goes to show that eckankar exists because its followers are wanting. It's a codependent relationship between the nutjob in the cheap blue suit and all of his sycophants nodding their heads and singing a monosyllabic phrase of dubious origin. Just like any other religious teaching the followers don't care to hear about the contradictions, lack of common sense, negativity or incredulity. They just want to be told a pack of lies, which is brain-numbing because they refer to themselves as truth-seekers.

      And I sit here after having spent 12 years in the cult, so I too was one of these numbskulls. However, I got out when the internet was on the rise. As soon as I discovered that eckankar was a load of horseshit, thanks to Sharon and David Lane, I was out of there quick and fast.

      Bottom line: there is no real good excuse to be in eckankar in this day and age.