Reply to Ingrid on Eckankar

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 9:47 AM
      Hello Ingrid,

      Welcome to the site. I hope you will find it interesting and a means
      to share with others some of what you experienced while in Eckankar.

      Yes, there was (is?) some truth in Eckankar, but for me it was truth
      according to what my expectations and needs were at the time. When I
      think back now, however, I find it difficult to see what truth there
      was in Eckankar. I can see the lies, half-truths, and myths better
      than I can see this "truth." After all, Twitchell took Radasoami and
      other beliefs to create his own thing where he in 1969 made
      himself "Mahanta." Paul even changed the definition of the word in
      order to place himself in an unreproachful position by being the
      savior of all saviors!

      Since leaving Eckankar my beliefs have changed quite dramatically.
      This is because I have taken the leap to spiritual freedom (and semi-
      Mastership) in this here and now rather than hoping to achieve this
      through the future hope/expectation of initiation. Actually, my semi-
      Mastership now has a greater value and level of consciousness to it
      than what I see is Harold's consciousness as a mahanta and pseudo-
      master.

      As to the pilgrimages of Eckists to their temple... it would seem
      that Harold has trully created a religion which has imitated other
      religions. Chanassen is the Mecca, Holy Land, or Vatican of the
      West! Eckankar is truly a "church" with "worship services,"
      a "missionary" program and trainings, and "hymns" to sing
      like "Amazing HU." And yet, most Eckists have no clue about the
      true "Radasoami" living master roots or the true Twitchell (wanna be
      like L. Ron Hubbard) history of their religion.

      Yes, I would say that ignorance is truly bliss (for Eckists) and
      that religion is definately the opiate of the masses.