Aliens - Actual or Imaginary?

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
      Recently saw article by Paul Twitchell from The New Cosmic Star, dated February 1968, entitled: UFO's Are Visitors from Astral Plane.

      Quoting excerpt from article:

      "The logical explanation for UFO's is that they are not visitors from outer space, secret developments by any government, nor the result of mass hysteria. They are perfectly natural astral projections of the psychic world."

      *********

      Maybe it's just me, but I'm curious about why Eckankar teachings like to have it both ways. For example, I've heard talk by Harold Klemp and others (in so many words) suggesting UFO's are not space aliens so much as they are from the psychic, etc. It sounds to me a little like denial about visitors from other planets and outer space. However, I can't see denial after considering stories about Gakko, or about Eckankar, from Venus. I can't see denial after considering all those races from other planets mentioned by Paul Twitchell in The ECK-Vidya, Ancient Science of Prophecy book (Some of them supposed to come take over planet Earth in the future).

      Surely the Eckankar writings are replete with stories about people and races of people from other planets, aren't they? So it kind of throws me for a loop when UFO's are associated with the Astral and psychic planes. Maybe the message is only that "the majority" of UFO experiences are not "real" aliens, but psychic plane and imagination?

      Any thoughts about what is the answer? Like (so far as what Paul Twitchell and Eckankar wrote), is it both?

      Etznab

      The New Cosmic Star article link is here.

      http://tinyurl.com/6vsuyoo
    • etznab18
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
        Another article on topic. SPACE TRAVEL BY OUT-OF-THE-BODY PROJECTION - Paul Twitchell, Introduction to Eckankar, 1966. (Venus is mentioned on p. 46)

        http://tinyurl.com/7aubouw

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
          Hello Etznab and All,
          Yes, it seems that Twit