Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Omnec Onec

  • Austin Atma
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2011

      On Dec 13, 2011, at 7:07 PM, "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

      She claims to be from venus
      and seems to be associated
      with Eckankar, see also

      http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3513.0

      Thank you in advance.

      KrazyKraut

    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
        I saw this woman years ago on the Jerry Springer show - back when he did a "normal" talk show, not today's circus/trainwreck. I felt very embarrassed that she might give a wrong impression of ekult. Ha, that was before I got online and learned that ekult has quite a few fruitcakes. When I got online, probably on hu-chat or chela-chat (or whatever) I asked about her - some other eckists were familiar with her and had seen her at seminars, but like other uncomfortable subjects, discussion was discouraged.

        I just did a quickie search. Didn't look at many other than: http://whatnowgrasshopper.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-ex-wife-was-born-on-venus.html - he uses the e-name "Huzone".

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Austin Atma <austinatma@...> wrote:

        > Is it one of Sheila S.'s spin-off's?
        >
        > On Dec 13, 2011, at 7:07 PM, "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hello All,
        > > Yes, she does seem to
        > > be very New Age and
        > > Eckie. I think she's German
        > > vs Venusian, but Eckankar
        > > does have EK Masters
        > > from Venus... Gakko
        > > and Rami Nuri are two...
        > > maybe she's another,
        > > only, she's living, Visible
        > > (a real person) and is
        > > on the Internet!
        > >
        > > The past leader of Eckankar,
        > > Darwin Gross, claimed to
        > > be from Clarion! For those
        > > who think Gross was crazy
        > > or possessed let's not forget
        > > that he was giving Harold
        > > Klemp (LEM/Mahanta) higher
        > > initiations during this period
        > > of time!
        > >
        > > She mentions "unconditional
        > > love" which is a subject Klemp
        > > recently addressed so maybe
        > > they're both on the same wave
        > > length!
        > >
        > > http://www.omnec-onec.com/index_en.html
        > >
        > > Prometheus
        > >
        > > krazykraut wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear group,
        > >
        > > Do you have any information
        > > about "Omnec Onec"?
        > >
        > > She claims to be from venus
        > > and seems to be associated
        > > with Eckankar, see also
        > >
        > > http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3513.0
        > >
        > > Thank you in advance.
        > >
        > > KrazyKraut

      • Austin Atma
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
          Sounds like Sheila.  Bit of a "celebrity" at the dawn of the 70's.

          And so it goes...

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
            Hello Sharon and All,
            Yes, it looks like she's
            trying to supplement
            her retirement income
            by going after New Agers,
            especially, those New
            Age Baby Boomers whom
            she says need to "thrive"
            than merely "survive."
            What's the magic elixir
            or mental plane and
            "charged" word mumble-
            jumble she's selling? It
            sounds very similar to
            Klemp's New Age/Lutheran
            Eckankar!

            BTW- Does this mean that
            her ex-husband "Huzone"
            was from Mars since she's
            from Venus? This "Venus"
            thing is actually a metaphor
            right? Wouldn't people from
            Venus look different? Or,
            were these Venusians
            transported there? It sounds
            like she might actually be
            starting her own Scientology
            sect!

            Plus, she's lived her game
            (lie) and delusion for so
            long that she's believing
            it too. She's got her story
            down pat and that helps
            in telling the lie. Thus, I'm
            sure that she could pass
            a lie detector test! I looked
            at some of the New Age
            conmen and women along
            with conspiracy theorists
            who support her sensationalist
            agenda and saw David Icke's
            name ("The Lizards and the
            Jews").

            My conclusion is that she
            is a liar and a con woman
            who has delusions of grandeur
            because she's a narcissist
            and is, probably, an untreated
            and undiagnosed schizophrenic.

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
              I was thinking that this
              OMnec ONEc reminded
              me of another cult group
              (along with Scientology
              and Eckankar). I found
              this on Wikipedia:

              They believed "to be eligible for membership in the Next Level, humans would have to shed every attachment to the planet." (Balch, 2002, p. 211)

              This meant that all members had to give up all human-like characteristics such as their family, friends, sexuality, individuality, jobs, money and possessions (Balch, 2002, p. 211).

              These basic beliefs of the cult stayed generally consistent over the years however, "the details of their ideology were flexible enough to undergo modification over time." (Lewis, 2001, p. 16)

              There are many examples of the cult adding or slightly changing their beliefs over the years. This includes modifying the way one can enter the Next Level, changing the way they describe themselves, placing more importance on the idea of Satan, and adding several other New Age concepts.

              One of these concepts was the belief of extraterrestrial walk-ins.

              When the cult began, "Applewhite and Nettles taught their followers that they were extraterrestrial beings.

              However, after the notion of walk-ins became popular within the New Age subculture, the Two changed their tune and began describing themselves as extraterrestrial walk-ins." (Lewis, 2001, p. 16)

              The idea of walk-ins is very similar to the concept of being possessed by spirits.

              A walk-in can be defined as "an entity who occupies a body that has been vacated by its original soul." (Lewis, 2001, p. 368)

              An extraterrestrial walk-in, which is what Heaven's Gate came to believe, is "a walk-in that is supposedly from another planet." (Lewis, 2001, p. 368)

              The concept of walk-ins actually aided Applewhite and Nettles in starting from a clean slate personally.

              They no longer were the people they had been prior to the start of the group, but had taken on a new life and this idea actually gave them a way to "erase their human personal histories as the histories of souls who formerly occupied the bodies of Applewhite and Nettles." (Lewis, 2001, p. 368)

              Another New Age belief that Applewhite and Nettles adopted was the ancient astronaut hypothesis.

              The term "ancient astronauts" is used to refer to various forms of the concept that ufonauts visited our planet in the distant past. (Lewis, 2001, p. 16)

              Applewhite and Nettles took part of this concept and taught it as the belief that "aliens planted the seeds of current humanity millions of years ago, and have to come to reap the harvest of their work in the form of spiritual evolved individuals who will join the ranks of flying saucer crews.

              Only a select few members of humanity will be chosen to advance to this transhuman state. The rest will be left to wallow in the spiritually poisoned atmosphere of a corrupt world." (Lewis, 2001, p. 17)

              Only the individuals that chose to join Heaven's Gate and follow Applewhite and Nettle's belief and make the sacrifices that membership required would be allowed to escape human suffering. [end]