Music and ECKankar

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2011

      Of course this calming ECK Music,
      also, helps to make the followers
      a bit more docile and passive and
      this helps with making them more
      open and susceptible to subliminal
      mind control self-indroctrination.

      Look at how many Eckists play this
      music while reading Klemp's books,
      discourses, guidelines, or PT's Shariyats.
      I know that I played it a lot. It seems
      that most ECKists think/assume that
      they are more connected to the ECK
      or to the Mahanta when playing this
      music or listening to one of Klemp's
      talks. What's really interesting is that
      once I was playing an ECK tape while
      traveling to a Satsang class I was
      teaching and had a traffic accident
      that was not my fault. Where was the
      "protection" that is always promoted?
      It's all a joke and the joke was on us!
      This is where religions make the same
      promises while the hope and faith that
      are promoted become empty beliefs.

      I'm not saying that a Supreme entity
      and It's Spiritual essence doesn't exist
      or that Soul doesn't exist... I'm simply
      saying that religions were created by
      men. And, their hierarchies and dogmas
      are used to control and manipulate the
      masses with myth, lies, and distortions
      of truth. People need to recognize their
      own divinity and not limit their experiences
      and growth via limitations (with initiations)
      and within the parameters of what the
      "leader" and "Inner-Master" (Klemp) is
      approving via snail-mail endorsements
      and acknowledgments. It's a farce! Klemp
      has no clue as to what's happening in
      the field of reality (action) unless an
      ECKists write him a snail-mail letter
      or a RESA emails a report to the ESC.

      Prometheus

      How about Tom Petty, Like a Refugee ;-)

      Eckists who have traveled overland to
      "Turkey" to escape the totalitarian regime
      of Eckraq. What are we doctors without
      borders?

      etznab wrote:

      Original Lyrics:

      And did you exchange
      A walk on part in the war
      For a lead role in a cage?

      http://www.amiright.com/misheard/song/wishyouwerehere.shtml

      @ 2 minutes, 48 seconds

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAchKt2xjsw

      "Sharon" wrote:

      Anyway, you *will* settle into freedom, and you'll love it!! Just
      be patient, be good to yourself - try to do things to take your mind
      off it, see "normal" people and do "normal" things as much as possible.
      Get fresh air & exercise - trees are very healing!! If you used to
      spend a lot of time on cultstuff, if you're able, do some volunteer
      work.

      Or if you don't watch out it/freedom will settle into you...

      The old cliche of "be yourself" is apt, but if we've been adapting to
      religion, bosses, spouses, children, and everything else in such a way
      as to loose track of our own direction it does take time.

      The line from Pink Floyd fits as we "trade a lead role in a cage for a
      walk on part in a war..." may have garbled it but walking away from
      the gilded cage is very rewarding. But takes strength and
      determination to be free. ~ AA
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011
        Here's what Twitch said about music in "Letters to a Chela", which was one of Twitch's original discourse series, then a rather high-level discourse when I first joined shortly after Klemp took over, then they printed it in book for "for chelas only" and sold it.

        "There are musicians presently incarnated with great stores of angers who are influencing music trends with large dissonant sounds, and are, as they were in previous incarnations, out of harmony with themselves
        and life. The sounds they produce are emulated by the young and exerting influence upon them through assaults on their finer bodies, and the result is lack of energy, creative flow, enthusiasm,
        and self-discipline. The real danger is not in the attack on the subtle bodies however, but in the value system which puts the producer of such discords in a position of hero-worship and adoration. The child is looking full face into the illusion and cannot see the spiritual light which is to his back until his attention is caught in some other manner. This activity on the part of contemporary musicians has already reached its peak, however, and the progression will be
        towards a more harmonious and uplifting sound which, as said before, will be greatly influenced by the emerging ECK artists."

        A bit more on music & the arts from LC is at: http://forums.delphiforums.com/eckankartruth
        It's a bit hard to navigate there, it won't show specific pages in the address bar so I can't give you the exact link to the rest of this discourse, but directions are in the "welcome" page.

        I'm pretty sure Twitch wrote a whole lot more on music, probably in LC, but I didn't retype as much out of the book to post publicly, especially the part about music.

        Have to laugh, because I think what Twitch is saying is what a lot of parents say about their children's choice of music. And once again, Twitch was wrong - rock is certainly *not* dead!! And after quite a few years, I think it's quite obvious that rock did *not* cause the downfall of society or anything else.

        In my opinion, there's no real life in eckmusic. Okay, that soothing new-agey stuff can be nice at times, I guess, but mostly I just don't like it! I'd prefer soothing classical music, or more modern stuff - oh, like Neil Young, who was incredibly healing when I left & was going thru some rough times. Ok, maybe I'm generalizing too much when I say I don't like new-agey eckmusic, was just thinking about a native American flute tape & a Japanese bamboo flute tape I used to really love - they're still packed up too. I never heard Bettine Clemens' music, so who knows, maybe I'd like it.

        Anyway, this just reminded me of what Twitch wrote, sorry I don't have more of it & LC is in a box, I just remember there was a lot more that I just didn't post.

        Have a nice day, everyone!

        Hugs,

        me.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011
          Hello Sharon and All,
          Thanks for the info on Paul.
          After reading this I concluded
          that Twit "borrowed" most
          of the info from other sources
          and tweaked it, or paraphrased
          it, to fit-in with his ECK dogma.

          I no longer buy into the "subtle
          body" belief anymore. Soul
          wouldn't have lower plane
          limitations and need "subtle
          bodies" wrapped around It
          like a "space suit" for "protection
          from coarse vibrations."
          That was another little lie
          that we ECKists accepted
          in the beginning and bought
          into hook, line, and sinker.
          It was simply another mind
          control technique and a
          religious belief which opened
          the door in getting us to
          accept even more outlandish
          declarations that were "provable"
          via dreams and the imagination.
          Soul was, therefore, limited.
          This was the prelude to even
          more grandiose lies based
          around Mahanta codependence
          which became the foundation
          of ECKankar.

          It's ironic that Paul talked
          about the "danger" of "hero
          worship and adoration" for
          musicians when that was
          what he was seeking when
          he lied to get into "Who's
          Who in Kentucky." However,
          it's not unusual for a religious
          leader to be a hypocrite!

          What was Klemp's favorite
          genre of music? I think he
          did mention that he liked
          some Country Western and
          some classical music like
          Wagner and Schoenberg.
          Wagner was an angry guy
          wasn't he!

          Maybe Etznab can come up
          with a few more of Klemp's
          favorites?

          Prometheus

          "Sharon" wrote:
> [...]

          > "Sharon" wrote:
          >
          > Anyway, you *will* settle into freedom, and you'll love it!! Just
          > be patient, be good to yourself - try to do things to take your mind
          > off it, see "normal" people and do "normal" things as much as possible.
          > Get fresh air & exercise - trees are very healing!! If you used to
          > spend a lot of time on cultstuff, if you're able, do some volunteer
          > work.
          >
          > Or if you don't watch out it/freedom will settle into you...
          >
          > The old cliche of "be yourself" is apt, but if we've been adapting to
          > religion, bosses, spouses, children, and everything else in such a way
          > as to loose track of our own direction it does take time.
          >
          > The line from Pink Floyd fits as we "trade a lead role in a cage for a
          > walk on part in a war..." may have garbled it but walking away from
          > the gilded cage is very rewarding. But takes strength and

        • Diana Stanley
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011
            I don"t know if Harold even listened to music. I never saw him.
            I remember that we couldnt wear red as that was an astral color.
            One time Patti Simpson wore a red dress at a seminar and everyone was shocked!
            Diana

> [...]
            >
            > "Sharon" wrote:
            >
            > Anyway, you *will* settle into freedom, and you'll love it!! Just
            > be patient, be good to yourself - try to do things to take your mind
            > off it, see "normal" people and do "normal" things as much as possible.
            > Get fresh air & exercise - trees are very healing!! If you used to
            > spend a lot of time on cultstuff, if you're able, do some volunteer
            > work.
            >
            > Or if you don't watch out it/freedom will settle into you...
            >
            > The old cliche of "be yourself" is apt, but if we've been adapting to
            > religion, bosses, spouses, children, and everything else in such a way
            > as to loose track of our own direction it does take time.
            >
            > The line from Pink Floyd fits as we "trade a lead role in a cage for a
            > walk on part in a war..." may have garbled it but walking away from
            > the gilded cage is very rewarding. But takes strength and

          • Diana Stanley
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011
              The idea of music being neg and the Eck music would change it was the same thing Paul said in 71. I had many Eck musician friends who thought their divine goal was to bring Eck music to the masses. None of them are in eck anymore.Back then we were still listening to Folk music which I never gave up,being an old hippie
              Diana
              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > "Sharon" wrote:
              > >
              > > Anyway, you *will* settle into freedom, and you'll love it!! Just
              > > be patient, be good to yourself - try to do things to take your mind
              > > off it, see "normal" people and do "normal" things as much as possible.
              > > Get fresh air & exercise - trees are very healing!! If you used to
              > > spend a lot of time on cultstuff, if you're able, do some volunteer
              > > work.
              > >
              > > Or if you don't watch out it/freedom will settle into you...
              > >
              > > The old cliche of "be yourself" is apt, but if we've been adapting to
              > > religion, bosses, spouses, children, and everything else in such a way
              > > as to loose track of our own direction it does take time.
              > >
              > > The line from Pink Floyd fits as we "trade a lead role in a cage for a
              > > walk on part in a war..." may have garbled it but walking away from
              > > the gilded cage is very rewarding. But takes strength and

            • Diana Stanley
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011
                One time,when I was working in Menlo Park,I had done something for Darwin,He told me he would come to me in the dream state and take me some where speacial. He never came and I kept careful dream notes.
                I was very disapointed and thought maybe he came and I didn't remember.
                For some reason Darwin was really conserned about what I thought of him. After I left menlo and moved,in the mist of all the crap going on between Darwin and Harold,Darwin called me,he was so drunk I could barely understand him,He was trying to convince me he was really the Mahanta not Harold. I was baffled as what to say him. I think I told him to go to bed and not worry about it!
                Diana

> [...]
                > >
                > > "Sharon" wrote:
                > >
                > > Anyway, you *will* settle into freedom, and you'll love it!! Just
                > > be patient, be good to yourself - try to do things to take your mind
                > > off it, see "normal" people and do "normal" things as much as possible.
                > > Get fresh air & exercise - trees are very healing!! If you used to
                > > spend a lot of time on cultstuff, if you're able, do some volunteer
                > > work.
                > >
                > > Or if you don't watch out it/freedom will settle into you...
                > >
                > > The old cliche of "be yourself" is apt, but if we've been adapting to
                > > religion, bosses, spouses, children, and everything else in such a way
                > > as to loose track of our own direction it does take time.
                > >
                > > The line from Pink Floyd fits as we "trade a lead role in a cage for a
                > > walk on part in a war..." may have garbled it but walking away from
                > > the gilded cage is very rewarding. But takes strength and

              • Austin Atma
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 26, 2011

                  Hilarious drunk mahanta story.  I was around back in the Twichillian era and watched it turn into the Darwinian era, and Haroldian Midwestern temple erection.   Is a baby distortion field, and in some respects it's still working on us like a prism bending our vision back around to the silliness and self-deception that is such an intrinsic part of the Wreckankar Way.

                  I'm running out of material, give me a minute.