Why Don't ECKists Mention Initiation Wait Time?

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 19, 2011

      Apparently God doesn't want us
      to remain unknowing and "in the
      dark" forever.

      It's true, it's exciting, and it works.
      Truly Amazing."

      ME: I wonder why he didn't mention
      the "inner guide/teacher" by name
      or title like Klemp or Mahanta? Is he
      embarrassed or simply being intentionally
      evasive and vague?

      BTW- In Eckankar, the "true (karmaless)
      spiritual realms" are found after the 5th
      initiation on the 5th Plane. But, initiations
      are delved out and controlled, now, by
      Klemp's guidelines via the RESA police.
      The standard time to receive a 5th is 15
      years for professionals and 18 plus years
      for average ECKists!

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 19, 2011
        I've been in Eckankar almost 25 years. My membership has never lapsed.
        My last outer initiation (2000) was the 4th. I don't know if this is
        normal, or the exception.

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
          When I was in Eck we got an intiation every two years. that was in 71
          Diana

          > I've been in Eckankar almost 25 years. My membership has never lapsed.
          > My last outer initiation (2000) was the 4th. I don't know if this is
          > normal, or the exception.

        • dianastanley43
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
            More of Pauls bulls--t
            Diana

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
              Hello Etznab and All,
              Sometimes "normal" is
              elusive and the exception.
              First, I can deduce that
              you are not an architect,
              chiropractor, or an attorney...
              if so you would have gotten
              your 5th by now.

              Therefore, I have basically
              two lines of thought (or a combo
              of both) for you not to have
              received the 5th with almost
              25 years of seamless membership.

              1) Do you volunteer often
              and/or hold a local position?
              Have you taken Arahata training
              and other leadership training
              classes? Have you taught Satsang
              classes? Have you helped with
              intros and workshops and/or
              participated in Regional Seminars?
              With that many years the answer
              needs to be YES to all of these
              questions!

              2) Do you have a good relationship
              with your RESA and an on-going
              regular communication with him/her
              and with local H.I.s? Have you watched
              what you have said to other ECKists
              (bite your tongue) or have you said
              something of a controversial nature?
              Have you said something with a pro
              psychic bent, or been too fixated
              upon EK "history," details, and facts?
              In other words, have you been a good
              soldier and followed orders, rules and
              guidelines without question and talked
              incessantly about the Mahanta's love?

              25 years is a long time not to reach
              the 5th. However, I knew of an ECKist
              who was a 4th for over 20 years before
              finally getting her 5th, but that was
              only due to a change in RESA!

              Prometheus

              Prometheus wrote:
[...]

            • Austin Atma
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 21, 2011

                It's a bogus system... Initiations.

                If a person is going to buy into the guru system then this type of initiatory process is at the "high" bogus end.  Right next to "load o' crap."

                How can you figure out the prison guards system of giving out favors to the inmates/prisoners to keep them distracted and happy.  Such an effective system of power.

              • Diana Stanley
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 26, 2011
                  we did have to keep up our membership fees to get initiations or go to seminars. It seems to me it was around $20 a year or maybe not!
                  Diana

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 26, 2011
                    $20? It costs more than that to listen to a single WWS talk online.

                    <austinatma@...> wrote:

                    > It's a bogus system... Initiations.
                    >
                    > If a person is going to buy into the guru system then this type of
                    initiatory process is at the "high" bogus end. Right next to "load o'
                    crap."

                    > How can you figure out the prison guards system of giving out
                    favors to the inmates/prisoners to keep them distracted and happy.
                    Such an effective system of power.

                    > On Oct 20, 2011, at 10:48 AM, "dianastanley43"
                    <dianastanley43@...> wrote:

                    > > When I was in Eck we got an intiation every two years. that
                    was in 71
                    > > Diana
                    > >
                    > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, etznab@
                    wrote:

                    > > > I've been in Eckankar almost 25 years. My membership has
                    never lapsed.
                    > > > My last outer initiation (2000) was the 4th. I don't
                    know if this is
                    > > > normal, or the exception.

                  • Austin Atma
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 26, 2011
                      Time for #occupytempleofbs. ;-)

                      On Oct 26, 2011, at 9:46 PM, etznab@... wrote:

                      $20? It costs more than that to listen to a single WWS talk online.

                      we did have to keep up our membership fees to get initiations or go to
                      seminars. It seems to me it was around $20 a year or maybe not!
                      Diana

                      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Austin Atma
                      &lt;austinatma@...&gt; wrote:
                      &gt;
                      &gt;
                      &gt; It's a bogus system... Initiations.
                      &gt;
                      &gt; If a person is going to buy into the guru system then this type of
                      initiatory process is at the "high" bogus end. Right next to "load o'
                      crap."
                      &gt;
                      &gt; How can you figure out the prison guards system of giving out
                      favors to the inmates/prisoners to keep them distracted and happy.
                      Such an effective system of power.
                      &gt;
                      &gt; On Oct 20, 2011, at 10:48 AM, "dianastanley43"
                      &lt;dianastanley43@...&gt; wrote:
                      &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; When I was in Eck we got an intiation every two years. that
                      was in 71
                      &gt; &gt; Diana
                      &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, etznab@
                      wrote:
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; I've been in Eckankar almost 25 years. My membership has
                      never lapsed.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; My last outer initiation (2000) was the 4th. I don't
                      know if this is
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; normal, or the exception.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; From: prometheus_973 &lt;prometheus_973@&gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; &lt;EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com&gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Why Don't ECKists
                      Mention
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Initiation Wait Time?
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Â
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Here're some comments from
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; a H.I. who joined in 1972. I don't
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; know if he copied it from a brochure
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; or if it's his own original words...
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; you decide:
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; "Eckankar: An individual's spiritual
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; path emphasizing Soul's own
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; natural and direct inner connections
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; to the twin aspects of Holy Spirit
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; (aka the Eck), the Inner Light and
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Inner Sound of God. These are
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; the twin aspects of Spirit each
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; of us, as Soul, are innately connected
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; to, know it or not. There is an
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; inner guide/teacher who works
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; with us on the outer, via books,
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; seminars, etc., as well as individually
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; on the inner via dreams and
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; conscious Soul Travel experiences.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; You explore your past lives and
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; the karmic situations you've created,
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; learning how to resolve past debts
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; and live in harmony with Spirit,
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; thus creating no new karma. Zero
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; karma means you graduate from
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; reincarnations to existing in the
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; true (karmaless) spiritual realms.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; As Soul, you are already "hard-wired"
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; to do this; explore your spiritual
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; realms and how all that relates
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; directly to you this lifetime.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Apparently God doesn't want us
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; to remain unknowing and "in the
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; dark" forever.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; It's true, it's exciting, and it works.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Truly Amazing."
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; ME: I wonder why he didn't mention
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; the "inner guide/teacher" by name
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; or title like Klemp or Mahanta? Is he
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; embarrassed or simply being intentionally
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; evasive and vague?
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; BTW- In Eckankar, the "true (karmaless)
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; spiritual realms" are found after the 5th
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; initiation on the 5th Plane. But, initiations
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; are delved out and controlled, now, by
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Klemp's guidelines via the RESA police.
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; The standard time to receive a 5th is 15
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; years for professionals and 18 plus years
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; for average ECKists!
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt; &gt; Prometheus
                      &gt; &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt;
                      &gt; &gt;
                      &gt;

                    • Diana Stanley
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 27, 2011
                        A 20$ of scotch would have been more heapful!!!!
                        Diana