Will Harold Announce Joan's Latest Promotion?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011
      Yes, it could be that Harold
      Klemp will announce his wife's
      promotion to ECK Master status
      at the next EK Worldwide Seminar.
      After all, time is running out for
      old Harry to make his move and
      insure he has a spy at the ESC
      office after he retires.

      However, here're some comments
      from a person who knew Joan Cross
      Klemp in a former marriage when
      she worked as her husband's
      (Bob Cross) assistant at Clemson
      University in 1968.
      *************************************
      Excerpt From: Honk If You Love Voltare:
      A Religious Life (66 Felix Academicus)
      by Prof. Sterling Eisiminger, at Clemson
      University

      "I wouldn't call cults a main dish on
      the church picnic table, but I did pick
      at one dish when a friend disappeared
      into the black hole of Eckankar.

      When I came to Clemson, I was assigned
      to Professor Bob Cross for mentoring.
      Bob and I hit it off; from the start, but
      what fascinated me most about Bob was
      the relationship he had with his wife.

      The two were inseparable. Fortunately,
      there were no children, for a Cross child
      would have found the competition stiff
      for parental love.

      At work, they asked for and received one
      office with facing desks. At home, they
      read science fiction and took long walks
      together with their poodle.

      Perhaps I missed the warning signs,
      but Bob missed them as well, for we
      were both stunned when Joan announced,
      "Earth is the hell for all planets circling
      Alpha Centauri." She, for one, was moving
      to California to have her astral shoes
      "resouled" as the new editor of the Eckankar
      Journal. In her spare time, she and her fellow
      Eckankar disciples planned to travel to
      various planes of the Sugmad and serve
      their Eck master.

      In 1997, some twenty years later when
      I read of the thirty-nine Heaven's Gate
      suicides, I scanned the list of the deceased
      fully expecting to find Joan's name among
      those tailing the Hale-Bopp comet. Fortunately,
      Joan's name was not among the missing.

      About the only cult that impresses me
      now is the Frisbeeterian, not to be confused
      with the Presleyterian, which is interesting
      to me only in an academic, pop culture sort
      of way. The former faction believes that when
      someone dies, the soul goes up on a roof,
      and no one can retrieve it. It makes as much
      sense as leaving a devoted husband for the
      unexplored Sugmad."