Google: David Rivinus and Eckankar

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2011
      Hi Etznab,
      FYI- I Googled:
      "David Rivinus and Eckankar"
      and it showed this post from
      2008. Sweet!

      Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 1208

      "Is David Rivinus Patti Simpson's second husband?
      Somewhere over the years, I got the impression that
      that marriage broke up too."

      *********

      "[....] Since their marriage in 1983, Patti and
      her husband, David Rivinus, have lived in the
      Los Angeles area. [....]

      [Based on: Hello Friend, A Journey In ECK,
      By Patti Simpson, 3rd Printing: 1985, [inside
      back cover]. Original Copyright 1981. Revised
      Edition: 1984.]

      "Another interesting development in the August
      7 meeting was the appointment, by resolution,
      of Patricia Simpson Rivinus, Paul Twitchell's
      secretary, as the new secretary of Eckankar.
      Only one day later, she was, by resolution,
      summarily removed from this position and told
      that

      ... her services as an officer are hereby termin-
      ated, both such removal and termination being eff-
      ective immediately. [....]

      Joan Cross (later Harold's wife) was

      ... appointed as Secretary of Eckankar, effective
      immediately, to serve the unexpired portion of the
      current term of Secretary."

      [See: Ford Johnson, Confessions of a God Seeker,
      A Journey to Higher Consciousness, p. 233-234]

      Sharon,

      From what I can gather, it looks like Patti and
      David were married sometime before August 7th,
      1983. I don't know if that marriage broke up, but
      it appears both are scheduled to speak at the
      Monterey Conference today.

      From: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 10:18 AM

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1a. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
      From: prometheus_973

      1b. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
      From: prometheus_973

      1c. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
      From: etznab@...

      1d. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
      From: etznab@...

      Messages
      1a. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
      Posted by: "prometheus_973" prometheus_973@...
      prometheus_973
      Date: Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:03 pm ((PDT))

      Hello All,
      I saw on "Eckankar Wire" an article that
      had a picture of Doug Marman cropped
      to look like the one Klemp is selling as
      "The Master's Gaze." However, I also
      noticed that DM's picture has recently
      been deleted from this article.

      But, I found it again!

      http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2008/2008-Oct-02/a-discussion-
      with-a-different-sort-of-spiritual-leader/1/@@index

      I doubt that this comes up but just Google:
      Traveling Light: Doug Marman

      The article is by Sarah Kenoyer of the
      MontereyCountyWeekly.com

      In Klemp's photo HK is looking slightly to
      his right and in Doug's DM is looking slightly
      to his left.

      Check it out!

      Is Doug competing with Harry on book sales?
      I wonder WHY Eckankar didn't publish Doug's
      book on Twitchell?

      Here's a site where David Lane attempts
      to have a rational discussion with Marman.
      Unfortunately, Lane didn't realize that Marman
      is a narrow-minded brainwashed wannabe
      with a hidden agenda.

      http://vclass.mtsac.edu:930/phil/kirpaltheory.htm

      Enjoy!

      Prometheus

      Messages in this topic (4)
      Date: Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:26 pm ((PDT))

      Hello All,
      I saw on "Eckankar Wire" an article that
      had a picture of Doug Marman cropped
      to look like the one Klemp is selling as
      "The Master's Gaze." However, I also
      noticed that DM's picture has recently
      been deleted from this article.

      But, I found it again!

      Click what is Highlighted (below) and when
      the page comes up put [Doug Marman] in the
      Google Search box in place of "archives 2008
      Oct. discussion"

      http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2008/2008-Oct-02/a-discussion-
      with-a-different-sort-of-spiritual-leader/1/@@index

      Or Google-
      Traveling Light: Doug Marman

      The article is by Sarah Kenoyer=20 of the

      Posted by: "etznab@..." etznab@... etznab18
      Date: Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:11 am ((PDT))

      I didn't see the picture when I clicked the link.

      Why do you suppose a picture comes out now?
      Is it for the October 4th, Monterey Conference?

      http://www.spiritualdialogues.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

      BTW, what happened to A.R.E. Google Groups
      (or is it just my computer)? As of this morning at
      about 7 a.m. the last post on the A.R.E. board was
      by Kinpa at about 4 p.m. yesterday evening. About
      15 hours ago!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2011
        "From what I can gather, it looks like Patti and David were married
        sometime before August 7th,
        1983. I don't know if that marriage broke up, but it appears both are
        scheduled to speak at the
        Monterey Conference today."

        That Monterey Conference was in 2008 and was not an Eckankar-sponsored
        event. I believe it was connected to Doug Marman's Spiritual Dialogues
        Project website. Patti and David were listed as guest speakers.

        I don't believe the marriage between Patti & David broke up.

        From: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
        To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 10:18 AM

        From: prometheus_973

        1b. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: prometheus_973

        1c. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: etznab@...

        1d. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: etznab@...

        Messages