Re: Project Reason Talks About...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12 10:09 AM

      current (living) and longest
      leader of Eckankar, Harold
      Klemp.

      By his own writings we know
      that he was born just outside
      of Appleton, Wisconsin and that
      he had an older brother.

      This fact alone negates, according
      to EK scripture, that he is the Mahanta.
      What else is a distortion or lie?
      Does it matter?

      Prometheus
      http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
      _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

      etznab wrote:
      WOW!

      prometheus wrote:
      The message and views apply to
      both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
      I can see the parallels and similarities...
      can you?

      http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
      _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
    • dianastanley43
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12 11:11 AM
        All religions are the same, depending on the culture the wording is different.
        In my oppion, as Nisargata said, "You can throw spirituality out with the dish water"
        Diana

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13 11:21 AM
          FYI- I added Duane Klemp's
          birth year (1940) as well as
          Harold Klemp's (1942). This
          is proof that Harold Was Not
          born by a Virgin as the ECK-
          ankar Holy Book the Shariyat-
          Ki-Sugmad (Book One, Chapter
          6) requires for a Mahanta.

          BTW- Harold's parents were
          both born in 1911. Arno died
          in Oct. 1971 [remember, Harold
          Did Not attend his father's funeral]
          and Linda A. (Voight) Klemp
          died on June 5, 2005.

          Interesting, too, that the young
          ex-Mormon in this Youtube
          video (below) didn't return home
          from his missionary mission in
          Japan to attend his father's funeral
          either!

          prometheus wrote:

[...]

          [Duane: 1940-1983]
          [Harold: 1942- ? ]

          \
          _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

          etznab wrote:
          WOW!

          prometheus wrote:
          The message and views apply to
          both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
          I can see the parallels and similarities...
          can you?

          http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
          \
          _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
        • Non
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 13 10:29 PM
            I especially like the part about being liberated from the belief in some kind of Satan or Devils. It is the fear that keeps members tethered to false teachings. Ever notice how eckist get so offended by those who ask too many questions or point out the contradictions, etc, and call them angry and hateful. Of course, this is just projection on their part. The fear in them is so strong that they become enraged and start yelling at the skeptic that they are hateful and angry. I have seen this up front and personal. It is quite a shocking sight to see. The truth is, their beliefs do not stand up to the tests of someone with an open mind. Then somehow you get labeled as the evil one. Soooo absurd!

            non eckster ; )