Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Project Reason Talks About...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11 3:16 PM
      WOW!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous
      Sent: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Project Reason Talks About...

      The message and views apply to
      both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
      I can see the parallels and similarities...
      can you?

      http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my_name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12 10:09 AM
        Hello Etznab and All,
        Yes, all one has to do is
        insert some ECK jargon.

        Devil would be Kal.
        Jesus would be Mahanta.
        Bible would be Shariyat.

        So, this person looked at
        scripture (in the Book of
        Mormon) and compared
        it to proven history and facts.

        For the Shariyat (Eckankar's
        BiBle) there's "the Birth of the
        Mahanta" which can be found
        in Book One (CH.6) and in the
        index of the Combined Shariyats.

        In Chapter 6 of the EK Shariyat,
        Book One, it states that the
        Mahanta always has a mysterious
        birth, near a large body of
        water, and is born by a Virgin.

        Let's look at the birth of the
        current (living) and longest
        leader of Eckankar, Harold
        Klemp.

        By his own writings we know
        that he was born just outside
        of Appleton, Wisconsin and that
        he had an older brother.

        This fact alone negates, according
        to EK scripture, that he is the Mahanta.
        What else is a distortion or lie?
        Does it matter?

        Prometheus
        http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
        _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

        etznab wrote:
        WOW!

        prometheus wrote:
        The message and views apply to
        both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
        I can see the parallels and similarities...
        can you?

        http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
        _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
      • dianastanley43
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12 11:11 AM
          All religions are the same, depending on the culture the wording is different.
          In my oppion, as Nisargata said, "You can throw spirituality out with the dish water"
          Diana

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 13 11:21 AM
            FYI- I added Duane Klemp's
            birth year (1940) as well as
            Harold Klemp's (1942). This
            is proof that Harold Was Not
            born by a Virgin as the ECK-
            ankar Holy Book the Shariyat-
            Ki-Sugmad (Book One, Chapter
            6) requires for a Mahanta.

            BTW- Harold's parents were
            both born in 1911. Arno died
            in Oct. 1971 [remember, Harold
            Did Not attend his father's funeral]
            and Linda A. (Voight) Klemp
            died on June 5, 2005.

            Interesting, too, that the young
            ex-Mormon in this Youtube
            video (below) didn't return home
            from his missionary mission in
            Japan to attend his father's funeral
            either!

            prometheus wrote:

[...]

            [Duane: 1940-1983]
            [Harold: 1942- ? ]

            \
            _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

            etznab wrote:
            WOW!

            prometheus wrote:
            The message and views apply to
            both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
            I can see the parallels and similarities...
            can you?

            http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
            \
            _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
          • Non
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13 10:29 PM
              I especially like the part about being liberated from the belief in some kind of Satan or Devils. It is the fear that keeps members tethered to false teachings. Ever notice how eckist get so offended by those who ask too many questions or point out the contradictions, etc, and call them angry and hateful. Of course, this is just projection on their part. The fear in them is so strong that they become enraged and start yelling at the skeptic that they are hateful and angry. I have seen this up front and personal. It is quite a shocking sight to see. The truth is, their beliefs do not stand up to the tests of someone with an open mind. Then somehow you get labeled as the evil one. Soooo absurd!

              non eckster ; )